Can we all agree that this was Adventure Time before Adventure Time?

Can we all agree that this was Adventure Time before Adventure Time?
In my opinion, it does some things better than it.

Also, Flapjack thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TuPQHxA0TVI
youtu.be/6SL72a4CNz8
youtu.be/lZctp-2jVHs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I fucking loved this show

Apparently the guys who did this made Over the Garden Wall?

Nah, this was Thurop Van Orman and OGW was Pat McHale. They were all involved in AT at some point or another.

Flapjack was wonderful and basically laid out the blueprint that most 2010 cartoons would work off of. I liked AT a bit more but Flap was still charming as hell.

This show actually spawned many show creators and talents.

This show was brought down a lot by its insufferable main character

>some
I think you meant to say "everything."

I was going to say that, but that would trigger some people.

Pat McHale was on Flapjack too. So were Pen Ward and Alex Hirsch.

Rewatching this on hulu right now, its so good. One of the few cartoons that incites actual laughter in me

Flap was great, the fact that he was the only character in the show so annoyingly upbeat and optimistic was a good balance and the show wouldn't be the same if he wasn't like that. Fun kid.

>Pat McHale was on Flapjack too. So were Pen Ward and Alex Hirsch
... and JG Quintel, and Mike Roth, and Sean Szeles, and Brett Varon, and John Infantino, and Somvilay Xayaphone, etc. etc.

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack is what connects AT and RS, which in turn led to OtGW, LLTR, and SU

bump

That pedigree can be traced further back to Spongebob and Rocko.

This show was amazing for reaction images and visual gags.

The show's visual comedy sometimes went full meta
youtu.be/TuPQHxA0TVI
youtu.be/6SL72a4CNz8
youtu.be/lZctp-2jVHs

bump

>more people are interested in a show for toddlers like hanazuki with all style but not something like this

A wonderful show during a dark time for CN. Chowder is in that same crowd.

Early AT can compare to it's whimsical adventure in weird and sometimes dark places, but later AT evolved well beyond what Flap did so well during its much shorter run.

>can we all agree
user let's be serious here

Adventure Time is more about Finn and Jake exploring their world. Flapjack explores their world but it does so more with a reason for why they even ended up on an adventure. Adventure Time feels like we catch the characters on an adventure. AT and Flapjack are also inspired from different things. While they might have a very similar overall theme the experience you get when watching the shows makes it feel as if they are completely different. The relationship between the protagonist and deuteragonist is also very different. The shows explore different themes too. There isn't any lore in Flapjack at all

>flapjack and adventure time were simultaneously airing at one point

It is quite an odd feeling
I still remember that one thread where both shows shared the talkback and everyone freaked out at Tree Trunk's exploding

bump

>The cat and puppy one
Christ, that is some top fucking notch comedic timing.

>Tree Trunks exploding

Don't forget. You're here forever.

>There isn't any lore in Flapjack at all
Man, there had to be fucking something about Candy Wife.

>if you love candy so much why don't you marry it
The end.

This show was freaky as shit and I loved it

I was always disappointed it didn't go more Courage the Cowardly Dog territory. More trips to foreign places, more horror or adventure type scenarios. As it was it was a little too much comedy for my taste and half the show stayed firmly planted on the docks.

I have hope that once Adventure Time ends I can pull myself out but I know in my heart that won't happen.

But it's safer at the docks.

But there ain't no streams of sodie pop, going dripping down the rocks.

Ikr?

I used to say the show was shit

I mean it came out in a bad time for CN but I gave it another go

What did you think of it afterwards?

I loved that about it. It's a lot better than gross-out or adult cartoon edginess.

Linking to a webm I posted on /wsg/ for sound.

Holy sweet mother of fuck

legitimately unnerving

>This guy wanted to fuck a whale

Bubbie was a qt, who wouldn't wanna fuck her

What was Knuckles? He wasn't human was he, I mean he was blue and like his whole body was made out of wooden parts from what I remember.

It was the 2 Stupid Dogs of its era. It had a LOT of people who would go on to be big names in the cartoon industry, but the show itself was released at the wrong time to have much of an impact.

Not everyone is into Ebony, I guess.

nice try but if he was so good why didn't he surgery himself
checkmate

He was human. The blue was his facial hair and the wooden limbs were prosthetic.

He doesn't need surgery, he's beautiful as is.

>that dog scene
It's been so long

>Can we all agree that this was Adventure Time before Adventure Time?
No, it was Spongebob. Back then, everything was Spongebob.

>The blue was his facial hair
shit Knuckles you're a hairy bastard
Thanks for telling me man

When I first started watching I assumed he was some kind of bird person

I'd play it.

How much would you kill for a reboot, Sup Forums? I'd love if they put an end to the Candied Island dilema.

chowder and flapjack were like last candle in a absolutely dark room, from a concetration camp

She is cute, but not as before.

Bubbie was a total cougar, and she was also a whale

this was literally my fav show ever.

I wouldn't want one. I do think trust reboots. Also, what dilemma? Candy Island did exist, and they saw it at least a couple times, Flapjack even tasted it once.

or vore.