Why were the Amazing Spiderman movies so fucking bad?

why were the Amazing Spiderman movies so fucking bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WfV-0Yv5vNY&ab_channel=IGN
youtube.com/watch?v=06AVc7YhIdw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ASM1 tried too hard to be dark and gritty
ASM2 was badly written and acted

people are finally bored of capeshit?

>SM1 and 2: Raimi allowed to make movie with minimal interference.
>SM3 - ASM2: Sony ruins everything
>BAKA: Marvel fixes it again

ASM tried way too hard to create a Cinematic Universe than a movie, it was the same problem that that shitty Mummy movie which came out recently and bomb had.

I never noticed it before but spiderman audience score is pretty weak, not a single one got close to 90%

The original Spider-Man was a great movie, but you can tell it hasn't aged well. But if you enjoy the Stan/Dikto/Romita Spidey you love the first two Raimi movies.

Wonder why the relatively low audience score in the raimi movies.

I liked the first Amazing Spider-Man, but I cannot defend the second one. It was absolute shit.

They were so concerned with setting the groundwork for sequels that they forgot to actually make an entertaining movie.

1. Aped Raimi (the crane scene trying to copy the "DON'T FUCK WITH NY" scenes are the biggest example)

2. Tried too much NOT to ape Raimi (Ben dying for chocolate milk, edgy new suit, having Harry as the first Goblin, making the Goblib's origins so contrived, darker tone for TASM1 at least, exceeded with the comedy bits without realizing they ruined some scenes, etc.)

3. Tried too hard to establish sequels and spin-offs, starting with the seemingly never-ending parents subplot

4. Rhino in marketing was literally a trick

5. Inexperienced director that may or may not have been hired for the sake of a pun

6. TASM2 literally started filming without a full script and wasted millions working on scenes that will never see the light of day because of test audiences and retarded producers

7. Weak scripts overall ("Property of Peter fucking Parker")

and one of the draw backs of BVS.

I'd argue that Spiderman 2 on the other hand has aged like the finest wine.

Who fucking listens to reviews to form a damn opinion. Those that review shit are just people who failed at actually doing what they are reviewing. God forbid someone makes their own opinion these days. Fucking sheep.

>236
>263
>249
>307
>280
>48
might've jumped the gun on one of those just a little bit

>tfw spideyfag
>want to love ASM2 so bad
goddamn, it had alot going for it. The suit was nearly perfect imo, Garfield looks amazing in his suit and delivery on his lines is great.

Him and Stone actually had genuine chemistry and her death actually felt like a gut punch compared to other cape films (MCU, DC, Fox, although I'm not shitting on those either.)

Also, other than the Spiderman 2's train scene, you can't top this.
youtube.com/watch?v=WfV-0Yv5vNY&ab_channel=IGN

It had a strong Spider-Man, but a weak Peter Parker. More importantly, they put so much focus on Oscorp being the main villain rather than any single person. This took the focus away from Spidey living his life while his superhero side constantly interferes, which is what people like the most.

Tried to make a cinematic universe without proper setup

Uncle Ben died from fucking chocolate milk. Just that sentence alone should be enough.

>Sony makes suit overdesigned to stand out
>They backtrack
>Disney makes suit overdesigned to stand out

The classic look suited Garfield and I wish they would have stuck to that

Because they were too close to the source material.

>the ASM was dark and gritty meme

Look, bitch about the movie all you want, but that complaint is just bullshit

Spiderman 3 that low? Come on, it was fun

>ASM2 was badly written and acted
This is just untrue. The chemistry between Garfield and Stone was better than any of the other Spider-Man villains and Electro suffering from parallel relationship syndrome was a fantastic touch.

Spider-Man 2 is a movie about people and characters and the struggles of those characters that happen to be Spider-Man characters.

ASM2 is the sinister six prequel movie.

They weren't.

They got "not in MCU so it sucks" memed to death.

It is arguably the best spiderman movie yet.

>edgy new suit
Your a fucking retard.
>having Harry as the first Goblin
Nothing wrong with this, Hobgoblin came first in TAS and worked fine.
>darker tone for TASM1 at least
That is a good fucking thing.

You know how Peter's big corruption moment and catalyst for the whole "great responsibility" thing in Raimi's movie was letting a robber escape because he got scammed?

In ASM, that moment is triggered because a store clerk wouldn't sell Peter a chocolate milk because he was missing like 3 cents.
Spider-Man acts like a complete prick because he wouldn't get his milk after he forgot to bring enough money.

>Your a fucking retard.
That suit screams "not your daddy's Spidey!"

>Nothing wrong with this, Hobgoblin came first in TAS and worked fine.
Sure, i guess it was part of the whole general contrived Goblin origins
>Goblin comes from the fact that Norman has a weird desease that slowly turns him in a monster before killing, which is apparently ereditary cuz Harry has it too, and Spiderman's blood would make him even worse supposedly, so Harry goes into an exo-skeleton suit that keeps him alive while he still turns into a monster... except he's still alive outside of it in prison?
It was a mess

>That is a good fucking thing.
No it wasn't. It literally didn't fit the story and clashed with the characters. Peter is on a hunt for his uncle's killer's blood... and so he stops quipping for 10 minutes about how lame being a car tief is. It was literally just about making the movie look darker for the sake of it, while in spirit it wasn't except for the small parts of the police hunting down Spidey as a criminal. Raimi managed the dark just fine without trying too hard

Sony.

They had Feige and Raimi to help them with the originals, and they even found a way to fuck that up by 3

HAHAHAHA

>edgy new suit

This. Apparent in every way. Actual comics are cancer to functioning human beings.

The mistake you're making here is thinking any Spider-Man movie was ever good.

Spider-Man 2 was fucking great and aged much better, but there were a lot of awkwardness and stupid moments. Just not a lot in the last movie.

I watched the driving test clip on Youtube, and that scene felt very Raimi to me.

Not really, since it's just as bad now as it was when I saw it in theaters.

ASM2 was not great at all, but I didn't hate it. SM3 was worse in every way. Such a bullshit garbage movie. Fuck SM3.

1st ASM was mediocre but not terrible. Suit was the worst of any Spiderflick bar none. It was weird that they tried to go the Raimi style with Peter being a dorky bullied teen... but who is also sporty and cool and likes skateboarding.

2nd movie had the Iron Man 2 problem of being more about establishing future movies than doing its own thing well. Almost everything was bad. Finally got a good suit though.

Fucking this.

The TASM movies, or at the very least TASM 1, had fans but the fucking moment 'WAAAAAH MEAN OL SONY IS KEEPING THE RIGHTS AWAY :( :(' and those fucking e-mails got out people turned on them.

>people turned on sony after emails leaked of them being colossal retards

Wow, so unfair. I hope you bought ten tickets to Ghostbusters 2016 to spite those bullies.

For all the shit he and the movie get I actually liked ASM2's take on Electro. He was a pretty tragic villain.

>It was weird that they tried to go the Raimi style with Peter being a dorky bullied teen... but who is also sporty and cool and likes skateboarding

I never got why this was a complaint. A lot of dorky guys who got bullied I knew skateboarded and were athletic. They just didn't fit in, or try to fit in. I think that fits Peter.

I honestly liked how ASM handled the out of suit stuff, it's just that the superheroism got formulaic real fast.

ASM2 is incomprehensible though, I have no idea what was going on.

Probably not a popular opinion, but I hated ASM1 way more than ASM2. With ASM1 I went in expecting a decent Spider-Man film, but I went out hating everything about it. Especially Garfield. With ASM2, my friend forced me to go and even paid for the ticked, but I already knew what to expect, so ASM2 didn't leave any long lasting impact on me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that both entries are garbage and when there were people that liked the first one I thought there was something wrong with me, but then people hated the second one for whatever reasons (which in my opinion was pretty much the same tripe garbage as the first one) and all I could do was give an indiferent "meh".

Skateboarding hasn't been a stereotypical cool guy thing since 1996.

ASM1 was literally SM1 without any of the charm or heart.
ASM2 was just a really odd jumble of things without any coherence.

The storytelling in the first is still seniscle, even if a bit cheesy.

The storytelling in 2 is bizarre. Not just in terms of making little logical sense, but little artistic sense too.

I guess. There were just things about the first one that really pissed me the fuck off. I haven't watched the movie in years, but I remember hating Peter's lack of concern for his secret identity with all of the showboating he did. That basketball scene was retarded, but it was also incredibly out of character.

youtube.com/watch?v=06AVc7YhIdw

If you for instance compare that to how Spectacular Spider-Man handled something like that (in one of the first episodes Flash is throwing water balloons at Peter and Peter dodges them until he notices that people are starting to talk about how acrobatic he is and then he intentionally gets hit), it shows just how a cartoon managed to capture Peter Parker way better than the movie.

And then there's how they handled the deah of Gwen Stacy's father. Holy shit did that piss me off. So the father of the girl that you love dies, then when she needs you the most you're nowhere to be seen because you promised her dad you'd stay away from her.

But then when enough time has passed and she pretty much got over the death of her father on her own, now all of a sudden Peter's like: "Yo gurrll, how you livin'? Let me get in those panties real quick."

Just fuck that movie and every single character in it.

Oh shut the fuck up.

Don't act like people weren't being hypocrites after those e-mails came out.

Before: Eh TASM 2 wasn't the best but whatever.
After: REEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING SONY FUCKING OVER MARVEL AND DISNEY REEEEEEEEEEE

damn...

>That basketball scene was retarded, but it was also incredibly out of character.

ASM1 was shit but to be fair, that was before Uncle Ben died and he just got his powers.

He's always been a shitstain before the costume.

The audience score for SM2 seems low as fuck wtf

>I break up with you Peter. I break up with you
Thats some great acting right there...

>ASM2 was badly written and acted
That applies to every Spider-Man movie.

In the second movie there was another scene right before they graduated, Peter did something. He was either wearing his costume in public or he did some ridiculous acrobatic feat. I can't remember, but it showed that he could give less than two shits about his secret identity. That (among plenty of other things) did not sit well with me.

>He was either wearing his costume in public
What I mean is he was wearing it in such a way that you could tell he was Peter Parker. But I can't remember the smaller details of the film. I watched it once and I honestly don't really want to remember things about it.

Spider-Man Homecoming is the newest one. Amazing Spider-Man films were a few years ago.

SONY

>That suit screams "not your daddy's Spidey!"
Making it mature & authentic looking does not make it fucking edgy.

why isnt this thread on tv?

Many autists one-starred it when asm1 came out