Adventure Time

Good news: Here's the title card of Abstract, the next episode of Season 8 (or 9 thanks to CN's stupid move)

Bad news: It's still on hiatus

From a production standpoint it's season 8, from a airing and scheduling thing it's 9

>CN hiatus have killed off any discussion this show once had
>feelsbadman.jpg
I miss last year when we had frequent talkbacks. It wasn't until we had an episode each month and then no episodes for months multiple times that all discussion was gone. Releasing half a season every few months is a great way to kill the show thanks a lot CN

I think the hiatus might be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully this means by the time it comes back they'll be able to air the remaining episodes regularly till the finale.

you and i both know they're not going to do that

I'm impressed we still can have ((proper)) threads considering the way CN has been consistently shitting on its schedules. Last weeks thread was great:

>any network that airs cartoons
>airing anything regularly

Well, it takes ~9 months to make an episode. The last episode was pitched late December. So all the episodes should be finished relatively soon. It would make sense that they're saving them up so they can air them all in a row.

They're saving them up because CN wants to drag out the show as long as possible an air them at times that are designed to get the best ratings or something like that. t
That's why SU has been going on hiatus for ridiculously long amount then getting bombs of multiple episodes. The episodes are done, they just aren't airing them.

hiatus is too long

>The episodes are done, they just aren't airing them
They aren't completely done yet. Still got some post-production left.

the production stopped in early january.

POST-production.

>last episode boarded around december
nope, only boarding ended around then: there was still some months left to do the final model sheets and backgrounds, and it takes a few months for the episodes to be animated
post-production should wrap up september-ish

Not all done, but certainly far enough ahead that they could air them once a week and be totally fine.

given how muto stated on ask FM that (counting shorts) the series will be 142 half hours

>season 1
13 half hours
>season 2
13 half hours
>season 3
13 half hours
>season 4
13 half hours
>season 5.1
11 half hours (13 counting the canceled tv movie)
>season 5.2
15 half hours (to round out season 5 as 26 half hours)
>season 6
22 half hours
>(producton) season 7
20 half hours
>(production) season 8
presumably 13 half hours
>(production) season 9
presumably 9 half hours (just like the final seasons of Camp Lazlo and Chowder, and akin to the final season of flapjack)

>(advertised) season 7
13 half hours
>(advertised) season 8
14 half hours
>(advertised) season 9
30 half hours

c'est la vie

CN manages to air TTG on a fairly regular basis. It must be a struggle for them, but somehow they pull it through.

>the episode in which Jake returns to his dog form
I can't wait to see Sup Forums shit their pants over this one

I don't know what people would be expecting, it's Adventure Time. How many times has it done this sort of thing? Like 7 times now or something like that? I feel like anyone still onboard at this point has come to terms with this shot.

oh yeah I was in that thread, man it was amazing

>anyone thinking Jake's appearance would be permanent
>when they are already talking about turning him back in the same episode they're in
If anyone unironically complains when Jake turns back they better prepare to be shat on relentlessly.

I get the feeling that they wanted to explore Jake's parentage for a while now. Then when they knew the show was ending soon, they just went for it, along with other loose ends, so it must've been very tricky trying to resolve all of it. My worry is that this means some plot threads like Jake's new form might not get the attention they deserve as AT sprints towards the end. I expect this final season to be pretty crazy.

I do know that when it ends that there's going to be an influx of posters vexed that their headcanon ending didn't happen instead of judging the finale and how it fit the show. If the AT team made bubbline happen we're going to have to deal with retards that think it was anything like LoK.

I left the Adventure Time train after the writes collectively shit the bed in Season 5/6 but I've caught up recently and actually enjoy the newer seasons.

Getting pretty hyped for the finale.

>Bad news: It's still on hiatus
How exactly is that bad news again?

even people who like the show want it to end

Kind of. I think it's a good time to end it but I would've liked maybe 10-20 more episodes.

>Expect Elemental to be creepy
>Drops the creepy aspect two episodes in
>Turns into another Lumpy Space Princess episode

what for

I liked Elements but LSP ruined any chance it had of being a 10/10.

More adventures.

same here user

It'll be pretty funny if they do confirm bubbline. The fallout here will be entertaining to say the least.

>starts out as cute, charming, whimsical fun kids show with episodic little adventures reminiscent of classic video games like Zelda
>goes full tumblr with "muh serious storyline, muh emotional characters, muh dark backstory, muh angst" but does all those things embarrassingly poorly
why do people still watch this trash

Because it's one of the most original and creative tv shows of all time.

wew lad

Say what else you will about AT, but you can't take that away from it.

>over 9 weeks since last AT episode

Because The Lich is a good character

>cocktease that never actually does anything
>good character

at least is not another poochie

Which reminds me that I had the link for the comics bookmarked, for anyone interested:
mega:#F!g8RA3a4J!ONkaQn9da6X3k4VwzSKoWQ

>mfw still waiting

kek

The hiatus will never end