Storytime: Edge of Venom Verse #1

So, I couldn't help but notice everyone forgot to storytime this yesterday, well today we fix that. Get yourself a drink and a snack, kick back, relax and get ready. This is Edge of the Venom Verse #1!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_e9Gi88txtY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I told you to get some snacks, Laura has fries, what do you got?

Nice to see some disposable security guards with a little back bone

Are these AU?

>are these AU?
Yep, kind of like Spider Verse, only I expect this to be better.

>EDGE is literally in the title

I'm ready
this is where I'd post Frank "on the edge", but storytime.

Oh no, a group of interracial homeless kids! Don't let Sup Forums know, they'll shit up the thread

oh hush. I'm much rather headbutt the Yo-Landi Visser clone to death than worry about the the darker skinned children.

I appreciate your attention of storytime etiquette user, thank you

Ow the edge

it'd difficult, what with it being half our language. But I will manage. It's like an Italian with two broken arms. Sure, they can speak, but can they talk?

Hey look, it's Zebra! Nice to see the X-23 team is refusing to let him get retconned away

To be fair, it's a reference to "Edge of Spider-Verse".

Remember when all blood that was in Marvel comics was colored black, like oil? I'm glad they stopped that shit.

Symbiote hoods always make me smile

On phone, someone post the claymation video for this book!

This art is certainly something

>AWOO
What did Matthew Rosenberg mean by this?

I feel like that last panel could be seen as problematic

youtu.be/_e9Gi88txtY

Why is the girl from Die Antwood here?

Doggo alarms
I like it, but I expect it to switch up when we get to the next universe

What flavor do you think Spidey Ice Cream is?

>forgot to storytime
>no one gives a shit

ftfy

It's the entire NYX cast bar the teacher.

I don't know which girl that is, but this blonde's hot factor just shot through the roof

Lol it's yolandi from Die Antword

I dunno user, I think ice got at least half a dozen readers right now. They care, might not be much, but hey it something. Thanks for the bump all the same

That blondie also exists in 616. Or at least used to. Was X-23's first friend.

>at least half a dozen readers right now
Nope, full dozen

I really like Laura's symbiote design, something about the hair and the yellow and the animal like skull when you see a profile shot of her just works for me
Now that you guys mention it I see it, can't believe I missed that, but it's been a long time since I read NYX

Brutal

>Now that you guys mention it I see it, can't believe I missed that, but it's been a long time since I read NYX
Was pretty easy since she said her name was Kiden. Not a lot of Kiden's out there. And Bobby and Tatiana look pretty much the same as in NYX.

Like i said, it's been a long time

Yeah. She looked better in the original that's for sure.
Still in a way it's nice to see that they still remember them. You'd think they would have pulled them out in Laura's ongoing.

I hope no one was getting attached to these kids, because I don't think we'll be seeing them again for a very long time.

And this brings us to a close of issue 1 of Edge of the Venom Verse.

Read this yesterday. Not the biggest Venom fan, but this first issue intrigued me.

So are they gonna introduce Gwenom this way too?
Or are they going for a twit and it's MJnom?

And the cover of the next issue was well as a check list, seems like this story is going to be ending around my birthday. Well, thank you user for reading, and now that the story time is done let's post symbiotes and OC reaction images and discuss things that we liked or did not like from the issue while also laying out our hopes and fears for the upcoming issues.

>looks younger than 10

>two months later, huge rack, looks around 14

>weeks later, tits and ass are both bigger and she looks close to 17

???

I mean Kiden should still be a time stopping mutant, it shouldn't be hard for them to escape

Her powers only affected her though, so everyone else would be frozen.

>tits and ass are both bigger and she looks close to 17
Not really after the first growth spurt her boobs seem about the same size the rest of the way through. They just get emphasized in the venom scenes.

It would be smart seeing as how Spider-Gwen was first introduced via Spider-Verse. As for MJnom, I'm hoping she gets pulled out of Renew Your Vows to join in the symbiote war, and that will give Peter and Annie a few issues of Father / Daughter hijinks. Going off of that checklist though, I don't think we're getting any kind of tie in books, even with Venom itself which is kind of odd. Nice, but odd.
Secondary mutation

Best Laura book we've had in a while, If it has to be saddled with Logan synergy then so be it.

>MJnom
>Not VenoMJ
seriously you guys?

You have pretty low standards for "huge" rack.
What are you talking about? Her normal book is great, and one of the better things Marvel is doing

Yeah, I'm sorry sempai, I dropped the ball there, VenoMJ it is and shall forever be. Still hoping Anti Venom Emma actually shows up

Eh, I wouldn't say great, it's enjoyable, it's it's a far cry from great

So, what are the chances that Andi Mania gets killed at some point? I don't want it to happen, but I want us to be prepared for the worst.

This is not muh Laura.

Personally, I don't mind that Laura evolved past broken killing machine, but at the same time I wish that Taylor wrote her a little better in her ongoing.

Do you think we'll see Scorn in Venom Verse? If the Poisons are smart they'd snatched her up quick, she's a walking anti symbiote weapon designer.

The angel/Laura thing is the only bad thing about it. She's actually evolving as a character which is great.
I'm pretty sure there's only going to be Venoms in this, but I'm planning to ask Bunn if any other symbiotes will show up.

Technically speaking, Mania is a Venom, so there is a good chance of her showing up I'd think.

I didn't want her to evolve into a quipster.

Poor Mania

>quipster
I don't believe she's become a quipster, other wise she'd say stuff like "Hang on while I SCLICE through these guards." "OHH that's gotta CUT DEEP!" "That looks like it could give you a SPLITTING headache" but then, maybe my idea of a quipster differs from you own. Can you provide us examples of her quippery in action, at least 5 examples should be enough.

Checked em

Mania actually did show up in the 150 issue of Venom, though it was only for a few pages, and Jack is slated to come back in an upcoming issue of either Venom or Venom Verse

I dropped it early on so I can't provide five examples, but this is quipping.

It's great, but it's not Laura.

You don't just become normal after what Laura went through. That's her entire point.

Avenver Academy madea great show of how Laura saw things differently than others

This seems like a very poor example, but all the same I appreciate you actually taking the time to present it as evidence for your argument. Unfortunately, I do not agree, a small one liner here and there is fine by me, she's not cracking jokes ever other line like Deadpool or Spidey so I wouldn't label her as a quipster.

But hey, opinions and all that, right?

>and Jack is slated to come back in an upcoming issue of either Venom or Venom Verse

And he's always showing up in background and crowd shots anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, if it sounds like a line that would come from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it's quipping. It's not Laura's voice at all. In another book, Hopeless justified it by saying she's making a conscious effort to pretend to be a normal person.

Eventually she learned how to take other people with her.

And she could pretty much do exactly what Quicksilver did in DOFP while time was stopped and take out all of the soldiers before anyone realized what happened.

Someone didn't read NYX. Story time already a fail.

Naw, I read it a few years back, just didn't recognize the kids until they were pointed out to me

not insterested until they show up

Bump