This utterly irredeemable scumbag character has a sad backstory, so you should feel sympathy for them

>this utterly irredeemable scumbag character has a sad backstory, so you should feel sympathy for them

No, that's not how that works. Steven Universe does the exact same thing with Lars. I do not, nor will I ever feel sympathy for inherently bad people.

How is Helga irredeemable other than the fact that she is white?

unibrow

>Helga
>irredeemable
>inherently bad
Confirmed for never actually watching the show.

As for Lars, up until the Homeworld arc I mostly saw him as like Eustace from Courage the Cowardly Dog. He's a jerk, but we understand why he's a jerk.

>Lars
>Sad backstory
Nigger have you even watched Steven Universe?

Helga was cool dude.

>I do not, nor will I ever feel sympathy for inherently bad people.
Projecting much?

>small child from terrible home has emotional problems
>irredeemable and inherently bad
Seems like it's you who might be a bad person.

>scumbag apologist

Seems like you're undoubtedly pad person.

*a bad person

>No, that's not how that works. Steven Universe does the exact same thing with Lars. I do not, nor will I ever feel sympathy for inherently bad people.

Reeks of Tumblr.

What did Lars even do wrong? He is just an anti-social idiot, but he isn't a complete chaotic asshole like Sadie or any of the gems.

she's fuckin' ten. her dad is a shit.

>dude her parents are shit
>even though they pay hundreds or possibly thousands of dollars an hour to send her to a Psychiatrist

>20yo and has is stuck in a deadend job at fast-food, being hated by all the other teens and fucking the town's fattie.

Seems pretty sad to me user.

>Helga goes to a school psychologist once
>her parents pay hundreds or possibly thousands of dollars an hour

Why do you think she needed a psychiatrist in the first place?

>Lars and Helga irredeemable
If you think those two are irredeemable then you have problems.
Also, lars doest have a sad backstory mr "ive never seen steven universe i only know what Sup Forums tells me"

Man what kind of shit life did you have to think Helga and Lars of all people are irredeemable?

I'm pretty sure her parents didn't send her.

Lars is alright. He wasn't inherently bad. He was just an angsty teenager. He seems to have cool down after facing actual danger. I mean I get your sentiment, but neither Helga or Lars fits the mold. Maybe someone like Damien Wayne or something, as he's an actual killer and all.

>so you should feel sympathy for them
Depends on the back story and if it's being played that way. SU also subverted that with Kevin.

Even still, Helga was a kid. Kids're allowed to be dipshits until they hit the teen years. Or do you not understand how adolesence works?

Lars is male, so he can get cut down for getting out of line. But Helga? She's a twat so she's destined to be happy with Arnold even though she doesn't deserve him. I cannot believe that horrible episode with Helga harassing Arnold saying:

"Whatever number of hours until you DIE!!!"

Even when young, I thought she was very annoying precisely because of this scene. Other nasty shit she did like firing her nanny and ensuring no one would hire her due to Helga ruining her reputation is just disgusting. I don't care if Helga is a kid, lord knows she doesn't act like a child (more like a damn unruly teenager).

Helga is a child from a shitty situation.Lars is an adult or nearly an adult with loving parents who decides his insecurity makes it okay for him to treat other people, including a child, like shit. The two characters are so far away from each other that comparison is laughable.

It's also not as if Helga doesn't ever get hers and her behavior is never portrayed as good.

Except everything is invalidated because the creator of Hey Arnold said that Helga WILL get her happy ending with Arnold years ago. Cancellation got in the way, but the problem is that she doesn't deserve Arnold. The moral of the damn show is:

"Girls be the Queen of the Cunts and decent upstanding boys will love you despite YEARS of abuse you inflicted on them."

I guess the creator of Hey Arnold is a literal Beta Faggot Male. Sad really, I hate cancellation, but in this case? I approved of a show ended up unfinished to prevent such cancerous shit.

What is it with beta loser males who fantasize about hooking up with messed up and mentally damaged women? It's one of the reasons Kid Flash/Jinx in Teen Titans also didn't sat well with me, bitch is a criminal. Granted it didn't help Kid Flash was a white knight faggot douche who was willing to send underaged boys to prison but wanted to save their token girl because he wanted to plow her even after she tortured him near the end.

We really need more episodes of "bad girls" seriously hurting or killing Good Boys so that a powerful lesson is taken from the plot. Do not bother with bitches/cunts. Do not help them, do not enable them. Do not be the sacrificial sheep in the form of a Nice Guy.

Helga's like 11 years old (an 11 year old brat, but still) and Lars is on the path to trying to self-improve.

You're not supposed to feel sorry for them; they're supposed to feel human. Most humans are jerks, sometimes they try to get better, most of the time they never do. It's a story and not everyone is the paragon.

Who hurt you, user?

>utterly irredeemable scumbag

I don't remember he being that bad.
She was just a kid with anger issues, sort of a bully, mostly sad and incredibly tsundere.

I think the general idea is that Helga actually does have the makings of a good person and she'll turn herself around and fix her behavior. Because as I said, she's a child from a shitty situation. She has growing up to do.

You sound really mad for some reason. Does this hit too close to home for you somehow? People feel sympathy for kids. Nobody feels sympathy for shitty young adults. That's just how it is.

>pad person