This show began the reign of Calarts animation and "LOL SO RANDUMB XD" humor in cartoons...

This show began the reign of Calarts animation and "LOL SO RANDUMB XD" humor in cartoons, and is one of the primary reasons why the industry has gone to shit.

Discuss.

I enjoy it.

It was good in it's first 4 seasons, but there are more better CN shows like Billy and Mandy and Megas XLR.

Unironically my favourite cartoon of all time.

It alright, loved it when it first started, but I lost interest in it with time and later episodes.Still, it saved CN from the grips of CN Real, and for that, I am forever grateful.

>"LOL SO RANDUMB XD" humor in cartoons
I am pretty sure Animaniac did it before, and before it lots of looney toons.

i still can't find those pics where jake hand squeeze bubblegum so hard,she ooze gum out of her eyes and mouth.

somehow those kind of things makes me curious.

>"LOL SO RANDUMB XD" humor in cartoons
Today, this means "whatever I don't like".

I don't think it actually happened.

yeah adventure time is just another case of a show being kept alive after its prime, with its initial formula it was only a mater of time until it to shit, same thing with regular show.

Adventure Time doesn't have a 'formula' really. Regular Show is like the antithesis of Adventure Time, this is a bad comparison.

of course not,it was fanart,some anons posted it in a hate thread or something.

Adventure Time i still great, though, but it had to break the mold to not become stale and some didn't like it. but I enjoy each and every episode at the exception of Red Throne and Frost and Fire.

>primary reason why the industry has gone to shit

if i remember correctly when adventure time aired in 2007 mostly of the good cartoons were already gone. Thats one of the reasons it got so amous,, it was the only new cartoon with half-descent animation ans story.

what I mean is, with as many characters as it started with, and how vast and unexplained its world began, unless it was only gonna have one season the writers had no choice but to slowly expand on things to keep the show fresh, with a setup like that the only way to stay fluid is find a path and commit to it. They decided to do an angsty coming of age theme, and while that can work it got to far to serious for a show initially about saving silly mutated princesses, and they still aren't self aware.

Behead all those who insult Animaniacs.

CalArts destroyed the cartoon industry. Look at all these brilliant cartoons of the 2000s. The only 2010s cartoon on this quality level is Gravity Falls.

>This autist again.

>when adventure time aired in 2007
AT started in 2010, dude.

Having actual taste isn't autism, no matter what Sup Forums says.

The pilot was released in 2007, but it began airing the season in 2010.
But still, my point remains.

>The Batman
>Teen Titans
>actual taste

Top kek. If only Sup Forums thought like you huh?

Teen Titans is wildly popular here, and Sup Forums is slowly warming up to The Batman thanks to my well-reasoned arguments.

>the "reign of CalArts" only started in 2010

It's cute that you think that

You know what, I'll bite. Sell me on The Batman.

The reign of CalArts *style* certainly started then.

Define CalArts style
Because i guarantee you don't know what you're talking about or why you even started using the term

>Things that were good in The Batman:
List shamelessly ripped from another user, though I did make one change
>Joker
>Clayface
>Yin
>Firefly
>Clock King
>Hugo Strange
>Black Mask
>Batgirl
>Harley Quinn as a quack talk show host
>Joker and Harley's relationship
>Dracula
>Pretty much every Villain's design
>Alfred
>The Batmobile Designs
>Batman spending a good amount of time on actual detective work
>Bruce Wayne being just as important as Batman
>Gadgets created for one episode reappearing in multiple others

>wildly popular here
Not indicative of quality.
>Sup Forums is warming up to The Batman thanks to my well seasoned arguments
How deluded are you?

I'd rather watch The Batman than season 5 of Adventure Time

reasoned != seasoned
This is the level of intelligence I've come to expect from TAS fanatics.

The most obvious tell is bean mouth, closely followed by sphere eyes.

like this?

Are you trolling? There's no bean mouth there at all, and those are pie eyes, not sphere eyes.

>Not indicative of quality.
Then what is, user?

Why?

And you attribute that to an entire animation school like CalArts because...?
I can link you multiple years worth of student films from CalArts and I can assure you that the styles are all varied

He probably likes batman.

Season 5 wasn't that good

Your assurances are irrelevant when it is obvious what is happening to the industry.

You mean the same thing that's been happening for decades?
"Hoo boy, I can identify a trend, that makes me a Genuine Cartoon Critic"

Repeating standard talking points for deflection doesn't make them true.

OK so what substantial objective critique are you offering besides merely observing the fact that a certain style has become popular?
You're allowed to dislike this trend, sure, but that's subjective and offers nothing of substance.

>Harley Quinn
>Good Design

Nah Man, I liked Ivys one though

Wait, what? Her design was almost identical to the original...

I thought Invader Zim started the "LOL SO RANDUMB XD" brand of humor that's gotten so popular over the years.

It's also probably the reason more cartoons have some kind of continuity more frequently these days as well

see

Zim wasn't around long enough to be an influence on anything

It might not have inspired any cartoons (and I somehow doubt that), but the Hot Topic kids that spawned because of Zim were the root of the early 2000s Internet edgy autism.

It was a very different type of randomness, much more in line with classic cartoon zaniness.

TFW its actually a retarded 12 year old

Nah, Animaniacs is the origin of Family Guy tier pop culture reference humor.

It along with MLP helped save western animation so I cant be too mad at it.
That being said, its still a pretty mediocre cartoon

It's weird cuz I'm a huge old-school D&D playing alcoholic hipster faggot IRL and this show should have been my shit but I watched a few episodes and was like, it's kinda funny but ehhhh.

TFW it's an user without any actual arguments

I'd take Harley's design in The Batman over what they turned her into now.

>LOL SO RANDUMB XD

You mean invader zim?

I can't watch more than 20 seconds of this show without being dummy high

Invader zim is like the god of hot topic

I enjoy it. One of my favorite cartoons in fact. It's also the show that got me back into cartoons.

Zim did start the "holds up spork" trend. Shame because it's a great show that's still funny today, but most people who haven't seen it associate it with "penguin of doom" idiots.

>its not what I grew up with therefore its the problem that ruined everything I had nostalgia for, the thread

Hey me too. That and Wakfu.

The accusations of Adventure Time being lolsorandumb have always been retarded because the world is created in such a way that the random shit is just normal. Like if you see a cartoon that has talking candy people in it and you go "wow look at this stupid show, fucking talking candy, what lolrandum garbage" you're pretty stupid because the show is a magical kitchen sink where all sorts of creatures exist and live together and the setting has internal rules that they follow.

This critique of AT has only fit when talking about the show's pilot.

Without Adventure Time, streaming would have already killed the cartoon. Your Tiny Equines wouldn't have done shit.

Stop posting these mostly shitty, fake animes from the current century as "the best cartoons ever made." You look like a ten year old who knows fuck-all about animation other than shit on the tv when you were a kid.