The Sonic the Hedgehog movie (2018)

Tim Miller (who directed Deadpool) is the director, and its going to be partly CGI and partly Live action.

Next year mates, this thing is getting close to theaters. Expectations? Theories? I heard that this is supposed to be a reboot of the Sonic franchise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j6mzBjFtcBc
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-21-sega-forever-the-nostalgia-trip-that-could-transform-the-companys-future
youtube.com/watch?v=TvyNMPhqqA8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I fit has the Sonic Boom writters, this will be solid gold.
Fans will hate it, as usual.

Expect what little good will of Colors, Generations and Mania did for the public eye to be flushed down.
GG as always SEGA & Sonic Team.

>its going to be partly CGI and partly Live action.

youtube.com/watch?v=j6mzBjFtcBc

I hope Amy is in it and is cute and legal with a nice butt

What parts would be live action? Is he going to travel to the real world and turn into a real hedgehog?

We don't really have many details. This thing is being kept hush hush.

>Tim Miller (who directed Deadpool)
>Deadpool
It's gonna be shit, m8s

This is by far my most favorite fucking scene. I don't know why it tickles me so.

How do you reboot a movie franchise that never had a movie to begin with?

I think the OP's under the impression that the movie would somehow affect a new direction for other properties, but this has seldom ever been the case for Sonic, every thing does its own thing. Except I guess certain points of the Archie comics that were expected to sort of promote game stuff by making change to better fit what was happening with Adventure when that was the modern thing, but it's not like those things really had any irreversible effect in the comic or the games.

>Next year
It was delayed again. I hope it gets cancelled.

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-21-sega-forever-the-nostalgia-trip-that-could-transform-the-companys-future

It's been delayed for a second time. Hopefully, this means the film is in development hell & never comes out. I don't trust Sony to make a good film, much less a good Sonic film at all.

Sorry fellas, but I'm the only real hedgehog for this board

There was a japanese animated movie at some point I think. I saw a YouTube Poop of it once.

>Legal
She's a cartoon hedgehog, you dip.

Not a movie, but an OVA.

What's the difference

The question is...

Who will be Eggman? They need the voice to make him, are they going to pull a Scooby Doo where the live action version matches the original VA?

My theory is that it's going to be something like Sonic X with Sonic and friends coming to our world.

This. Why is it always 1 step forward, two steps back with this shit?

Because is a joke. Sonic is indeed just a shitty franchise. Honestly, to think this was Mario's rival? It's embarrassing. Sonic deserves to get booted from Smash Bros and just continue to flop until the franchise dies.

They're mostly shorter than a full on movie and they're not released in theaters. Though The Sonic OVAs were cut together and released as Sonic The Hedgehog The Movie in America.

t. IGN

>Sonic is indeed a shitty franchise

See you say that, and initially I agreed BUT

>released a game that was praised, despite the numerous localisation problems
>released a game that let you control three sonic characters with all the control you'd usually expect from trying to force a fox, an echidna and a hedgehog to stay so close AND then make it even worse for the PS2 port
>released a game about his dark version using guns to kill aliens that's universally regarded as mediocre, with the main selling point that it's the only sonic game that doesn't handle like a bag of vibrators on surfboard made of only spaghetti and butter
>releases a game that would have still been awful had all the characters bar sonic not been slow as shit, or had it not promoted bestiality, or had it not had the worst final levels of any sonic game, or had it not done a thousand other things
>released a couple of sonic games on rails about King Arthur and Arabian Nights
>released a fucking Bioware team rpg game with the most horrible version of Mario & Luigi battle mechanics, ignoring the fact that the plot has Knuckles basically be what Shadow was in his game
>released a couple of fighting games, all of which were shit
>released a game in which one can supposedly like the wii version, or the ds version, but not both as fighting lizard muppets as sonic is this divisive guys
>released half a boring God of War game along with a decent sonic game

>completely ignored the decent GBA games, because fuck Dimps

Let's be honest, by Trump rules of business, for SEGA/Sonic team to exist after all that automatically makes it a pretty succesful franchise.

>its going to be partly CGI and partly Live action.
So it's going to be garbage.

Why do they keep doing this shit. It's the worst possible way to adapt a property.

My theory/hope is maybe it's all cgi, but occasionally there will be scenes where the backgrounds are live action, but the characters are not.

Sup Forums convinced me this apparent trainwreck of a has been video game character is good... and boy, was Sup Forums right.

That movie is good.

>Sup Forums
>not user
god dammit, summerfag, we are not this one user... well, at least not until the omnification that is, but until then we are still individuals with ocasional hivemind behavior.
Its this simple!

>Expectations?
Autism.

Fast autism?

This show is not suposed to be good
youtube.com/watch?v=TvyNMPhqqA8

Bonus points for triggering sonics fanbase.

>Expectations?
That it gets canceled
Theories?
Something causes it to be canceled
>I heard that this is supposed to be a reboot of the Sonic franchise.
So Sonic 06, the Movie. Yep, I hope it gets fucking canceled.

As opposed to slow autism?

>Sony

Cancel it. Please.

>cgi+live

>this can only mean a 'sonic and friends visit the real world' kinda deal.

Did sega didnt learn anything from sonic x?

Yeah, "Japan hates Sonic while the stupid Americans will eat up anything".

One sonic character for the rest of your life. Who do you choose?

Knock knock it's Knuckles

One character for what?

Best girl

That's not Rouge.

i unironically feel a lot of nostalgia for the bad aspects of 90s culture
current society is just too depressing, also its anti children no joke.
ast time i went to mcdonalds all the cute decoration was gone, the only reminder that its a family place was a little table foor drawing hidden in a corner and the ballpit and play area was permanentlly closed with a sign with a number to call for birthdays
if i ever have kids im taking them out all the time, i dont like how sad the world is without children

When they say partly live action I really hope they mean joke segments

Deadpool was okay though. I think Sup Forums has been memeing on you too much.

>eggman being a bro
>gets his package he's been waiting for
>just waiting for the right music to start invading with a giant robot
This man is a force of nature

>Partially live action
It's going to be shit

Maybe they mean CGI characters in real life environments? Like a real life looking Greenhill zone with real grass and real water and such.

She's a whore, amy is cute and best girl.

Enjoy Divorce Rape loser. This is a terrible era to be a Family Man. If you're a twat though? Enjoy I guess since you don't lose anything in that case.

You're right, Rouge is not the best girl.

>being this wrong.

Its funny to think about how many different iterations of Sonic out there. Each one of us probably has a different canon we follow as being the 'main' one.

I grew up with none of the shows and only the 2D games, so for me the only real canon was the Genesis games: 1 2 3 K and CD. But maybe I would have thought differently if I had watched SatAM when growing up.

so wait a minute... is sonic boom just the imagination of some manchild dressed as sonic?

Only one right choice

Best at being shit, maybe.

Okay Sup Forums I got you.
The ingredients to make THE PERFECT SONIC MOVIE

>Director and team behind the Lego Movies
>Ian Flynn main writer with Sonic Boom writers assisting
>Entirely CG made by the Kung Fu Panda team with pieces of their 2D animation
>Sonic Design is a fusion of Modern and Classic Sonic
>Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy are the main protagonists
>Eggman and two lackey's are the antagonists
>No Super Sonic, instead a climax akin to Over the Hedge Climax with the whole world crawling to a halt while Sonic moves normally.

It may not be what the businessmen upstairs want, but no fan could get upset at it. The movie would literally be a fan favorite.

>chestlets
When will they learn?

Go sit in the corner & be quiet, Boco

Sounds good to me

Probably either Rouge or Blaze. Hard to choose.

Sally. One of my earliest crushes.

Based Eggman following the bro code.

>Picking anyone but Eggman

Pick the name: Eggman or Robotnik?

Both. One as a penname and one as the actual name.

Lets say that's not an option.

I prefer Robotnik, but I have no real enmity toward Eggman given the compromise in .

Eggman. Robotnik sounds like cold-war era anti-Russia propaganda. Also you can't have his theme from SA2 with robotic.

>partly CGI and partly Live action.

Oh God, it's Sonic 06 all over again!

Isn't Eggman's real name Ovi Kintobor?

Only in the UK.

Gamma. Dude doesn't need to work with anyone else to get shit done.