Does Sup Forums still buy floppies or support their LCS?

Does Sup Forums still buy floppies or support their LCS?

I make it a habbit to buy at least one issue per week from my LCS and buy the rest on comixology.

I do for collectibles. fuck buying comics though.
I wait for the hardcovers or TPB and I always go with Amazon or Barnes and Noble. they ALWAYS sell them for less than the list price.

I pop in now and then to see if they've got any back issues I'm looking to add to my current binding projects. Buying the odd t-shirt now and then, or some other tat. But I've not had a pull list with them since 2011.

I stopped a few years ago.

>I do for collectibles, but fuck buying comics
You're still part of the issue.

don't care.

Ever since Rebirth started, I've been actually buying floppies as a keepsake, mostly for 'Tec and Action #1000; the rest I'm collecting up to issue #25 and then seeing which ones I want to drop. I've made good friends with the dudes who work at the shop, so I go there just to talk sometimes.

I'm re-getting into the habit of buying trades, I missed out on collecting GA, RHATO, SS, and Aquaman.

I plan on buying Grant Morrosion's run on Batman and Robin, and finishing off Mark Waid's run on Wally West Flash.

i do. I'll never purchase a digital comic tho.

You do or you wouldn't have started posting.

>I plan on buying Grant Morrosion's run on Batman and Robin
Hell yeah. I need to buy Waids Flash too. All I've got is Johns.

I started doing as such and my LCS had trouble even ordering the things I read, since in the manager's words they are overwhelmingly use to only getting orders for DC, Marvel and Saga. They ended up missing a couple of issue due to some confusion, but once everything was in order, half the stuff I get either ended or went on hiatus, because apparently that's another problem with things that aren't the big two.

I do also buy some digital only stuff, mostly french fantasy comics from that thing soleil/delcourt started up to get translated versions of their stuff to the states. Half that stuff also has no regularity in releases.

The whole affair makes me understand why some wouldn't want to bother at all.

I have a pull list that's currently 44 titles. But I'm with on never buying digital. I have no idea what to do with the codes for free digital copies I get either.

What's wrong with buying digital?

Yeah, right now I like collecting certain books, and looking for old ones I want to read. I even have a pull set up with a smaller shop.

Case in point, a pull from a week or 2 ago.

I have 4 pull lists at 4 different shops but only have 2 books on each list

Not those 2 anons, but I can hopefully answer.

There's nothing wrong, I just like the feeling better of the physical book in my hand.

What issue? Buying floppies is a waste of money, they're a pain in the ass to store properly, and they take up too much space. It's not the consumers fault if the product that the industry makes is inconvenient, even DC knows this, that's why they're switching All-Star to a trade format.

Where do you keep it tho?

Trades
usually hardcover unless the price discrepancy between it and paper is crazy

Nothing wrong

I buy mostly digital because I'm running out of shelf space.

>paying for a product that doesn't really exist

You don't own them.

In the Terms of Service, they reserve the right to delete the comics you purchased at any time from your device.

Obviously this likely won't happen, but it's a very real possibility.

For the most part, you don't have the rights to it. If it's DRM free, then that's great.

If the goal is just to support the industry, why would that be an issue? If collection is the goal, isn't that what tpbs are for?

Buying a longbox, making a little wall of full boxes, or putting them under my bed.

yes. they give discounts if you have pull list and it varies by the amount of books you get per month

I also don't trust the reliability of these services. Think of all the games that had an online mode and have shut down. One day a digital comic service can be declared unprofitable and anything you don't have downloaded is gone. Then you're just one harddrive crash away from all your money being wasted. Much rather have physical books. Something may happen to them, but it's less likely and I can take steps to prevent it.

>Barnes and Noble. they ALWAYS sell them for less than the list price.
Online maybe. But in-store, they will charge you full retail.

>Then you're just one harddrive crash away from all your money being wasted.
>he doesn't keep external backups

>buying trades from B&N and Amazon instead of instocktrades
ISHYGDDT

I don't support my LCS but I buy digital from comixology through this guy's digital storefront at "digital(dot)comicsconspiracy(dot)biz" because he has a neat podcast and it gives him a cut

BASED Higgins

I love how he publicly trashes Marvel on the daily.

I swear to god if he doesn't let toby and bryce do their podcast when they move i'm gonna be spicy

B&N at least has a buy two get one free sale on all DC and Marvel TPBs at the start of each year.

I really only buy individual issues if it's a series I think needs the support to survive. Plus, I like my LCS guy and I want to keep him in business.

I mostly buy trades from my LCS, but I'll get them off of Amazon if the price is significantly lower.

I buy trades and floppys because I'm fucking dumb. I'm one of those faggots who like holding things.

The Apple Music clause, if you will. I'm still pissed about the Annihilator discography.

but why

True, but their packaging is beyond terrible. I've gotten multiple books that were already dinged up by the time they arrived in the mail.

I buy floppies every now and then but honestly if I really wanted to support the company I would buy digital and that is what I do. I pirate a few issues to see if I like it and then buy a few digital to support.

Yeah i have a pull of about 10 floppies at my LCS, some of them like Batman, Superman .. come out bi weekly but I've also got books like Ragnarok, and Hellboy and BPRD 195(X), that come out....whenever.

I'm probably going to have to cull a couple titles though because the Canadian exchange rate is just brutal right now.

This.

Order from IST if you're buying trades and whatnot.

I always buy floppies. I read them, bag, then put away. Investments and whatnot.

sell em on reddit. those faggots love their digital copies.

r/comiccodes

Just bought these today. I enjoy my LCS runs. Always bound to find a gem somewhere if you're lucky or know where to search in the bins.

Those fail too. Unless you store on magnetic tape you'll outlive any digital format you use. Paper lasts longer.

I have a pull list on Things From Another World, but I refuse to support my LCS. They're fucking dicks.

I fully support my LCS. I've been going there every week for 3 years now. When you go for that long it comes with perks. One year my birthday fell on comic book day and they gave me one of the comics I was buying for free.

>When you go for that long it comes with perks. One year my birthday fell on comic book day and they gave me one of the comics I was buying for free.
Dude WOOOOAH a full $3.99 for FREE after 156 weeks?! What a deal!

It takes me like thirty seconds tops to go over to the Win-O-Thread and find the comic I'm looking for to download. And it'll be DRM-free and everything. Buying digital is just throwing money down the drain.

I get floppies, for what few books I bother to follow, from the lcs, but trades from comixology or the kindle store. My grandparents hoarded a lot of books and papers, and it was a pain in the ass to deal with after they died. That scared me into going digital.

>I refuse to support my LCS. They're fucking dicks.
explain

My LCS has been around about 35 years or so.

It's kind of a dump. Anytime I go in whoever's running the place is off chatting or gaming on the other end of the store with nobody near the register. The guy usually acts like it's an imposition that I want to buy something (and I do try to spend some money anytime I go in and not just browse and leave).

I live in a big city and in between a bunch of shops, I purposely rotate through shops so there's variety in my extremely mundane life
also I might be autistic

They're opinionated as fuck which I know comes with the territory, but they've replaced books on my pull list with books they feel are better (and more fucking expensive).
They're one of those "comic shops" with a bigger emphasis on games, and they actively push comics into the corner of the store and don't let you look at anything without buying first.
They have the balls to mark up trades and floppies from their cover price, and I'm not talking back issues.

I could go on and on.

>but they've replaced books on my pull list with books they feel are better (and more fucking expensive)
Is that even legal?

>mark up singles and trades

online shopping and pirating it is...

I buy trades. I buy singles digitally.

Some of that shit is indefensible but you really can't be a "comic shop" and stay in business anymore. You have to sell games and collectibles because that stuff has the margins you need to keep the lights on. Games especially get people into your store at predictable times for events.

Yeah at that point I'd just pirate.

My local store is small but at least the owner is pretty nice.

Yeah my local store does card games (magic, yugioh, etc) board games and comics. Has a decent selection of all three, too.

Omnis only now. I have 32 from Marvel.

My closest decent LCS (read: one that hasn't been completely overrun by Magicfags) is over an hour away from me one way.