Threatens to leave twitter because it's all "just anger & fodder for clickbait."

>Threatens to leave twitter because it's all "just anger & fodder for clickbait."
IT'S ALL YOU FAULTS ANONS!!!! YOU DROVE ME TO THE BREAKING POINT!!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/06/29/marvels-tom-brevoort-announces-hes-quitting-twitter-will-relaunch/
twitter.com/StephenWacker/status/880516750667767812
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought anger was good though?

bleedingcool.com/2017/06/29/marvels-tom-brevoort-announces-hes-quitting-twitter-will-relaunch/

The thing is that is a solid model as long as the story you are telling is still really good. Fans hated Beta Ray Bill when he was first introduced but it sold like fucking hot cakes because it was so good they had to keep reading.

Next, he should leave Marvel

Wow, Capt. Cummings seems like the straw that broke the camel's back.

Gee no more snide comments leveled against his own customers?

but he's 100% right though about twitter

Another element is change. It's not so much "outrage" as it is something new. The influx of money comes from people getting attracted to buzz, it's just harder to work up buzz for something really, really, really great.

It's really easy to shit on a plate, though.

Using your Beta Ray Bill as an example: eventually the sales softened, but it wasn't because fans started liking it, it's because it was no longer new.

This is an especially hard line to walk in comics, where status quo is All Powerful. How do you attract buzz with new/change, while being tethered to years and years of history that you're unable to break?

This is why characters dying and coming back has become such a popular mainstay, it's a way of being "new" and reverting to status quo in one go.

>but hes 100% right about the internet
fixed that for you

Remember when prevailing opinion was to keep yourself anonymous online because there might be a pedophile or phisher behind every IP address?

I miss those times

And yet, he didn't mind the clickbait and anger against DC in the past. But now that the shoe is on the other foot, suddenly now it's not okay. What a coincidence!!!

Shouldn't someone at his position be required to engage in social media? Stepping off one of the biggest social media platforms over a little rumproasting seems ludicrous. Should have at least pretended to be getting death threats or something.

>Hello darkness, my old friend.

haha Sup Forums btfo "true core fans"

because you gave doubles

He is, but he kind of contributed to the problem in a way.

>Shouldn't someone at his position be required to engage in social media?
Someone at his position should be required to not be a shitposting faggot on social media.

Marvel has always thought its staff were entitled to be incorrigible as part of its larger-than-life Bullpen mythos.
DC considers itself a business.

What a piece of human garbage this guy is. No wonder Marvel is failing with people like him in charge. Every day I respect Kevin Feige more and more for refusing to work with Ike's croonies.

That's smart. There's really no reason to be on Twitter as an artist except for sending updates on your work. Fans on internet are cancer to interact with.

he just got assblasted because he's trying to defend spelling errors in overpriced books

hopefully he comes back like a battered wife and we keep shitting on him

>he just got assblasted because he's trying to defend spelling errors in overpriced books

On the one hand, sure, getting angry at them doing typos can be a bit petty because mistakes can happen.

On the other hand, it's an indictment that the stories are not interesting enough that the typos are just one more representation of how far things have fallen.

the twitter mob had a point though, how did nobody see the glaring typos in at least 3 issues of secret empire when it's supposed to be their mainline title right now? it at least went through 5 people to vet it and nobody noticed.

Don't pressure Brevoort

he's a ticking time bomb. He's a loose cannon. He's a loaded gun waiting to go off.

You guys should be careful how you approach this guy, he's unpredictable and he's dangerous

>obsorn

I refuse to believe there are any editors left after ike fired them

And like Said, he cultivated it on his own for his/marvel profit.
Im sad that he feels so, but as long he profited it was ok, is kinda hypocrite.

>anniversay

jesus this has to be deliberate

Nah, it was Tom Brennan's response in:
twitter.com/StephenWacker/status/880516750667767812

Funny thing is that Brevoort retweeted Wacker's comment which doesn't quite sound as good or as funny as Brevoort or Wacker think it is, in context. It feels like it'd just add more fuel to the fire.

My dude can't handle the bantz.

i've never seen so much fedora tipping in that twitter thread.

well at least now I know how to pronounce fabian nicieza's name

So he is the school massacre kid in marvel?
What would hid weapon of choice be?
Stapler? Wolverine claw props? Thors hammer?

to be honest im feeling a lot less angry lately
not sure if thats a good thing

Anger gets shit done.

It's not like he's forced to be on twitter and read critique.