Marvel Relaunches Again

How do you want your Legacy senpai?

>As Bleeding Cool told you earlier in the week, the comic book retailer advocacy group ComicsPRO has been holding a Marvel conference call with editors and creators today, ostensibly to look at how the Generations one-shot comics currently on final orders will segue from Secret Empire to Marvel Legacy. But it’s also proved an opportunity for some retailers to react to Marvel over what’s been going on of late.

>World coming out is muted and restricted. But Bleeding Cool has managed to piece a few things together from various sources. Now we knew that Marvel Legacy is the new promotion and not-a-relaunch from Marvel Comics that intends to revive certain classic aspects of Marvel Comics alongside the newer versions, a little like what DC Rebirth recently attempted at DC Comics. And just as Action Comics and Detective Comics regained their classic numbering, all of Marvel’s superhero comics will also regain their classic numbering, adding up all the different relaunched volumes to create the final figure. We ran a few of them here.
>So how does everything fix together? The Generations comics may spin out of Secret Empire but will be one-offs without impacting continuity but may work as perennials to introduce the audience to certain characters.

>After Civil War, Fear Itself, Secret Invasion, Avengers Vs X-Men, Inhumans Vs X-Men and Civil War II, they are no longer going to be creating storylines with superheroes fighting each other.

>And, as part of the back and forth, Marvel representatives including Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso apparently stated that the subsequent Marvel Legacy renumbering across the range of titles is something akin to a stopgap, though that probably wasn’t the exact language used, and that there will be an actual proper relaunch to come. I would expect new issue ones across the board.

>Though Alonso was quick to insist that this is “not a reboot”. But a relaunch. Another one. Cue Brenda.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/06/29/marvels-tom-brevoort-announces-hes-quitting-twitter-will-relaunch/
bleedingcool.com/2017/02/06/marvel-comics-brings-back-listers-2018/
youtube.com/watch?v=H6-IQAdFU3w
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>they are no longer going to be creating storylines with superheroes fighting each other
>Legacy arc for X-men Gold and X-men Blue is a Blue vs. Gold crossover
>Legacy arc for Avengers and Champions is an Avengers vs. Champions crossover
Doubt.

Not exactly surprising, they've been doing yearly relaunches for like a decade, usually after a big event. This is no different.

>can't get their messaging straight for this "fan-pleasing" event
>relaunching AGAIN
Marvel comics are fucking done, even if they keep existing they'll never get anywhere unless a meteor hits one of their staff meetings.

>After Civil War, Fear Itself, Secret Invasion, Avengers Vs X-Men, Inhumans Vs X-Men and Civil War II, they are no longer going to be creating storylines with superheroes fighting each other.
what is secret empire? Captain America, Punisher, Hulk, Thor, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Mockingbird VS Iron man, Hercules, Hawkeye, Antman, Black Widow etc.

Most of the new books and storylines of legacy seem like the same shit they were doing before.

>there will be an actual proper relaunch to come. I would expect new issue ones across the board.

Captain Marvel relauched! doesn't matter when you read this comment :P

I don't care any more.
I don't care if Marvel comics turn around and blew Rebirth out of the fucking water with the greatest stories ever.
Marvel has time and time again spit right in my face and expect me to just bend my ass over and ask for its dick up my ass with lube.
This period will be the memory I associate Marvel with, every lie, every incompetence, every ounce of contempt Marvel has shown me.
I hope Marvel luck with their future endeavors. I hope you guys can enjoy whatever they come up with, good or bad.
I'm done. I refuse to give Marvel any more of my money, emotion, or attention.

>Marvel right now
Axel is such a fucking retard.

I think they rushed to Legacy too quickly and it wasn't well planned out.

For one thing, books like Duggan's GotG and Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-Man should have been saved so Marvel had more new books to showcase.
Legacy only has like four new books.

>Generations comics may spin out of Secret Empire but will be one-offs without impacting continuity but may work as perennials to introduce the audience to certain characters

Won't this confuse people? Sam Wilson has already stepped down from the Captain America mantle and gone back to Falcon.

His Generation's books is Sam when he has the Captain America mantle and meeting Past Steve.

Won't people be asking why Sam is Cap in Generations and Falcon in other books?

I don't think they're incompetence had anything to do with being rushed. Same books, same writers but now with shitty retro covers. There is nothing appealing about this.

>Won't this confuse people?

Marvel is too dumb to realize that relaunches confuse casuals, I don't know why you'd expect any better from this shit.

>Though Alonso was quick to insist that this is “not a reboot”. But a relaunch. Another one.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You honestly couldn't make this shit up. But I suppose they've gotta appear to be beating DC in the charts somehow.

this

>Characters are now more popular than they ever been
>Like 20 movies a a year with hundreds of millions of dollars in marketing showing them e every where
>Can't manage to sell 20000 comics
There is no way to save marvel, by this point comics should be movie tie ins to try and make some extra cash and nothing more

They're gonna keep relaunching Captain Marvel until you fucking bigots buy her comics.

>they are no longer going to be creating storylines with superheroes fighting each other.

I've heard that before

No we're being honest this time we swear! -Marvel

Speaking of which how are blue and gold? Been burned by too many bad x-books these last few years.

Get rid of Kamala, Miles, Riri

Revert Jane Foster, FalCap, Carol

Stop being shitty and pandering to little kids and liberals

Stop pretending Cyclops is a villain.

Stop pretending Iceman is gay.

Get rid of fucking Squirrel Girl.

Reboot the classics with a slightly modern twist.

Then I'll start buying comic books again you fucking hacks

Also get Slott off of Spider-Man. It's barely breaking 50k now.

Slott will never leave ASM.
Slott will be on ASM FORVER.

It's just that you would think they would schedule Generations better.

Marvel will never learn

Who the fuck is Brenda?

Gold started out bad but has slightly improved. Blue started out okay but has gradually gone downhill. Neither are really worth checking out except for the story times that get posted here

Soon there'll be more Captain Marvel #1's then issues in her longest run.

Fuck looks like this is actually true. The fucking retards really are going to do back to back relaunches.

even if she relaunched every year that's 40+ years out.

Based Marvel.

Surely you jest

Brevoort is quitting twitter
bleedingcool.com/2017/06/29/marvels-tom-brevoort-announces-hes-quitting-twitter-will-relaunch/

I feel the same. They can pull a Cosmic Cube act and reset everything to pre-Civil War status I still won't care. Too much damage has been done that I don't trust them anymore, nor do I like the people in charge of Marvel.

SORRY YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT

Like Joss? Can't wait for him to return in time for Twitter's All-New All-Shit relaunch.

>Capn Cummings of all people ran Brevoort off twitter

kek

based

It is amazing how little Marvel Comics treats retailers

Thanks for saving me money user.

What is that old saying about Over-Infation and that in the end the comic won't be worth the ink that was used on it?

BC already claimed Marvel is trying to line up some actual talent for 2018 and create the comics months in advance so they will be able to get the comics out on time.

>Well, I am reliably informed that Marvel is planning ahead of a charge. Taking time to line up big-name talent, new and old, across the board for a series of big name titles in 2018, to be created well in advance to avoid the shipping issues that can often affect such in-demand creators.

bleedingcool.com/2017/02/06/marvel-comics-brings-back-listers-2018/

Whether they've got anyone good or not, obviously they'll be under pressure in 2018 to improve the Avengers line with the movie coming out. Until then they're going to do the same shit and pray that 2018 will save them.

Unfortunately the same shit they were doing turned out to be so toxic that they had to slap increasingly ridiculous labels on the same shit to pretend they were changing something. It might have worked a year ago but now even the comics "media" isn't sucking up to Marvel quite as much.

Free yourself from corporate owned capeshit like this man, and you too can enjoy comics again.

i could be wrong, but based on how this is going so far i feel like a lot of the talent they tried to line up for next year turned them down.

I hope they get Palmiotti and Conner, just for the hilairy of it

Okay just because I want them gone off Harley

I don't see them changing the current batch of writers. Bendis will still write 3 books, Slott will never go away and the tumblr writers will screech all day that Marvel fired them. I hope that happens because they deserve all the scorn.

I don't know who they could even get that would impress retailers.

Allan Heinberg maybe, considering the success of Wonder Woman and that he still works for Disney, but even if you gave him a year's lead time he'd never be able to write a monthly comic.

can't confirm it, but rumors were they were trying to get Hickman, Remender, Fraction, etc. back on board. basically all the main Marvel writers from about 4-6 years ago. it's going to take a lot of money to get some of those guys back though. they're mostly interested in doing their own indie stuff these days

That article's from February. By all appearances, they've gotten nobody but Priest. And he's just back because Deathstroke moved to a monthly format and he historically prefers Marvel characters. Also:

>Marvel does have Brian Bendis and Dan Slott to themselves, Ta-Nehisi Coates has provided a big “get” and there is much hope for Al Ewing

LEL

>Remender
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, They may as well try to get Morrison back while they are at it

Nothing is going to fucking change, I keep telling you all, Marvel is still going to shit on their appealing characters like She-Hulk, Black Cat, Emma Frost, and any female character that has shown even the littlest of sexual appeal, because "Muh Patriarchy". If I had it my way, EVERYONE is getting fired and I would move all the creative offices to Japan, it's pretty evident that American comics are meandering, while Japan knows how to make better American Comics than Americans, not trying to sound like a weeb.

>cue brenda
this is the vide, it's a commentary on Marvel comics.

youtube.com/watch?v=H6-IQAdFU3w

Newfag here, how hard did they burn those bridges?

they fucked over his plans for the X men if i remember correctly, he wanted to do a Planet X storyline

Sure thing weeb

I really do like that image. Some work went into making that background poster fit

Fuck off retard

He also said in a follow up tweet, "The call is coming from inside the house. Again."

Does that mean BC has been getting this info from people inside Marvel?

>Coates's two spin-off books bomb, Black Panther sales tank
>Ewing has never moved the needle in his life, Ewingfags are in massive denial about Ultimates 2's cancellation
Well, Rich is a rumor-monger, not a talent-assessor.

>Get rid of fucking Squirrel Girl
You know, I don't even mind Squirrel Girl. Yeah it's lame but it doesn't cause problems.

It doesn't take up any good artists or writers from other books.
It doesn't interact with any other books.
It's not wasting a good character.

Really, it has zero impact on the rest of Marvel. It's practically non-canon, since no one seems to take mind of anything that happens there. It's just it's own little self-contained thing. I recognize it's terrible, but I don't know why you'd get into a fuss over it. There are far worse crimes, like 90% of things by Bendis and that America book

Not if it continues to dip in sales. Marvel will drop him like a bad habit.

Slott is a ticking time bomb

He can dish it out but can't take it huh?

It's Marvel top actual ongoing, non-event, non-#1, non-Star Wars book

Sam is becoming Captain America again, once Steve is killed off in SE.

I like it too. It's OC shitposting that you don't see as much around here anymore.

No, they're launching a Falcon Solo starting Sam

Maybe they'll take Claremont off retainer and make him work.

See Sam is returning to Falcon (with a shittier costume).

Making his Generations issue pointless.

Would he even want to write anything but X-related stuff?

Rumor has it the indie market isn't as amazing as they had hoped.

Yeah, having cute books aimed at the Scholastic market hurts nobody unless they insist on reading books whose art/writing styles they don't like.

Marvel's problem is that except forAmazing Spider-Man and a few other things they've been short on standard traditional superhero books.

Part of that is the talent drain and part of it is bad editorial decisions, but the result is that a guy like Ewing could build a fan following just by doing comics that are sort-of-traditional Marvel superhero and have some sense of continuity and history. That shouldn't be so hard to find at a superhero comic company, but Marvel got into a period where almost every superhero book was ashamed of being a superhero book.

You know, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Claremont turned loose again on the many non-X-women he used to write before he was X-clusive.

Putting him back on Carol Danvers, a character he more or less owned for a long time, might be terrible but it couldn't be worse than what we've gotten.

Spider woman, captain marvel, Excalibur. I think he did some Danny Rand too

gold is very boring and very safe, nostalgiafest with kitty pryde as leader and main character, and emphasis on how awesome she is.

Blue is good, except for the last issue which was filler with bad art, but apart from that it has been a generally good book.

Weapon x is a good X Force style book crossing over with the Hulk as of now.
Cable has been bad, just time traveling, beating random people in different ages, searching for Stryfe.
I like Generation X but it is a minority opinion. Very divisive art, and characters drawn as average flawed people with panels using very unusual angles.

Alright, that fag's ok in my book now.

>You know, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Claremont turned loose again on the many non-X-women he used to write before he was X-clusive.
Okay, I'd buy that.
Have him "fix" Spider-Woman and Carol.
I say "fix" because like you said, it couldn't be worse than what we currently got.

I also kind of like Jean Grey because it's shaping up to be a team-up book disguised as an ongoing.

I wouldn't have thought the O5 would be the best part of an X-Men launch.

If he writes Carol, he's gotta make this shit canon.

He wrote MTU and Two in One as well. 70's marvel was way cooler, though.

I think about the only thing that could get me back for certain is a Shang Chi book written by Doug Moench.

Fuck, that's awful. It's giving me New 52 Tim Drake vibes.

I forgot about that book but yes, I like it too.
I am worried about the issue in which Jean will meet Emma, because Hopeless kinda hates Emma, or at least, he was the only one faithful to the idea that Emma made people believe Cyclops did something as bad as what Hitler did.

In the Bendis run Emma and Jean were friends, and even in Morrisons run they werent enemies, Jean resurrected Emma broken into pieces.

They hijacked Remender's uncanny avengers story and turned it into the shitty event axis and they retconned Morrison's X-Men immediately after he left the title.

But I was told on CBR that Gold isn't nostalgic at all but pushing brand new ideas!!!!!

That sells half of what DC's top non-event book does.

Why is he wearing new wasps suit?

I doubt Disney would let him fuck up their movie IP.

it's pretty much fanfic aping the claremont years. also, they're pulling a captain marvel with Kitty's appearance by gradually making her more and more butch

>Marvel Legacy renumbering across the range of titles is something akin to a stopgap, though that probably wasn’t the exact language used, and that there will be an actual proper relaunch to come. I would expect new issue ones across the board.

They haven't even launched the re-numbering to classic numbers, and they're already talking about the next line of #1's that will follow directly after it???

Good, make it happen.

WW just had a movie where she joked about fucking girls while being bisexual (or whatever) canonically in comics too and no one cares. No real reason to think it would matter.

And of course they likely wouldn't care given that they allowed character assassination like CW2 to be published.

I don't GET why Marvel are so detached from reality. Why they've BEEN like this for the last 10 years. I really fucking don't.

>Antagonize, deliberately more often than not, their core fan base
>Refuse to settle storylines and just abruptly end them for some "big new" that they think is going to be a hit
>Replacing established characters without giving them a proper send-off, instead just shoe-horning in their characters
>Trying to be politically relevant for some bloody reason
>Refuses to answer the retailers worries on their sales/distribution
>Has some sort of weird fixation with relaunching when everyone knows that's not how numbering works.

"House of M", I blame YOU for starting this shit-spiral.

The turnaround on this is hilarious. How long will they use the legacy numbering then if they're already talking about it? A year? Not even a year?

But I thought it was hip to be gay, wouldn't it boost sales and bring prestige to the characters?
Wait, do you hate gays? Off to jail with you.

>Not even a year?

Go back all the way to Avengers Disassembled, that's when Bendis took control of Marvel.

I loved the concept of the Avengers becoming all A-list solo-book heroes a la the Justice League, but I'm willing to admit it helped start the problem that spiraled into today's Marvel.

>Bendis took control of Marvel.

Didn't that happen around the time that Whedon's Astonishing X-Men started?
That whole period was when Marvel started to turn to shit.