Villains you have never liked

I usually don't like two-face because he's typically just a kinda crazy gang leader only with a grotesque appearance, but the Dark Knight used his character in the way I think it should be.

Carnage is definitely a product of his era but I can handle symbiote edginess in small doses.

Most villains I don't care much for or even hate have been written well before.

However the Riddler has always made me groan. Hated him in the movie, every cartoon, and every video game he has ever been in.

Whats yours Sup Forums?

Cartoon Network Executives

Vandal Savage, only good thing that came out of that bastard was Scandal.

Riddle me this: who's a huge faggot that loves sucking cock?

>cheetah
i cant handle her design. ares is the superior villain in every way.

Superheroes on the level of Superman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, almost always have a way smaller rogue gallery than street tiers like Spiderman, Batman, etc. I don't mind usually because its quality over quantity, and its harder to write a threat for Superman than Batman, but Cheetah is just retarded

Ares and Lex are among my favorites, even if overused

Any "Femme Fatale" villain. Bonus points if they're reoccurring and are the protagonist's main love interest.
Cat-Woman being the most notable of such characters.

>Azula
Over-rated cunt

>Dominator
Villain Sue who exists to give Hater a faux redemption arc

>Airachnid
Smug bitch who exists solely so Starscream can be used for more cheap laughs.

>Bandit Princess
She's never going to get any sort of karma.

>Mandy/Gaz
any incarnation of "Evil little girl" needs to fuck off and die.

>I am a misogynist, but only if the woman is evil.

Is misogyny really a bad thing if the woman's evil?

MCU Loki, he's just a retarded manchild wanting to take over the world "because he's fun" he's not even the classic "evil for the sake of it" you can clearly see that he's not even sure what he want at all, is simply cringeworthy.

>However the Riddler has always made me groan. Hated him in the movie, every cartoon, and every video game he has ever been in.
My problem with the Riddler is that despite all the attempts at being smart or clever, he never actually was smart or clever. The riddles were either bone-headed simple, or the plans were bone-headed simple, or Batman gives this drastically long full-assed (e.g. twice as bad as half-assed) explanation of how he figured it out. There's a copypasta somewhere where some user made up some example exchange where Riddler would say like one word or nothing at all and Batman would keep pulling out these novels out of his ass about what villian is doing what right now and/or who's in town and that's basically how I see every Riddler execution.

There was a crossover with The Question once where Nygma accidentally ended up robbing a bus with a crazy lady when he was trying to go clean and The Question gave him a verbal beatdown about how his riddles sucked and were mostly dumb puns.

Maybe it's my nostalgia goggles but I think Jim Carrey's Riddler had nice parts too, at least in terms of mechanical execution with the way the character crafted those Riddler pop-up notices. His overall scheme and second half of the movie weren't great but the serial killer lettering and shit like the ping pong pop-up card were great.

It could just be that the character concept as it is might be flawed and conflict with what is supposed to be an intellectually inclined villain concept because Riddler isn't really a schemer with an elaborate puzzle, he's more like a treasure hunt guy. Like a pirate or some shit.
>ARRR SHIVER ME RIDDLES, WHAT IS BLACK AND WHITE AND RED ALL OVER
>Tommy Lee Jones with a tommy gun
Collecting those Riddler trophies in Arkham Asylum was just as bad as the Joker teeth except after all that effort, you didn't even get to punch him.

Okay, been going through random clips on YouTube. Definitely the nostalgia goggles.

>Bill Cipher
Incredibly obnoxious and it's clear that they want him to be an Aku kind of deal where he's both laughable but scary when he needs to be, except he's neither funny nor scary. Plus, shitty voice.
>Kylo Ren
Yeah, maybe he'll join the good side or become a better villain eventually. I don't know. So far he's no impressive and I don't share the view that being an edgy manchild makes him a good character.
>Ozai
Simply the most boring part of AtLA. People keep saying that he's still power partly because of charisma, but there's none of it seen in an actual show.
>Doomsday
Well, for it to be a villain it has to be a character first.
>Purple Man
I don't know which version I hate more: the one-dimensional Z-list psycho from the comics that lacks any charisma that could salvage that type of character (see Bullseye or Sabretooth) or a childlike pathetic idiot from the Netflix show that is nearly impossible to consider a threatening villain.
>Morrison's Talia Al Ghul
I don't hate Morrison, but he ruined her with his mommy issues.

You have shit taste, OP

Riddler is better as a hero detective anyway

> Hated him in the movie, every cartoon, and every video game he has ever been in.

That's your problem, you've never read any Riddler. Riddler, when written by the right people, is an amazing villian.

Are comic writers just... dumb? Is this why we've never had a good Riddler?

Writers in general can't write actually smart villains. There are few exceptions of course, but the bad outweighs the good. I let it slide with Riddler because he's is interesting to me due to being a narcissistic obsessive-compulsive fuck, not for being a believable smart person.

>Are comic writers just... dumb?

Smart genre writers generally move on to books. Not always, but if you're good at writing mystery stories there's more to be gained from writing mystery books then superhero comics.

The Spirit did it first and best. There's sexual tension between him and literally every female antagonist.

Do the characters from those Chick Tracts count?

>There's a copypasta somewhere where some user made up some example exchange where Riddler would say like one word or nothing at all and Batman would keep pulling out these novels out of his ass about what villian is doing what right now and/or who's in town and that's basically how I see every Riddler execution.
So you don't like Sup Forums's Riddler threads.
You, sir, are not my nigga.

Veronica Cale is worse.
>let's make female Lex Luthor without anything that makes Lex Luthor a good and a memorable villain
I can't believe Rucka thought she was a good enough character.

>the Dark Knight used his character in the way I think it should be.
As an asshole Harvey Dent 90% of the time and, when he actually is Two-Face, having none of the dychotomy that makes the villain interesting and being just a deranged psycho ?
No, thank you.

Apocalypse Twins.
I tried to like them. Archangel as Apocalypse was a 10/10 villain so I thought Remender wouldn't fuck it up but they were so fucking bland.

>Hating the best Batman Villain.
>Finding Riddler worse than Harley Quinn or LOLRANDUMB Joker.

Git gud.

Go read Zero Year, then tell me you hate him.

The OP cited movies, cartoons, and vidya as reasons for his hatred of the best Batman villain. So I don't think he cares about comics.

But that's easily Eduwardo at his best, and I'm a complete Joker obsessib

Basedbasedbased Scott Snyder

How about actually shitty Batman villains?
There is nothing interesting about Zsasz. He's just a generic serial killer and not even a good one at that.
I don't think that all villains should be complex, but there should be something about them that sticks out.
James Gordon Jr. does the whole "sociopathic serial killer with no powers or silly costume" better anyway

Was better. Still pissed that they undid that.

That's the idea with Zsasz. They realized Bats' rogues gallery was too full of charismatic, colorful villains so they threw in a guy ANYBODY could hate, even if it's just X-Pac Heat.

What's your problem with Vandal?

I mean he's not the most interesting guy out there, but there's nothing really annoying about him, that I can recall.

He's the most boring world conquering villain.

I don't know what that user is talking about.
Savage is pure charisma. I can actually believe that he can be a world conqueror and that someone would follow a leader like him.

The only good MCU villains are Kingpin and Cottonmouth.

The Scarecrow.

In a rogue's gallery filled with the likes of the Joker, Two-Face and Killer Crock, this stupid motherfucker is supposed to be the "master of fear." And he's the least scary-looking villain imaginable. I mean, he's a scarecrow! What are we, birds?

His fear gas is an interesting weapon, but it's rarely used in an interesting way. Most writers use their limited knowledge of psychology to give all his victims specific phobias, like spiders or snakes or whatever. Most encounters will go like...
> "There! Now I've infected you with my fearrrr gass! Now tell me, Bruno! What do you see? What are you afraiiid of?"
> "Skuh-Skeletons! Skeletons everywhere!"
> "SKELETONS!" [raises arms and starts prancing around with the high-kneed gait of a vaudeville fiend]. Clicking and clacking! Chattering and gibbering! Skeletons, Bruno! There's no escape! BATman can't save you now!

But all this could be forgivable if his stories didn't all END in the same way. The scarecrow gets "a taste of his own medicine," turns out to be a complete pussy, and the heavy-handed moral of the story is "the only thing to fear is fear itself. Seriously, EVERY scarecrow story ends like that. I seriously don't understand why he's so popular. He's the biggest fucking joke there is.

>I seriously don't understand why he's so popular.
Popular amongst who?

I think you see him a lot AND remember him just because of how unique he looks and does shit.

>Arkham Knight had the chance to make him threatening
>LOL MORE JOKER
I hate how fucking Injustice has the best Scarecrow.

My nigga.

Riddler has always been bland and boring to me.

The only time I've liked him was in Zero Year.

are there more?

That's not what "misogyny" means, Sup Forumsmblr.

Oh yes. Just didn't know you wanted any. Nobody else had posted about hating the other villains. But since you so nicely asked...

And this is the last one I had. Shame he didn't do Two-Face or the Penguin

>never had a good Riddler

Fuck you, the Dini run where he was a reformed private eye was god tier.

The biggest problem with Zsasz (aside from "the 90s") is that he was made redundant by the edgefication of the Joker. The whole "life is meaningless, I have no rules, muh mindwarping psychological genius, serial killer"-schtick just makes Zsasz a less charismatic, less visually interesting version of the modern Joker.

this was a brilliant thread, that user should write batman parodies

>Well that just means they're also really smart and they should probably brag about it and use it to explain why my comics are so much more sophisticated than Superman's
topkek

Remember that BTAS episode where Scarecrow made people fearless instead?
That was good shit

holy shit that's too good

Im never going to take any batman story seriously again after this
and im ok with that

I was going to write a batman story about scarecrows origin and he is a serial killer murdering with his gas but all the police know is their victims died of fright. Loads of detective work and bruce wayne interacting with crane unkowing who he is. Scarecrow would be a scientist driven psychotic by the need to know fear and runs lab test sessions akin to torture with his gas. The street killings were just to see field application of the gass.
In the climax fight batman would struggle through a hellscape nightmare made up of fighting and also super grimdark bruce wayne horror before he overcomes it and beats scarecrow to a pulp. After he has left scarecrow battered on the floor he passes out next to him from exhaustion.

It is then shown that the scarecrow batman thought he beat up was just a gas enduced vison as the real scarecrow stands above batman studying him before vanishing into Gotham.

How is he like in that one?

>I mean, he's a scarecrow! What are we, birds?
SO WHAT IF WE ARE, HUH ?
WHAT WOULD BE SO BAD ABOUT THAT ?

I feel that way towards Ra's al Ghul.

There was a poll for best Batman villain here a couple of months ago and Scarecrow and Riddler were winning.

Riddler actually won and Scarecrow was on the lead for the majority of the day until Joker caught up.

>Joker
Went from gangster who told jokes to edge lord. God every time he shows up I want to put the damn book down.
>Harley Quinn
shit tier waifu, that's only popular because cosplayers and hot topic kids that think her and Joker are best couple
>Doomsday
literal retard, only purpose was to kill Superman which didn't work.