Need an Artist

I'm working on a story (not giving any details here because I don't want to get jacked obviously) but there's a problem... I can't draw. So I am looking for an artist, one that can pull off a mix of Japanese and Western art style (kinda like Vinland Saga).

It's a medieval fantasy that deals with politics, war, drama, genocide, romance, etc. That's pretty much the surface, way more lore and shit I won't get into here.

Anyone interested?

commission someone or learn how to draw, no one will do your shitty story for free

Why are you angry, man? If you have the intention of being narrowminded, then just ignore the thread and spare us (me) your whining.

I really, really hope this is just a cheeky bait thread.

Show dem dead presidents or kill yourself

would I have total creative control over my work and retain at least 50% ownership of the final product?

Sure bro sounds awesome how do I contact you to hear the epic scoop, btw here's my totally awesome art.

Already posted this on Reddit, Tumblr and some other places. Sup Forums was more of a back up in case some serious user actually had what I needed. I fully expected most people to behave like you two.

>my work
First you have to actually like the story enough to have a passion to draw it. If you want to change things, then that's an automatic red flag and I won't bother with you. You're getting paid (not giving any figures here) for drawing something you like.

Your art doesn't fit what I have in mind.

No bro you don't understand, I have tons of variety, I can totally do western anime I'm fucking epic at drawing.

Here's a hot new sketch just 4 u.

>Refusing to collaborate on the writing in a collaboration, where you will doubtless demand that the artist yield to your demands anyway.
>Refusing to give the artist a percentage or tell them how much you intend to pay up front.
>"I solicited artists on reddit, tumblr and Sup Forums! Why am I not getting replies?!"

I know people actually do this shit, but you compiled a good parody. 8/10.

>he's serious

why would you be so averse to creative collaboration? What if I've got some great fresh ideas that could take the project to a higher level?

No way, it's too perfect to be serious. He'd have already flipped his shit like a manchild if it was an actual retard trying to scam amateurs.

Nice attitude. You sure know the key to success.

Fucking entitled millennials. Good luck getting some un paid asshole to do all the work.

Just because of your cheeky behaviour here I know you're gonna be a pain in the ass to deal with
I won't take your offer.

First step to making a good comic is collaboration

Unless you can draw but you can't so

Are you Bob Kane, come back from the dead to Jew more men into a quiet unloved death?
Fuck you man

I'll make you a star, kid! A star!
Just draw this issue of Batman!

I would be an employee of an established company I guess and just mindlessly draw whatever they say but not for some nobody... I I work with a nobody it would be because we are doing something creative and fun for us both. meaning I have a say in in the final outcome and I don't work for you we work together.

>Your art doesn't fit what I have in mind.
Beggars can't be choosers

As a tip from fellow drawfag that has worked with some few writers, don't work with a guy like this. He's most likely gonna drop you mid way into the project and unpaid.
Besides, comic making is one of the most underpaid and hard works of the art community.

Your art is awesome user. Don't listen to OP, he's a faggot.

I am getting plenty replies (on all the media I this posted on). I don't think you understand how a artist/writer collaboration is suppose to be. I want the artist to be like a friend to me and to be a fan of my story and want to see it prosper. That will show his loyalty to my work and I will pay him/her tenfold for that loyalty, even listen to their ideas and implement them. I will automatically dismiss anyone who is only in for money and not passion. They will leave you to work with someone else if the money happens to be better.

I am.

Then I would enjoy your company even more. I love being fetched ideas that I haven't thought of, it's always great to hear another opinion. The guy I responded to talked in a very dangerous and possessive tone. You can't work with people like that.

I don't think you understand how a writer/artist collab works. both parts have equal say in the project and work together to make it awesome. the artist is not your fan-boy and you don't pay him you just split up the profits as they come in. the artist has equal say in EVERYTHING. how the product is marketed how it looks all of it.

I'm mocking him by posting old, wobbly, low quality doodles.
Thanks for the compliment, though.

>Implying your idea is even good to begin with

Are you even gonna pay?

here is the thing buddy
an artist can make a comic without being able to write
you cant make a comic without an artist
do you think people prctice for years to become an artist just so they can work for you for free?
you would be lucky if someone was willing to draw you some stick men

honestly 50/50?
how long does it take to write a page vs drawing it?
i mean there sure are tons of poor artists but triple the number at least for poor writers

Your doodles are actually pretty good

Basically this, I learned how to draw just to make my comic

>I want the artist to be like a friend to me and to be a fan of my story and want to see it prosper. That will show his loyalty to my work and I will pay him/her tenfold for that loyalty, even listen to their ideas and implement them.

I played this game before, except I was just the "editor" and didn't get paid.
People like this don't cooperate. They leech ideas and manhours but refuse to compromise.

That's true. And that's exactly why the talent AND CHARACTER of that person is important. To enter a collaborative agreement with someone who doesn't like your work is a red flag.

How the fuck is someone supposed to be a fan of your work when your too fucken scared to share your idea with anyone?

I'm not trying to insult you when I say this but I doubt your idea would be stolen.

>Sup Forums is literally in favor of the artists

This is a mircale

industry standard is about a page a day for pro's for a non pro it would probably take 2-3 days for each page. that is A LOT of work to help somebody else achieve thier dream when you have no say in it. so, yea 50/50 or no go. unless you're A pro with a publishing company in which case you'd probably have an editorial staff helping you so none of this would be an issue...

We've always been like this, fuck off you attentionwhore.

its obviously a quick sketch right?
i mean its not far off, if you have a tablet load it on photoshop and keep working on it you pretty much nailed the proportions and everything except rouges face
remember to draw some lines across the face to know where the eyes and everything goes, look up loomis

OK

i meant artists should get more since they do most of the work
im pretty sure 50/50 is stanrad anywhere

If I don't get any editorial control or percentage of the the profits I'd take 200 USD per page 500 USD for covers pencils only.

Not to be an ass, but the 2D, placeholder face isn't a perspective error. It's shorthand while sketching. The other stuff needs way more focus, like hands.

>quick sketch, right
I never drew either of them before, so I spent over half an hour cross referencing images of Omega. He's deceptively difficult to get a good feel for.

Trust me, it would be.

As someone who wrote a comprehensive story at only 6 years old... I have extreme confidence in my ability as writer.

You're underestimating the stress and importance of writers. To create a world and characters, it's lore and the countless plotlines in the future. It's no simple feat. It takes a lot of brain storming and planning. Especially if you're seriously creating a quality project.

I'm an artist who has had writing published.
Being an artist takes more work.

Also, I would be willing to consider working with you if I could get some details about the story.

if you really want to create a quality product you should get a professional editor.

>Using the shittiest example that could pop up to mind

I don't critic your ability as potential writer I critici your ability to socially communicate ideas and actually give a convincing argument,
You're just an airhead writer that feels is the great shit just because he wants to create a plotline and a world with characters (Which is the exact shit that all writers do). If you're so good as a writer, write a book instead. No need to drag an underpaid artist to your failure.

>As someone who wrote a comprehensive story at only 6 years old... I have extreme confidence in my ability as writer.

Okay I get it you actually have autism.

Do you have any concept art to show off or the style you're aiming for?

You want people to be a fan of a story they aren't even able to see?
You are a retard

Well I can't vouch for the character since I'm not into Sonic and other than the face my only other problem is that rouge is standing on air Wich could be intentional for all I know
Sometimes sketching fast like not giving a shit if it's good or orderly or anything more than a mess of lines ends up being better, that's what a sketch is for since you can fix everything
Give it a try, just shut off your brain and try to be as fast as you can, try to make a fee in quick succession, at the very least it will remove some tension and get you in the mood for drawing

tripfag get out

Hey, OP, I wouldn't put any weight on what trippy here has to say.
Dude's work is shit, so once they caught hard feelings about it, they took to shitposting hard, and being uppity about it.

I don't understand your comment but if it is about my work being shit I'm pretty self aware of it. But still I sell it and put the bread on the table so it's okay for me.