Disney Theme Parks Thead: "We Want The Redhead" Edition

>Disney Parks is making both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World versions of the "Pirates of The Caribbean" ride more politically correct by having the famous "Redhead" audio animatronic become a strong, independent, gun-toting woman.
>The change will occur during a previously announced ride refurbishment in 2018.
>insidethemagic.net/2017/06/disney-parks-replace-famous-pirates-caribbean-bride-auction-arming-redhead-new-role/
Here we go, Sup Forumsmrades. We have until 2018 to stop this, so how do we do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA
youtube.com/watch?v=khVgCv0q8ww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Marc Davis and X Atencio are rolling in their graves right now...

Yes, it totally sucks to have a sexy red head pirate robot

>Politically correct
>gun-toting

user...

Will she still want a redhead?

To clarify a bit (according to the article)
>The Redhead will no longer be up for auction, but will now be one of the pirates looting the town.
>The entire auction scene itself will be changed: instead of brides for sale, the Redhead and her pirate cohorts will be forcing the townspeople to give them their goods at gunpoint.

>Some "insider" user in the last Disney Parks thread kept warning us about this.
>Everyone (including me) kept telling him to fuck off because "Disney knows that would cause a shitstorm".
If you read this "insider" user, i'm so sorry I doubted you...

They could easily add a female pirate somewhere. but to change the ENTIRE famous auction scene just for PC brownie points is is lowbrow. This is why i tend to dislike PC changes in entertainment. It feel forced and agenda driven.

I just rode the ride a week and half ago at WDW. If there is any changes need to be made (for WDW's), it's updating the animatronics to move better with better flow, or during pirate ship scene, have the battle scene work better. Disneyland's seems make that work well.

Not some political changed. They already did that shit with the men chasing women scene. People tend to forget that theses are fucking pirates.

Don't you know user, villains aren't allowed to do evil things because for some reason that's supporting the evil things in question somehow?

I honestly always wondered why fucking pirates were holding a fucking auction in the middle of a fucking raid

The important question is will she still be bursting out of her top

According to the new concept art (see OPs pic): yes.

Then I don't see the issue

Pirates was already ruined when they added Jack Sparrow anyway

I don't mind this it seems kinda neat/cute.

I think it matters more that it's still striking to pass by visually, so hopefully the animatronics are good.

They aren't pirates, they're "pirates"

I fucking hate how many people sem to genuinely believe this now. People really are degenerating, not morally like Sup Forums thinks but mentally. It's like plenty of adults now can't grasp concepts children would have been able to easily in the past.

>Villains aren't allowed to do evil things because for some reason that's supporting the evil things in question.

Unless it's this fucker, of course.

>stopping Disney

*pllllrrrbbtpptt*

At the very least, the idea that the Redhead ended up becoming a pirate was there from the start.

It'd be nice as a trade-off if they brought some older dialog back though. Like the pirate at the well doesn't need to be asking about where Jack Sparrow is every 15 seconds, or bring that Barbossa in the Skeleton Caves figure that Paris is also getting in this refurb over to the American parks so you can put the original captain back on the ship.

>Sup Forums is against gun-toting lady pirates rocking fabulous finery
I fucking hate this piece of shit board.

It's more that other then the Jail scene, the Auction was the only major setpiece in the town half of the ride that hadn't been touched by all the Jack Sparrow shilling in 2006.

I miss all the Paul Frees stuff.

i'm not sure if that was confirm to be the redhead or one of the historical female pirates like Anne Bonny or Mary Read. Marc have intended Mary or Anne, along with other historical pirates to appear in the ride. But chose use made up pirates of his own to bring about the humor better.

But I would of love if this scene made it somewhere

youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA

I want a Emperor's new groove park ride were at the start of the game you hear Yzma say "Pull the lever, Kronk!", you hear her scream "Wrong lever!" and the

Stumbled upon this a few days ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=khVgCv0q8ww

There was that whole fiasco when they tried to trademark/copyright a holiday for a movie.

what holiday? Christmas?

Dia de los Muertos

The painting was titled by Marc Davis as "A Portrait of Things to Come" and those official Disney books on the ride point that out as being the intention and part of the ride's "time travel" premise.

>Pirates are now politically correct
Oh boy i cant wait til the mongolian horde, highwaymen and nazis will also be made politically correct

IIRC Chicanos and Mexican Americans were all "REEEEEEE muh culture!!!"

Regular Mexicans were like "There's no 'Los' in Día de Muertos stupid gringos! REEEEEEE"

>not changing it to female pirates buying male crewmen/slaves

>hear this rumor last year along with removing some "racist" parts in its a small world and making Tinkerbell and the fairies wear pants and making minnie into a more stronk independent woman i.e. piercings with colored tumblr hair
>laugh it off

>so how do we do it?

Get Sup Forums to stop it with meme magic?

I have to say, as a female, that I'm pretty sure the Pirates of the Caribbean ride was my very first introduction to the concept of sex slavery, as a historical concept, and I really valued it as an educational piece. It gave me a little sense of perspective on the progression of gender equality and female rights, and a slightly closer idea of the actual historical concept of a pirate instead of shit like pic related. I think it's an actually valuable piece of the ride and I'd be really sorry to see it go. I think erasing or whitewashing history is always a big step back in the progression of society and I'm insulted they're considering cutting it.

Also, it was a funny scene, cmon.

>and whenever Jack Sparrow isn't in the ride, all of the other pirates will ask "where's Jack Sparrow?"

It's kind of bullshit, but pirate chicks are my fetish so I'm gonna count this as a win

post feet

I mean the Mongolians did a lot of important shit for Asia in between all the rape. And highwaymen have been glamourized since they existed (See: Sam Hall and other ballads).

Nazis are on their own.

No you

If I post my feet will you post your feet?

What the fuck's the hatch for?

'Cause their pirates. They do shit like that.

My man.

Mongols were all about globalism and enforced tolerance.

I'll post a picture of a cute dog.

goatse

AKA what a customer's asshole looks like after consuming D*sney media

>Finally going to DisneyLand for the first time and always loved this video
If my family doesn't think I won't blast this song on my speaker on Thunder Mountain Railroad they got another thing coming

I'll post a picture of a cute dog

>add Jack Sparrow
>remove the pirates chasing the women
>now this
Stop changing pirates goddammit. By 2024 the ride will just be Jack Sparrow and his crew saving the town

>stop this
Why?
Ride seems the same, but now we have a pirate lady character.

Because they're stopping pirates from doing evil things. It's not the first time

But that's not what people want glamorized about pirates. The general population want pirates to be trailblazing explorers who follow their own moral compass. Rape is lame, seduction takes a new set of skills.

Sounds like Poochy.

And its now as if there weren't actual female pirates.

In fact there were quite a few as it was one of the few ways they could strike out as equals.

>pirate lady character
>thinking this is ok
get off this website

Why can't Sup Forums get a constructive hobby rather than getting butthurt about everything that doesn't matter in the world?

Why can't obese tumblrinas like you get a constructive hobby such as jogging so you can lose weight? Because not everyone wants to do other stuff, as evidenced by your obesity.

Wheres a good place where we can bitch about this to disney?

There were female pirate captains, too. That's the thing with pirates, they were beyond the moral standards of their day. A lot more liberal than mainstream 1600-1700s.

dude who gives a fuck. youre going to let one robot ruin the ride for you? your dumb ass waited in line for an hour to ride in a 50 year old puppet show you fucking moron

You people will shit your pants over literally any fucking thing.

This exact segment of it has been removed and re-added multiple times as the attraction has gone through multiple renovations and countless maintenance cycles.

>not tweaking it so that the redhead is subtly threatening the auctioneer to sell the "winsome wench" instead of her
There's your grrl power.

shit nigga, this user dead

>Pirates of the Caribbean 2036
>All of the guns have been replaced with walkie-talkies
>All of the skeletons have been replaced with churros
>The burning town scene is replaced with a big dance party

I wouldn't put it past Disney to do this.