This was the best moment from the show

this was the best moment from the show

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uUxKtZ5-aZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uUxKtZ5-aZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=M5FR1LGsT7E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah it has to be when tom is in prison, or the nigga moment, or at least the chris hansen bit.

Huey spending an entire episode to save an innocent man from prison, only to realize that for all his intelligence and belief in the world, he's still just a kid who can't change everything.

Then God hits Ruckus with lightning for turning the town racist and the governor decides gets scared into pardoning the guy, did you watch the last two minutes?

I did, but it doesn't change the fact that Huey had to resort to prayer because he couldn't do anything by himself, and that broke him down.

The fact that everything worked out by literal divine miracle doesn't mean Huey's breakdown was any less significant, especially since he was always the character who acted like he could do anything because he was smart and the world around him was dumb.

>Dat phone call to Sarah, she tells him just to hide.
>Screams when he hangs up the phone
Honestly good just to see her not slutty bitch

this show really was great for it's time. a shame adult swim lacks shows that are both funny and thoughtful at the same time. as much as I like Rick and Morty I agree with a lot of people here it lacks the depth that went into shows like the Boondocks.

I know that the man in the picture is supposed to Young Robert.

But who is the lady? Is that Huey and Riley's Grandma?

It's Riley and Huey's mom and dad.

Why would that make Granddad cry? I mean, their parents aren't dead, are they?

>I mean, their parents aren't dead, are they?
Yes, they are.

Considering the fact that they're being raised by their grandpa, yeah.

How did you get by the CAPTCHA?

Nigga it's like your brain shut down at the exact moment you're speaking of. Huey broke down and resorted to prayer to solve everything. Fucking Huey, the one character you're supposed to turn to for a voice of reason in the show, and the one who usually figures everything out. He's not perfect, and his character also serves to parody extremist thoughts, but the fact that he broke down in the end is what's important. The fact that something good happened afterword doesn't change what took place prior. That shit with Ruckus was more for us than the lesson he experienced. For all the good you try to do and all the effort you put forth, you might not make any difference whatsoever.

actually my favorite episode were the ones with Wuncler, particularly, the one with the burger.

Was.. was that ever planned to be addressed in the show?

They live with their grandpa and their parents never show up, what did you think was going on?

I could have sworn that their parents were off overseas doing something and the arrangement with Granddad was just a temporary deal, but I may have been thinking of something else.

I thought we'd get a flashback like in Hey Arnold. That'd be nice at least. I mean yeah it is obvious they're dead but still.

Simple. Huey and Riley's constant war with each drove them over the edge, forcing them to move in with their grandfather who always wanted children.

Seeing Ganstalicious standing alone outside Thugnificent's house after getting stood up always stuck in my mind in a depressing way.

youtu.be/uUxKtZ5-aZQ

I thought that was a young grandpa with his (since-deceased) wife, not Riley's parents.

This was my favorite scene

Best girl, because she won't dump a fortune into PETA's foul little pockets.

I love the moment in OP, but this is my second favorite

It's a show for adults, I assume Aaron McGruder trusts that the viewers aren't retards and can infer things about the setting from clues, rather than having everything directly stated.

Feels shitty that the money ended going to PETA of all organizations. Jasmine may be a sweetheart but she can really fuck up at times.

>I HATE FUCKING CHINESE

The song helps a lot, it's just so sad and apropos. Thugnificent and his crew are just as phony as Gangstalicious, but Ganstalicious is the one who is being ostracized by the rap community for trying to be a little more honest about who he is with his music.

Take that back you worthless pile of wasted flesh.

>grandfather who always wanted children
If he's a grandfather, he's HAD children, that's kind of how being a GRAND father works.

I'll court controversy and say the fake MLK speech is my favorite scene. It is the truth.

To be fair, when you're a kid, PETA is the first thing that comes up when it comes to "help the animals". It's only later in life when you dig a little deeper and realize just how messed up that whole organization is.

The MLK Jr. speech is depressingly relevant even to this day.

It really makes me wonder why Boondocks hasn't inspired some black cultural reformation movement. It's so on the nose and correct about everything yet has made no decent impact. I think we black Americans are doomed to fuck ourselves for another century or something.

>I think we black Americans are doomed to fuck ourselves for another century or something.

Well, Huey even commented on that in the R. Kelly trial episode. Even he admitted that he was often vexed by the behavior of his people and their eagerness to cling to willful ignorance and no attempts to improve their situation.

they cant afford cable

Great fuckin episode that scene made me tear up, it's a shame the final season of The Boondocks was so terrible

MISTAKES INTO MIRACLES

HOMIES OVER HOES

I'm partial to this 3 second gag

Fuck

Literally the only reason they can move to the Boondocks is because their parents left the kids money when they died.

Boondocks was a great show

Aaron wasn't a part of the last season, it's not even worth being considered canon because it's written like the people who made it had never even watched the show.

>Boondocks is filled with heartfelt character moments
>Some motherfucker has to chime in with "lol the funny way they talked about niggers was the best, haha, silly niggers"

This is what makes me feel like any black-run show that tackles black issues and tries to have a crossover audience is doomed to fail, with the showrunner. Chappelle said it best when he said he felt he was being laughed at, not with. I feel Boondocks suffered from the same thing. Even from Season 1, People just used it to justify their opinions on black culture, sanctioned by the idea that a black guy "agreeing" with them.

I like how thugalicious predicted a new generation of gay rappers

I feel that the most that people get out of Boondocks is
>DUDE BLACK PEOPLE LMAO

youtube.com/watch?v=uUxKtZ5-aZQ

It's Gangstalicious. Hell the name is pretty gay itself.

Think one of my favorite moments was when Thugnificent's rap career fell to pieces and he had to learn to accept that.

you're thinking of anime

DO THE HOMIE

Yes.

No, you mong. It was Granddad's wedding photo.

they were also living on their parents' inheritance, which their granddad was in charge of in loco parentis.

that part was addressed - that the money they had wasn't granddad's.

The first episode of season three already answered that question. Electing Barack Obama killed the need for a cultural reformation movement because people thought that electing the first black president would eliminate racism.

Nigga

DICK-RIDIN'
OBAMA OBAMA

DICK-RIDIN'
OBAMA OBAMA

youtube.com/watch?v=M5FR1LGsT7E

"Black Entertainment Television....IS THE WORST THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE"

"USHER, MICHAEL JACKSON IS NOT A GENRE OF MUSIC"

"AND NOW I'D LIKE TO TALK ABOUT SOUL TRAIN"

>Uploaded 7 fucking years ago and it's still accurate

It doesn't feel relevant today, nowadays Black people are being kept willfully ignorant by well educated blacks like Roland Martin and Don Lemon, or white Liberals.

>Speaks honestly, but it gives credence to my ideological opponents so fuck that

I was hoping for something like that for the last season, but then Mcgruder left and they decided to fully concentrate on the comedy.

I thought that was because of the grape-menthol pencils we hand out to blacks when they take the SATs.

Holy shit
I don't care if that guy's gay, what I just listened to was fucking incredible...

Also does that count as rap? Because that was too smooth to be rap. Or maybe it's because I classify rap as today's trash and I'm wrong. I know it's good at it's roots.

Anyway what I'm saying is, that's a great song and thanks for the share.

You need to listen to more music if you think this is rap

This is funk/soul

I think the problem, something you can even see in most Boondocks threads here on Sup Forums, is that for every person who likes just how relevant and hard hitting the Boondocks could be, you'll get 10 people saying "haha niggers am I right". Like when Chapelle was saying he felt that people were starting to laugh at him instead of with him.

Don't get me wrong, I loved those parts too, but I always appreciated that the Boondocks could skirt that line between trying to communicate relevant messages and knowing when to not take itself too seriously. It's a rare accomplishment in media.

The photo is of Granddad's wedding but
>Why would a man cry at a mural of his dead child's wedding lovingly painted by his own grandson?

You might be thinking of the original Ducktales cartoon.

What gets me about Don Lemon is that he's really not worse than most centrist corporate news personalities. He spews the same brand of bullshit as the rest of CNN and MSNBC. The thing is that he has such little conviction when he says it that you can't take him seriously. You can look into his eyes and see the shame. I think that if random person in the room just told him "shut the fuck up, Don" he'd do it without protest. If the word "milquetoast" had a face, it would be Don Lemon's.

Although there was one news segment recently when he grew a spine. I can't remember what it was about though.

Hey Arnold

It's not just that, but fundamentally "the community" doesn't WANT to reform itself. The people there don't actually have any interest in what that would take and for the most part would rather cry and scream and take whatever is given for it.

Because talking about it or going out for a day or two is easy. Actually accomplishing something is fucking hard as balls and everyone knows it. You need to draw up plans, raise funding, designate buildings, deal with education, and a million other things. Actually accomplishing that can't be done by one or even a hundred people. It needs to be done by thousands nationwide and it can't be done via routes presently idolized.

Man Boondocks threads just make me lose more and more hope.

IM MAD