How did DC fuck up their dynamic this badly?

How did DC fuck up their dynamic this badly?

It's like the moment these two became canon they shit all over what made them such a fun pair in the first place.

Is Ivy the best cuckquean in comics?

Because they had to turn it into fanfiction for lonely lesbians.

Why exactly are they a couple?

Poison Ivy is an anti-hero who sees the true potential of her power. She can cure any disease and save the eco-system. Why would she fall for a psychotic woman who

Are you okay user?

I already explained why.

They fucked up the dynamic by making them canon now instead of before, the characters perse are different as they were before the reboot,for one Harley's addiction for the Joker is gone and Ivy doesn't have the villain aspect of her character anymore

If DC would have made them canon during Sirens of before that the dynamic would have been maintained since there weren't any radical changes to the characters back then

A-user?

Innuendo is more fun.

OH GOD THEY GOT HIM

Dini & Timm were the only ones who got these two right.

hottest mom/daughter relationship I've seen

But he didn't even say Candle Jack. What is this, Soviet R

>scissoring motion with her fingers
That's dirty Babs.

It's actually a bad ship because Poison Ivy is a walking, talking date-rape drug and giving her a healthy, two-sided meaningful relationship totally ruins the entire point of her character as a violent omnicidal misanthropist and eco-terrorist.

Poison Ivy as a violent omnicidal misanthropist isn't the most interesting Ivy though. I prefer her to still feel human even if she wishes she wasn't. Conflicted Ivy is best Ivy. Harley brings that out of her in a way no one else does.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Glorious.

Pro-tip: Harley and Ivy are not a couple. They're fuckbuddies at most. The only continuity that treats them as a romantic couple is Bombshells.

>Harley's addiction for the Joker is "gone"
Fixed that for you. It's gone until it isn't. Typical for any addiction.

No, it's gone completely, just check out whatever issue of Harley book or Squad, Harley barely mention him and she moved on completely, I say that as a fact

In her end-o more like.

Like I said, she's moved on until it's no longer convenient to have her moved on. This is the nature of comic books. If marriages can get undone and characters can get wiped completely from existence, then Harley can be reset too when the time is right.

And for the moment is "completely", which it doesn't defeat the point I made. Right now Harley & Ivy are different characters and so is the dynamic of them

Reminder that Ivy/Harley is a more flagrant example of sjw pandering than anything Marvel has done.

Isn't Harley dating a Deadpool's rip-off nowadays?

On par as Carol, I'd say. It totally destroyed Ivy as a character.

>Ivy/Harley is a more flagrant example of sjw pandering than anything Marvel has done.
You.

Nor does the point you made defeat the point I made. The fact that she's currently over Joker means absolutely nothing.

This issue encapsulates what the Harley/Ivy frienship dynamic is and it should be

Not even, it was blatant fap bait and nothing more.

yes, DC ruined their dynamic but at least we won't see that in canon but I understand now they can't be in the same frame cause there's always somebody saying "OH THEY ARE GAY" even when that's not the case in that cartoon/comic/film/whatever.

but what they were saying there is that HarleyIvy was ridiculous and you're being silly if you think they're a couple.

Worst part is they aren't even gay, they're non-exclusive girlfriends without the perils of monogamy what mean bisluts aka friends with benefits, emphasis on friends. If they're going to pander, they should do it right.

When we were happy and could read good stuff

heehe

>touch my husband's penis

I always found the relationship forced. Same shit over and over Harley acts crazy, Ivy acts autistic then for whatever reason they're together. Personally I think them breaking up is the best possible scenario they have nothing in common. The WORST thing is making it pseudo-canon because now and forever every retard is like "hurr durr m-muh pairing". Any woman/man Harley or Ivy will ever be with will be compared to the braindead romance of those HarleyxIvy.

>Ivy acts autistic then for whatever reason they're together
Ivy was always autistic.

She just doesn't know how to deal with somebody who keeps coming back despite abuse because neither of the two understand social cues.

If DC would have continue from here and made them canon around this time the dynamic wouldn't have changed at all, since Ivy is still Ivy and Harley is still Harley.

The times are completely different for Harley AND Ivy, for once Ivy has IvyLeague REEE-ing at every instance of her no being a hero, even though that goes against her character, and Harley has the Squad-casual that see her as a hero past the abuse of the Joker and past her relantionship with Joker that will REE at any instance of her being with the Joker or being abuse by him or being a villain.

The pairing , the friendship itself suffered thanks to the reboot and it hasn't recovered ever since and it doesn't have a chance to recover if Palmiotti and Conner are still on the Harley solo. DC needs to go back to the past woth Harley & Ivy for them to recover

Literally the worst ship in all of comics

Literally nothing is different now from what you posted. Just admit you're mad because Harley isn't in costume anymore.

I'll never walk away from you, Pamela ;_;

>Shippers think this character is somehow "redeemable"

Did you even read the issue? Becasue to me it seems like you didn't. Ivy personality to Harley in that issue is completely different to the one . For one she doesn't get carried away by Harley's idea at first annd doesn't act like a puppy in love like she acts nowadays.

>Poison Ivy is an anit-hero
I hate this meme so goddamn much

nah, that means "We wanted publicity but they're gays or bi-sluts in non canon, Harley and Ivy are straight in canon so don't worry boys"

>Poison Ivy is an anti-her

That's the worst version of Poison Ivy that there is.

It's what's coming. They won't have her be a villain in a Sirens film.

Not if they kill off Leto especially.

They shouldn't be a couple under any circunstance.

that's a well written page though.

They won't kill Leto. Girls love cholo Joker and chicks dig the DCEU for some reason

Hitler loved Eva Braun, user.

Or do you live in some world where bad people don't fall in love?

The Harvest story was garbage, tho.

It's not real love they're feeling. Just selfish needs for control and possession.

I don't understand what you said.

Humans are more complicated than that, user. Horrible people are capable of love just like good people are capable of hatred.

Buenos Dias Ivy!

Dunno, it feels pretty real

>Humans are more complicated than that
That they are.

But we're talking about narcissists and sociopaths. They are very simple.

Is that what your psych degree tells you, user?

But Joker has good in him. Martian Manhunter and the Spectre both said so.

it was a mistake to make them a fun pair in the first place.

I remember shortly before this she was saving orphans in Gotham Park.

See, you have to take writers to task, user.

It doesn't matter what one writers tries, because some other guy can come along and just make the character completely backslide.

He doesn't

ITT: Girls kissing girls, not kissing you

>nothing's canon, except what I say

Exactly!

what issue is this from?

Someone call an ambulance, Senator McCain had another stroke

Batman: Harley & Ivy #3

I wish the producers were like this again to both of them, especially Timm

Not even Dini gives a shit anymore.

Then why has he been writing all those Harley loves Joker shorts in recent months?

Meant about Harley/Ivy. They even removed the triangle with Red Tool from her main story.

I meant animation-wise, Timm without someone breathing down his neck give us trash like Killing Joke and Bats & Harls

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. Timm ships the crackiest of ships and Dini has moved on.

In terms of story, plot. Timm have been sloppy since his been having a lot of freedom. What's so hard to understand?. Timm needs someone to tell him what should he write and what he souldn't otherwise he goes full-on trash

Timm has always just cared about his own crackships.

But at least he produced good content, granted he had a good team behind his back so maybe it's less about Timm and more about the team (Murakami, Cooke, Dini, Burnett, Tucker, etc)