Fights in Animation

Post some good Sup Forums related fights. Let's also discuss the problem with fights in US animation nowadays.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6dPBkEec-88
youtube.com/watch?v=fW7_qf2pNbc
youtube.com/watch?v=1kPiNzicKqk
youtube.com/watch?v=6BJ1-trrgqc
youtube.com/watch?v=_YEP6EAkLDk
youtube.com/watch?v=YNMJe83VxdY
youtube.com/watch?v=EHA3opXjcd0
youtube.com/watch?v=MRsRlynQevA
youtube.com/watch?v=WcAOYxccpE0
youtube.com/watch?v=EbINsrfshyw
youtube.com/watch?v=OcXaicGvcvA
youtube.com/watch?v=5N77tmqmMpA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bu5lymyoca0
youtube.com/watch?v=WAPgBqW1bVU
youtube.com/watch?v=yyiDDQYPUIs
youtu.be/-hLjX5pZv48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

korra.webm

>Let's also discuss the problem with fights in US animation nowadays.

That it's almost nonexistent? Action cartoons are pretty dead right now

The best fight animation ive seen this decade is from Wakfu. I think the best one US could deliver was Garnetx Jasper in US and its meh.

Tron uprising and Motorcity had some great animation

Unfortunately both were airing right around the time WebMs were just becoming popular, so I only have gifs from them

Samurai jack S05. people might hate how it ended, but the fight scenes were superb

the problem with current fights in US animation nowadays is the lack of storyboarders who know about choreography and can draw every frame of movement in the fight.
And even with that said, currently the only action show is that JLA one (i guess) but i don't know about that one.
Even something like steven universe the fights are only once a million due to the show being more about loving yourself than punching evil lesbians. There is no real action cartoon right now.

Hell, even the new samurai jack season didn't have as many fight scenes as the previous ones. The only real fights where with the daughters of Aku and Scaramouche. The fights with the tigers and trolls were way too fast and the one with Ashiis mom was rushed.

Action cartoons are dead in the United States partially because animators don't know how to balance out fight scenes with character driven narratives, and because it's cheaper to dub battle shonen than to invest in an action cartoon.

To be fair, Jack tended towards less-is-more in its fight scenes. A lot of dramatic pauses and stills. A lot of one-hit kills or half the "attack" animation being hidden by a flashing sword slash effect. A lot of big clunky robot enemies that don't really move much while Jack is fighting them. Censorship was probably a bitch too. I would go so far as to say that most Jack episodes did not have good fight scenes.

Does this count? Please excuse the potato quality

Castlevania soon, friend

Not to mention, whenever the Steven Universe crew attempts a fight scene, it usually comes out floaty and poorly timed. The only exception to that rule I can think of off top of my head is the one Takafumi Hori did guest storyboarding/layout for.

Don't forget symbionic titan.

Some of the non-giant robot fights were pretty damn good.

How did they get away with this

Symbionic Titan had great fight scenes. Mecha, hand to hand, sword fighting. It had it all.

Say what you want about Korra, but the fights were great too. Especially Korra vs Kuvira.

Kid pageants weren't so taboo back in the 90's.

here's my theories why:
>they have small budgets and flash animation
>the censors won't allow it
>fights are held back with not much punching against opponets
>like this user said most shows this decade are comidies including the so called action shows

OP here. I've been looking at all these replies and I have to ask: why is everything so censored nowadays? There are hardly any action cartoons. What's up with that? Most of the 'comedies' aren't even that funny.

Executive Producer Steven Spielberg, plus it was the early 90's.

>Post some good Sup Forums related fights.
youtube.com/watch?v=6dPBkEec-88
youtube.com/watch?v=fW7_qf2pNbc
youtube.com/watch?v=1kPiNzicKqk

youtube.com/watch?v=6BJ1-trrgqc

All my favorite web animation is just pure action scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=_YEP6EAkLDk
youtube.com/watch?v=YNMJe83VxdY
youtube.com/watch?v=EHA3opXjcd0

youtube.com/watch?v=MRsRlynQevA
youtube.com/watch?v=WcAOYxccpE0
youtube.com/watch?v=EbINsrfshyw

Things aren't that censored. It's just some stupid meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=OcXaicGvcvA

Does 3D/cg stuff count? Clone wars had some pretty great stuff

Damn he's a big guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=5N77tmqmMpA

youtube.com/watch?v=Bu5lymyoca0

My nigga. The Clone Wars had great fights all around. Shame it's so underrated on Sup Forums cuz of all the prequel haters and Genndyfags.
youtube.com/watch?v=WAPgBqW1bVU
youtube.com/watch?v=yyiDDQYPUIs

As downright awful as this show could be, scenes where the enemies fought back were pretty decent. This was probably the last good fight of the series

youtu.be/-hLjX5pZv48

Anyone have the fight of Azula vs Zuko vs Aang in the abandoned village? With the well? That one was amazing.

Go back to Sup Forums

It'd be cooler if it wasn't an animated Hollywood fight. The reason they always look like shit is because those incompetent actors are going to fuck something up so they need to plot fights where they're safe even as they perform.

Jesus, you can really slap and grind bodies together properly in an animated environment. Watch some actual fighters fight and mix in your imagination how creatures so agile and strong as those bitches would change/enhance what you've seen.

Suck LESS.

>Watch some actual fighters fight
All boxing, MMA and street fights I've seen were extremely boring. Even professional wrestling is more entertaining than real fights.

Exactly

Look up Anderson Silva scrub

My whole beef with this season could be summed up as "stop throwing tiny projectile streams, that clearly doesn't work".