Wonder Woman Just Passed Doctor Strange box office!

Box Office Domestic Box office surpassed Batman vs Superman!

Biggest solo Origin movie of BOTH MCU and DCEU !

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/06/30/box-office-wonder-woman-tops-batman-v-superman-nears-700m-worldwide/#35500b7cff8e

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/2016/apr/01/chinas-box-office-certain-to-overtake-us-as-takings-up-50-in-2016s-first-quarter
deadline.com/2014/09/american-box-office-importance-studios-oversas-841427/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Domestic
Literally worthless

Im glad its doing well, maybe we'll see an increase in WW material like a cartoon or a video game

Sadly, this just means that whatever plans any individual directors had for future DC movies are scrapped, and they are all going to be made into homogenized, cookie-cutter emulations of Wonder Woman to capitalize on the success, because cinematic audiences love paying to see the exact same movies over and over and over.

You can say what you want about the DCEU, but I liked them simply for being different. I was excited to see James Wan's take on Aquaman, but you'd better fucking believe WB's execs are going to keep sending him back to the cutting room until they get a final product that is structurally and tonally identical to Wonder Woman.

Damn that Feige is a lucky man

Now he's got 2 MCUs with a third on the way

>I'm retarded and know nothing the post

Wan is already almost done and Reeves walked so he got full creative control and threw WB script in the trash.

>being this ignorant.

Lmao MCUcks still in damage control.

Wonder Woman simply stomped every.single.MCU.hero so far

>being this butthurt
Next week it will surpass Winter Soldier.

>Domestic

It's fun selecting, isn't it? Still has to beat worldwide SS and GotG.
The movie's successful, but can't you avoid turning that success in just another shitposting tool?

I love this Ww costume

Gold and white works for her

Next week it'll be destroyed by Spiderman

>Biggest solo Origin movie
>When Deadpool exist

Good for Sony

Winter Soldier was a flop anyway

never go full retard

>it would never work, they said
>the premise is too alienating, they said
Haters BTFO.

It's about damn time Diana had her day in the limelight.

but he is right, the over seas market is way more profitable right now. Why do you think Universal is making that Woody Wood Pecker movie for south america? Or that Top Cat movie for Mexico? The talks of a Warcraft sequel because it did so well in China--hell, Marvel specifically makes new scenes JUST for the Chinese releases of their movies.
Studios also get a bigger cut of overseas movie sales than in America because its less regulated.
Dont be fucking retards, if you are going to call someone stupid at least back up your opinion with words instead of just jacking off your deformed brain until shit comes out.

700mil dollars is not "worthless", by any sane measure.

Fucking hell, I thought it was only execs who adopted the all or nothing approach to profits. But apparently even consumers now are under the impression that anything that doesn't make ALL of the money ever is an automatic failure.

Honestly, people, get your heads out of your asses with this.

>over seas market is way more profitable right now.
source

the fact that they are making movies in america and just releasing them in other countries... the fact that Marvel makes new content/scenes JUST for foreign countries and not America.....

theguardian.com/film/2016/apr/01/chinas-box-office-certain-to-overtake-us-as-takings-up-50-in-2016s-first-quarter

deadline.com/2014/09/american-box-office-importance-studios-oversas-841427/

I wasnt saying it was worthless you fucking tard, I was just saying the guy had a point in saying right now international/total box office means more than domestic.

At this point talking about domestic totals as some kind of marker, instead of world wide totals, is outdated and pointless.

700mil isn't the domestic gross tho, that's not what he's saying (i think)

WW box office is also high too, is already bigger than
>Hulk
>Captain America 1
>Thor 1
>Ant Man
>Iron Man
>Iron Man 2

Oh and will still grow at least some dozen millions

MCUcks trying way too hard to make this movie look like fa failure

*foreign box office

He said "literally worthless" you epic retard learn2read

and I wasnt the user who said that you stupid idiot, but unlike you I can detect sarcasm and didnt take his word to be 100% gospel because this isnt my first day on the internet.

>LITERALLY WORTHLESS
>LITERALLY

Dumbfuck

yeah, it's fucked a lot of people's plans

>Wonder Woman Just Passed Doctor Strange box office!

Credibly, yes.

>Box Office Domestic Box office surpassed Batman vs Superman!

Because it has legs, which BvS did not have.

>Biggest solo Origin movie of BOTH MCU and DCEU !

Except for Guardians of the -

Oh I see you already had to qualify that one to make it seem impressive, right.

Yeah, I only watch Chinese movies

and this is different then it usually is...how?

lol

wtf is happening here

yeah, it literally did not take over the world and created a Wonder Woman utopia.

What a fucking failure of a movie. Not impressive at all.

Let me know when it makes Scooby Doo money guys, ok? Then well talk

>yeah, it's fucked a lot of people's plans
If by "a lot of people" you mean Zack Snyder and "a lot of plans" you mean copy TDK style then yeah

>It's the biggest success!
>It's a success but not the biggest actually
>OH YEAH? I GUESS IT'S A COMPLETE FAILURE BY YOUR STANDARDS THEN, FUCK YOU

Company wars. KEK 12 year olds should not post on Sup Forums boy. Turn your Ipad off now.

Making new content for other countries has nothing to do with making money in those countries, idiot. While money can be made overseas, and has been, the UK, US and China still control the fate of a movie. Do not get it twisted kid. Those three countries still matter more than any other country when it comes to movies being made. One could debate India, but seriously, bollywood is shit and will never become main stream and they tend to not like good movies in India.

Also, the add additional scenes to help ease translations, make context easier to understand and due to various censorship laws. They are not hand picking countries and sucking up to them with new content you dumb fuck. There is a reason behind it. Stop talking about shit you do not understand.

>this just means that whatever plans any individual directors had for future DC movies are scrapped, and they are all going to be made into homogenized, cookie-cutter emulations of Wonder Woman

At least they are not going to be cookie-cutter versions of Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman had the right balance between the grimdark subversion of superheroes tropes Snyder was trying to do and the MCU "lighthearted" tone

What was grimdark about WW?

>WW video game
>reskinned God of War

it'd work

>Geoff starts DC Rebirth to go away from the retarded edge comic writers and artists put into their comics after Watchmen got popular
>At this same time DC's movies start going away from the retarded age writers had been cramming into their movies after The Dark Knight got popular

Hypercrisis.

I mean, it was set in WW1. If historical events can be considered grimdark, that'd be a pretty good example.

Hell, the Khmer Rouge, The Trail of Tears, Rhwanda, The Holocaust... basically any time humanity to decided to go full edgelord. Granted, WWI was a bit different, but you get the idea.

>Geoff finds a gimmick to pretend there's something more important about this new reboot brought to you by the same idiots behind Nu52
>WB allows mom-retards to make a movie

FTFY

Meant non-retards obviously

Rebirth is pretty much undoing new 52 that was a pointless reboot.

Sure.

Don't read this spoiler Sup Forums, you've suffered enough

It has a very decent shot at surpassing Civil War, an avengers movie introducing Spider-Man in the MCU, in the United States

Good.
I've been saying since MoS that the problem was tone and all Snyderfags have done have thrown tantrums and blamed everything else under the sun rather than admit that dour deconstructions of the genre's codifiers weren't a good idea.
And now that they did a movie with the proper tone, it's success. What a fucking shock.

Marvel field nigger just stop it. I get that you want ALL DC movies to be failures but that's just not realistic. At least one of them was going to be a success, so just shut the fuck up and deal with it.

You marvelshills are a sad bunch

Dude, they can't take out of the magic hat almost one hundred million dollars just like that, not this late into release and with all these movies coming out

>United States
Not even there

Funniest thing is Spiderman's gonna make this and more opening weekend

Perfectly said.

Only 75 millions not counting whatever it makes this weekend, at the rate it's dropping and with 10 weeks of summer ahead? Not saying it's a sure thing but be sure it can happen. Compared to what Suicide Squad made from this point onwards even with its shitty legs, it could do it

If Iron Man + Spider-Man can't make more than Wonder Woman without marketing and against Pirates, Transformers, Cars and many others, maybe it's time to shut the MCU down

Not that surprising.

DC tried so hard to be different from Marvel in their films, that they forgot that DC had always been the optimistic story teller, and Marvel the gritty story teller.

>hurr durr Marvel has dark stories with humour - therefore they have happy stories!
>we need DAAAAAAAAAAAAARK STORIES!
>DAAAAAAAAAARK LIKE NOLAN'S BATMAN!
>DAAAAAAAAAARK LIKE WATCHMEN!
>(continues to completely miss the point why Nolan's Batman and Watchmen were dark - they're supposed to be the opposite of the kind of stories DC tells)
>completely miss the point that Marvel movies are full of humour and jokes because otherwise they'd be depressing as shit

>First part of the post
Yeah, i guess-

>Second part of the post is obvious company wars shitposting
Fuck off dude

It's summer, the movie won't keep making millions forever, not between Spider-man, Apes and others. And I'm just saying, before you go "lol mad mousecuck". If I'm wrong then so be it, unlike you I'm able to celebrate the successes of worthy CBM from whatever company they're from. Plus what's with the no marketing meme, you guys say this about literally every movie that isn't BvS or CW, like to redeem these massive blockbusters as courageous underdogs

It beat Stranges domestic a long time ago. This world wide. If you ask me Strange underperformed domestically

>>Second part of the post is obvious company wars shitposting
It was just some standard bait, we all know Spidey will make more cash. But seriously, look it up, Suicide Squad made $43M from day 28 (current for WW) to the end of its run, and it was making less than half of WW day by day. And WW had very little marketing or at least proportional to its budget, condensed in time and not because WB not having faith or whatever meme you were pushing a few months ago but because it was suicidal to try to compete for billboards with Pirates of the Caribbean or Guardians of the Galaxy, tentpole movies with huge marketing campaigns expected to make a billion

>WB not having faith
We all know they had very litte faith, female superhero movies were always epic failures, it had the smallest box office and least experienced director.

They probably expected 500 millions at best, never +700

*smallest production budget

Test.

> B-but Ike said female cape movies always b-bomb?

Is...is Ike Perlmutter a...moron?

> Bad female superhero movies bomb.

> Wonder Woman is not made by idiots ("Catwoman must be fighting evil cosmetic fashion people because those are lady things!")

As a Wondy fan, I'm just glad this film was successful. Diana's been severely neglected, and this might motivate editorial to start giving a shit.

Fucking hell, that was... shit, I don't even know what the hell that was, aside from just plain retarded.

It's so nice to finally have a female-led comic book movie that doesn't suck.