What's Sup Forums's consensus on Courage the Cowardly Dog?

What's Sup Forums's consensus on Courage the Cowardly Dog?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1mCeZayVKbwYI5Fz-fVUg9UaZXZGDI5RoyyeHNYVLQnk/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=oL4hcM61Nw4
youtube.com/watch?v=N_Tex2AN3rI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the one Cartoon Cartoon I've never heard a single complaint against.

Its literal cartoon kino

Best CN show that somehow avoided getting ruined by shitty later seasons like Dexter or Johnny Bravo.

That one episode of Courage's backstory changed my life and got me into cartoons.

one of the best cartoon network shows

The best cartoon network show of all time.

Seems almost genre defining, though I don't really know if anything there's been anything like it since

Seems almost genre defining, though I don't really know if there's been anything like it since

Overrated, but pleasant. Gives off oldskool cartoon vibes.

It didn't really define any genre, it seemed mostly focused on horror in a creative way.

Unique main characters. It can be as funny as it was disturbing.

I love the show as a kid. I knew it has a very episodic formula, but it's kinda like a game of Arkham Horror (not that I have played it)

At least 9/10
Maybe 10/10
I would post where it relates to other cartoons but I don't want to start the shitposting.

I meant in the sense that there's nothing like it, or at least not that I've seen.

If I remember correctly when there was a vote held on Sup Forums's favorite cartoons it was one of the top cartoons. It's pretty great though, mixed horror in well with a children's cartoon and had an artstyle that was perfect for such a thing. It also had a number of really great episodes, which was everything from the sad episodes to the funny episodes to the creepy episodes. I don't think I've ever met a person who watched it from their childhood who it didn't get a strong emotional reaction from, whether it be from something that scared them to something that made them cry. I guess i'm making it seem like I'm overrating the show, but it was and still is pretty great.

Have all seasons been released?

yfw this scene

On DVD, yes.

It's 4am. Fuck you

That and Large Marge from Pee Wee's Big Adventure fucking terrified me.

classic

Thanks.

It is one of the top contender's for best show CN ever made.

How the fuck did spongebob beat the Teen Titans?

Because Teen Titans was overrated knock-off anime garbage and Spongebob was good

>Spongebob
>good
Spongebob was pretty good before the movie came out. But now it's literal shit.
The Teen Titans was at least good throughout it's whole run

>he knows Teen Titans is nostalgiafag weebshit
My man.

good cartoon but courage was a shitty dog

Get off the computer Eustace

Bad spongebob episodes must outnumber the good ones 10 to 1

Nice trips, Eustace

>Avatar got 2nd
Meh, didn't like it much as a kid and don't really like it now. It's too similar to Teen Titans in style/formula for me.

You vocal minority sure love to remind everyone about how much you love hating things, but the majority voted and they say they don't think the bad detracts from the good. They just stopped watching and kept remembering.

ehhh not really

docs.google.com/document/d/1mCeZayVKbwYI5Fz-fVUg9UaZXZGDI5RoyyeHNYVLQnk/edit?usp=sharing

You're still a faggot

>Dr Zalost's theme

Probably my favorite Cartoon Network Show. I've seen all 4 seasons and each of the villains were intriguing. The way Courage saved Muriel in scary situations was always creative.

>episode where Courage goes to China and defeats an evil empress to save Muriel

>everyone always mentions how this scared them
>everyone always mentions how the blue perfect thing scared them
>no one ever mentions the Spirit of the Harvest Moon

Am I the only one that was scared of that thing?

>that time Eustace turned into a giant foot and stepped on Muriel
>that time Muriel's crazy cousin with a shaving fetish cut all of Courage's hair
>that time that guy with the flan kept force-feeding Courage until Courage vomited on him repeatedly

This show was pretty weird in hindsight.

Less you forget the most bone chilling thing from this show. Or that one spider episode, that one fucked me up too.

I genuinely wish this show would get a new season like Samurai Jack. Whether it's on Adult Swim or not. As long as Dilworth is in charge it'll be kino. This my favorite cartoon of all time.

>in hindsight

>that spider episode

That shit was too spooky. At least the King Ramses episode had that funny song.

You up for a game of sport?

Courage ran its course what else does it need?

The last episode was you learning why Courage does what he does so he never has the pain of losing those he loves again.

One of the pillars of Cartoon Network history

It's not perfect...

Didn't Eustace show his love for Courage at least once?

Loved it. The soundtrack choices are fucking great and I believe that is something people always forget about courage. This show has amazing atmosphere and it comes with the combination of visuals and its sound design.

Not really. But he'd hang out with Courage at times without being mean to him at times.

one of the most pleasant shows ive had the fortune to experience

>implying you aren't also of homosexual origin
For shame, user

>Implying this is anything unlike what happens in Yakuza

>Bob's Burgers beat The Angry Beavers
More proof that Sup Forums has no fucking taste.

I own that tank top too. I love Kurt Russle.

Not enough to spell his name correctly.

Well. The show doesn't have him getting assraped for the transphobic lols at least

Truth man. Still pissed that a shitty show made purely for marketing can get past a genuinely good show.

It's sad to see John r. Dilworth not getting a good comeback to CN

>8 years old
>watching scooby doo on vhs
>movie ends
>courage the cowardly dog pilot comes on
>chicken from outer space breaks knock of another chicken
>what the fuck am i watching

the pilot was creepy as fuck. especially when Eustace transforms.
youtube.com/watch?v=oL4hcM61Nw4

*neck

I worked for 8 hours and it was 3 in the morning.

It was one of the best horror in any medium.

haha, hey we actually put the weed down when we decided to watch this, I generally think ( im a nickfanboy) that CN never really provided anything for me in the netherlands ( same shows as you guys) other then DBZ or Courage, I always watched their shows ( Eddy, Powerpuff, Johnny, Dexter) only half because of how yawn inducing they were.

Agree, Also Samurai Jack MY GOOOOOOOOOD WHAT WAS THAT SHOW BORING!

STUPID DOG!

>This fucking episode

Courage's two parters were all GOAT.

Could a cartoon like Courage be done today or would it be considered to weird and scary by the studios to even consider airing it?

I'm actually unsure. Cartoons seems to be okay with stepping their toes into the adult themes-pool, more then they did when Courage came out, but they also seem to often have a more "soft" feel for a lack of a better word. Flapjack and Adventure Time, at least the earlier seasons, often had pretty disturbing moments, so I guess it could still be made, but I'm unsure if they could go full out with it like Courage did.

Also this show had a fucking GOAT soundtrack.

Probably my favorite cartoon of all time.

What about social satire portraying New York as a hellhole with roaches as inhabitants? Could they do that nowadays?

Pretty sure you can still do that. Nothing wrong with telling the truth.

>Cartoons seems to be okay with stepping their toes into the adult themes-pool, more then they did when Courage came out, but they also seem to often have a more "soft" feel for a lack of a better word.
Yeah, for example, SU can delve into some adult themes but everything is always so bright, colorful and happy. Most cartoons nowadays are all very bright and colorful; you rarely see anything "ugly" like Courage's style that it's aimed at kids.

How sensitive are New Yorkers anyway? Most people seem okay with making fun of New Jersey but I rarely see anyone poking at NY.

Pointing out that NY was/is a hellhole was so prominent that it was brought up in pretty much any media that took place there. Even New Yorkers makes fun of their city. They just point out that New Jersey is even worse.

What is Courage's worst episode?

I don't remember any episode that stood out to me as being outright bad. Which I guess means that the worst episodes where just forgettable.

I thought Eustace wanting to kill Courage in Ball if Revenge was out of character. Eustace has always been a bastard, but not that much.

It was a rare attempt at surrealism and it set the bar very high

Satan get posted the only thing that scared me

I guess, but besides that, it was a pretty enjoyable episode as far as I remember.

This shit was straight out of Lovecraft.

Seeing how little is said about this cartoon on Sup Forums should we just assume it's a perfect masterpiece?

>that time that guy with the flan kept force-feeding Courage until Courage vomited on him repeatedly
I swear that episode gave me a sweet tooth for pudding

King Flan got to you user.

It's a great show.

I probably would never have gotten into horror flicks if it weren't for Courage.

Samurai Jack's top? I want a rematch!

No. No you're not.

If this was redone now with SJ finally complete Courage could honestly compete against Avatar.

Spongebob was comfy/goofy. TT was dark/brooding.

There's a reason why TTG abandoned dark/brooding and went for comfy/goofy.

>CN still hasn't released a full OST

I still can't believe that Harvey fucking Birdman lost to Star Vs. People were defending it with "just try watching the show it's good" like everyone who didn't agree with it just hadn't watched Star. I've watched Star, Harvey Birdman beats it by a fucking mile.

It doesn't matter. There's a clear divide between nu-sponge and sponge classic. Obviously, people voted for the first three seasons and ignored the garbage that came after the movie.