LGBTQ Marvel

So Marvel put out the list of their LGBTQ characters. This of course doesn't protect anyone from being Jean'ed in the future.

marvel.com/comics/discover/766/marvel-pride?linkId=39279466

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w_ssy-DSNnw
news.marvel.com/comics/67931/mark-end-pride-month-marvel/
youtube.com/watch?v=OUP_9BB6zWo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not listing Hercules
Still pretty fucking pissed about this.

>More than half the list are mutants

>lets Jeen mind-rape Bobby into being 100% gay
>goes on the record to say that Herc is 100% straight
Fucking Marvel, man.

>absolutely no cute boys
Make Evan Sabahnur and Sam Alexander gay and in love with each other already Marvel. I bet this is something even Sup Forums would get behind.

It's almost like mutants weren't meant to reproduce.

atleast they didn't list ultimate Jessica Drew

youtu.be/w_ssy-DSNnw

This video killed me ........

What is with Marvel's "there's no such thing as bi-sexuals" stance?

>Marvel pride

Is Mystique really someone you want to drape in the rainbow flag? She's an assassin, a racist/specist, she abused then abandoned her son (Graydon), and a terrorist.

Its not Sjw enough. most gays think Bisexuals still have straight privilege whatever that fucking means

>No Toni
>No Pod
>No Raz
>No Max
>The two other gay X-Kids aren't there
>No Flatman
>Lesbian Inhuman pilot isn't there
>Daken
>None of the Bi X-Men
>No Hercules
Had to check the actual article, Daken is the only person I listed that was named. That aside, what kind of dumbass makes an article like this on the last day of Pride month?

where the fuck is Loki ? they have other shape shifters on this list but not Loki. OH RIGHT they don't wanna imply that his actor is gay

>no flatman

I know his comic was cancelled but come on.

>lesbian inhuman that's been a major character in two ongoings
>not mentioned
>gay inhuman that literally only exists to be O5 Iceman's arm candy and cause drama
>included
What the actual fuck.

Some more not listed are on the actual article

news.marvel.com/comics/67931/mark-end-pride-month-marvel/

My headcannon is that Herc is greek-straight, like Achilles. Its the stance that its not gay if its cute/feminine.

>Jean Lesbos the Marvel Universe is a book I would like very much to see.

*blocks your path*

youtube.com/watch?v=OUP_9BB6zWo

>no Nightmask

They're promoting America Chavez. Next to that trainwreck, Mystique is positive representation.

see
The whole LGBTPBBG++¿ community loves to out gay each other. Which makes sense when you understand the whole thing is one massive insecurity complex. Bi is either 'not really gay', 'gay just to afraid to admit their gay' or 'doesn't exist.'
>Is Mystique really someone you want to drape in the rainbow flag? She's an assassin, a racist/specist, she abused then abandoned her son (Graydon), and a terrorist.
It's disingenuous to only portray LGBTPBBQ++¿ people positively. If you really want to be 'diverse' and work towards 'equality' and 'acceptance' you have to treat these characters honestly. Like actual, honest to God, flawed human beings.

Faggot

I'm guessing there's people that are upset that this list is so short not knowing it's not remotely complete.

Nobody likes bisexuals, just ask /lgbt/.

In ancient Greece it's only gay if you're on bottom

>didn't list Captain Marvel
>didn't list Spider-woman
Shippers on suicide watch!

This was a great book that died way too soon.

Are there three lgbt months a year?

It's always virtue-signalling month

Wasn't Achilles the eromenos to Patroclus' erastes, though?

>marvel does everything they can to screw up themselves from poor diversity to keeping Bendis as a worker
>sperg out when it works and proceeds to blame everyone else for its failure
Autism at its finest

Has anyone notice how any femme fatale character is bisexual now? I'm not mad or complaining, but it seems weird that Black Cat, Catwoman, Harley, Mystique and pretty much any morally ambiguous female with sex appeal is a bisexual

>Evan Sabahnur

Who the fuck is this? I've only read tiny bits of the current Nova run

Kid Apocalypse has been around for like half a decade

At least Mystique makes sense. I hate the label because it's fucking retarded in real life, but if anyone is genderfluid it's fucking Mystique

Lesbians is also save diversity since those reprehensible straight white men will still fap to it

Herc only fucks the feminine. If it's a boy, it's a boy, but he's thinking of a girl. He's classic Greek. Ladyboys are girls to him, so he's always ducking straight

Hercules being completely straight was part of his PR release for his most recent solo

Marvel is stupid and has shitty writers who are out of touch and out of date

Pretty much 99.9% of the females whom YOU would consider SJW are totally fine with it. The females who simply want to slash males with other males and females with other females are pretty much clueless pre-teen virgins, Japanese or Korean pre-teen/teen virgins or sluts.

Gay men are almost never SJWs the way YOU define it and they are the ones who think a bi guy is the same as a white black person who doesn't get stopped by cops or scares people after dark.

>whole LGBTPBBG++¿ community loves to out gay each other

"Alex, I'll take 'what do basement dwellers with few clue knows about homosexuality for $800"

>Nobody likes bisexuals, just ask /lgbt/.

Closeted bi-guys who want to fuck a tight ass AND/OR want someone who will GLADLY suck their DICK and WILL ALSO SWALLOW want a word with you

>No Cloud or Masque when they canon change genders

Midnighter was always gay though, also he's no stuck with some group like justice league so you're not forced to watch

>Hercules was known for his sexual prowess with woman and men
I am 100% convinced Marvel don't actually care about social progression like they claim, they just know this is controversy and controversy sells

>Kid Apocalypse

Thanks I'll wiki - I hardly ever read any Marble that isn't Spidey and most of that is recent spidey. The few current books I look at aren't really about the kid Marvel supers (I'm assuming Space Venom is a lot older than he's drawn).

>Later we learned that they first met when the shapeshifting Mystique lived as a man, becoming partners first and eventually lovers regardless of gender.

Feminine penis

Being bisexual, as in a real one, the gay community hates us because we're essentially normal.

It's a pathological envy and contempt for normalcy.

Bisexuals are good sluts, but that's about all they're good for, and protect yourself accordingly. Never get into a serious relationship with a bisexual.

Jean has been busy.

It's not just marvel, BIsexuals rank very low on the interesctionality scale, so for the fuckers who use it as a full on caste system, they actually get discriminated against a lot.

See also: Bi erasure.

>contempt for normalcy.
Wow

That really explains pride parades, doesn't it?

Black Cat isn't bisexual? In comics, the only way to prove a character is LGBT is by:

1 Having them openly say they are LGBT
2 Having them kiss a member of their same gender
3 Having them in an implied sex scene with someone of their same gender

I don't think Black Cat has ever done any of the three.

Judge user on suicide watch

It's an understandable contempt. Gays have been treated like monsters by the west, and most homosexuals of both genders have experienced sexual assault before adulthood.

Bitterness is the least you would expect.

lol Sup Forums gets triggered by Marvel supporting LGBTQ, what a bunch of broflakes

>by the west
And only the west, right?

>most homosexuals of both genders have experienced sexual assault before adulthood.
Wait what?

Is that a result of BEING homosexual or sexual trauma is CAUSING homosexuality?

I blame the movie, it made any cosmic character that isn't dance off bro, meme raccoon, little tree, big guy autist or green angry lady; irrelevant in the minds of the retards at Marvel Comics

Thanos

And not a single one is as good as Midnighter. Can't believe WildStorm of all things shits all over present day Marvel's best attempts at diversity.

>what kind of dumbass makes an article like this on the last day of Pride month

Marvel, in a nutshell

MC2 Black Cat is bisexual, I'm not sure about 616.

>Bobby has become the definitive LGBT Marvel character despite only being LGBT for 2-3 years

Eh, nah. I'm gonna ignore this and just pretend that Deadpool is their flag bearer.

Rebelling against societal norms is a normal part of society. For people with that emotional drive, it doesn't matter what the current norms are, they are against it. If gay is normal, they need to be trans, or some boutique sexuality or furry. When that gets normalized, they'll go pedo, or maybe islamic fundamentalist, or get into giga cucking or raceplay.

Trying to recontextualize shit to bigotry really doesn't fly. The amount of backlash isn't really porportional to the amount of repression. And there are parts of America, both now and historically where gays have had positive discrimination.

Check a circut party next to the Folsom street fair, with say a gay pride parade in Salt Lake city.

It's not an exhaustive list!

Judge user will be fine. Duggan might be resurrecting Phyla, so he still has something to live for.

>Gays have been treated like monsters by the west
>muh evil west!
>is not like homosexuals are persecuted in pretty much all non western countries!
tumblr detected

LITERALLY NOT CANON

>faggotry is maladaption to sexual assault
Lets rev up those shock pads then.

But their heart is still beating.

1. No one read the book, unfortunately.

2. That was too subtle for Marvel.

>Bobby suddenly full gay after decades of dicking women

>One of the most subtle and obvious Bisexual characters is straight now because ???!??

I don't believe anything Sup Forums says about Marvel and Sup Forums topics anymore.

I say this is another Sup Forums shitpost lie. Someone needs to be banned for this shit.

Quick test: Is Cyclops on that list? Is Jean Grey? Is Wolverine? Is Carol Danvers? Spiderwoman? Professor X? Magneto? Wong? That blonde Powerpack girl?

If not then the list is fake. Of course.

The gay threads have been making a good case for Gay Cap for some time now, and the movies don't exactly rule it out.
So why the fuck would Marvel ever tie their hands about what could be the biggest plot-twist in that franchise?

Answer: THEY WOULDN'T.

So this is obviously some shithead trying to fuck with Marvel's fans on Sup Forums YET AGAIN.

I like how you list mostly characters who are not confirmed as anything

Don't push your oddly internalized homophobia on a story that doesn't have to respect all your whining for censorship, all to protect your vulnerable sense of masculinity.

Shitheads like you couldn't cope with Hercules being gay, so Marvel cowed under.
"Oooooh! That proves something!" ... moron.

Not even Hercules and Gov. Gen. Howlett from X-treme X-Men Vol. 2?

>every Marvel character is gay
This isn't even an SJW thing, this is outright autism

THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT!!!!

What good would it have done Marvel to put out a bullshit "Iceman's not gay but Hercules is!" list BEFORE writing the stories where they come out of the closet???

Storm, Kitty Pryde, and Rachel Summers are all still "officially" 100% straight.
They have yet to do any story where those PAINFULLY OBVIOUS LESBIANS come out as gay.
WHY THE FUCK RUIN THAT POTENTIAL TO TELL A STORY???

Fucking Christ, you morons, they're in the business of telling stories.
And what do you know, this just so happens to comport with the shitposters recent calls for identification.

Marvel? More like Fagvel, am I right?

There are risks with acknowledging it. the progressive comics community would just demand more

NO, autism is this not being the only gaybash Marvel thread that this OP has put up tonight and is self-bumping.
It's bad enough bigots like you are pushing your Sup Forums shit into every Marvel thread, in order to make it harder for Sup Forums to actually discuss Sup Forums topics, but now you're making shit up to feel like you're right because you can point to a link-lie.
Wake up, nobody who doesn't already want to believe your lies is as dumb as you. Stop pretending we are.

1/2

Go back to Tumblr

Seriously, you can get all the good guy points you want with an account you have a name on.

disclaimer 1: These panels happened in a dream, the one detail everyone always omit when posting these

disclaimer 2: Claremont no longer works at Marvel and was actually forbidden to use certain characters like Kitty for his last book, Nightcrawler

disclaimer 3: Lesbian describes a female who only likes women. Not only has Kitty rejected Karma and told her she doesn't go that way, but she has also been involved with 5 men according to the Marvel wikia and fell in love with plenty more. All this acknowledged in panel. The only way to turn her into a FULL LESBIAN would be to do a 'you're gay' Bendisism, which I'm sure you'd love because you clearly have shit taste.

What would a DC version of the list look like? They tend to do bisexuals, which earn 0 SJW points.

First, of course it's a dream. Illyana says it several times during the two pages. First, she says that Kitty shouldn't even be at the school because she is away injuried, and that her brother is dead. Croppig just the tickling panels would be trying to mislead people.
Second, you assumed that it was Kitty that the post was about, not the person who was gay in an AU story and has barely had any romantic partners.
I do agree with you that they would 100% botch a Kitty coming out of any closet story in Modern Marvel if they ever tried that out.

>And only the west, right?
No? How did i even imply that.

>Is that a result of BEING homosexual or sexual trauma is CAUSING homosexuality?

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to get funding to study these types of things, so we can only go off statistically significant data points in other studies. But, basically, there is an extremely strong correlation between sexual abuse during puberty and homosexuality in both males and females.

For example, about 40% of child sex abuse is homosexual, despite only 2% of the population identifying as such. There's clearly some sort of correlation.

That's just not true.

See top response.

I assumed it was about Kitty because the post you linked especifically named her but not Illyana. If you were talking about Illyana then my apologies.

really makes you think

Good Christ what did they do to you, Carol

Didn't they JUST kill Wiccan this week?

>0 SJW points

You obviously only pay attention to the idea of what SJW means inside /co as opposed to the reality of the real world.

Apparently Carol went for both a breast and ass reduction following her image change

Longer and hotter.

The only moron here is you.

>0 SJW points
worked with Korra

I only kind of like 3 of Marvel's LGBT characters (Karolina, Mystique, Wiccan), while I'm a fan of 8 of DC's (Montoya, Scandal, Selina, Harley, Diana, Alan Scott, John, Kate).

Nah, most people here are angry that Marvel doesn't even know half of its own characters.

I'm not criticizing it. I'm saying DC has better LGBT characters. And they treat them better, too.

Nice. Needs more guys though.

Since when is harper a lesbian ?