Upcoming CN Original series

Predict which of CN's upcoming Original shows have the greatest chance of killing TTGO in the ratings, and which have the greatest chance of crashing and burning.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/04/30/business/media/nbcuniversal-childrens-channel.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Top left and bottom right look bad. Top right and bottom left look mediocre

Ok K.O. is pretty great. Not sure about the others.

None of these are going to live past 2018. OK KO might have the biggest chance

Apple and Onion and Craig of the Creek seem promising. I thought Apple and Onion would be terrible but I saw the minisode yesterday and it was actually pretty good. Craig of the Creek's artstyle looks pretty good and the story sounds pretty good too, so let's hope it does beat TTG. I haven't watched any of O.K KO so i'm not sure on that. The summer camp show looks like trash so i'm pretty sure it won't work

OKKO's probably going to be the most popular one, though I haven't seen anything of the bottom left one.

The real question is if CN itself lives past 2018.
Or cable TV in general, really.

TTGO isn't locked in with them, they are all locked in with TTGO.

It's looking bad for CN whose most popular show is lucky to scrape 2m viewers on a new episode but what's the situation with Disney and Nick nowadays?

OK K.O probably has the best chance out of them all. It's actually pretty decent I might add. Crashing and burning? Probably Apple and Onion, I have no hopes for that one.

I didn't mind Apple and Onion. What's bottom left?

craig of the creek

Isn't Nick even worse off?

Disney seems to be doing reasonably well though

Can you honestly think of any cartoons on that channel that people actually talk about in the world besides Spongebob and FOP?

Disney XD is trucking along

>Disney seems to be doing reasonably well though

With what? Their whole schedule is filled with teen sitcoms that nobody watches and really the only cartoons they air is mostly preschool shit. Disney is no better.

I think he meant XD

Surprisingly not. It's getting better ratings and is holding steady. Disney Channel isn't doing so hot and CN seems to be standing in place. XD could be doing better, if it wasn't a premium channel.

nytimes.com/2017/04/30/business/media/nbcuniversal-childrens-channel.html

Nick is premiering their own version of Gravity Falls next month (Welcome to the Wayne), they have a solid Slice-of-Life cartoon (Loud House), and ol' reliable Spongebob to support their ratings.
Loud House always scores near 2 million views, and I think their new show will do well too.

XD lives off it's app now. Apparently more of it's viewers use it. That's why their new promos say "Watch the new episode of ____ anywhere you watch Disney XD" and don't give the actual times the show airs.

They will only last a month all episodes will be dumped early in the morning with no advertising the most the network would care about it is a TTG marathon on the day it ends

What in literal shit has happened to cartoons?

What the fuck is the top left? It looks terrible

They will
TTG has good ratings

>Welcome to the Wayne
that show that will most likely get shipped to Nicktoons halfway through its first season and silently canceled?

>Known Apple and Onion crewmembers
creator George Gendi (boarder on Gumball)
director Benton Connor (boarder on Regular Show)
boarder? Nick Edwards (boarder on Uncle Grandpa

>Summer Camp Island
creator Julia Pott (story writer on Adventure Time starting with Elements)
Kent Osborne (board director and outline writer on season 3 of spongebob, board director and occasional story writer on Camp Lazlo, boarder on season 1 of phineas and ferb, boarder and story editor on Flapjack, boarder and eventually Head of Story on Adventure Time, story consultant on early Gumball)
Jack Pendarvis (story editor on adventure time starting with late season 5, writer on season 9B of spongebob)
Steve Wolfhard (boarder on AT that occasionally writes the outlines for own episodes)
Sam Alden (boarder on AT)

>Craig of the Creek
creators Matt Burnett and Ben Levin (aka For Tax Reasons, story editors on Steven Universe)
Staff Writer Jeff Tamrell (worked on Harvey Beaks)
Tiffany Ford (color stylist on season 1 of SU, boarder on Clarence)
Stu Livingston (storyboard revisionist on season 1A of SU, boarder on Penn Zero and Clarence)
Shauna McGarry (works on clarence)

The wrong people won WW2

That is basically what CN is doing
seems like the execs are currently caring more about how the CN and Boomerang apps are doing than about the actual ratings

Apparently Mighty Magiswords got picked-up for a second season because it did well on the app

Summer camp has the best talent working on it.

Disney also seems to care about their apps more than anything else; that's the reason by Star vs is considered a success (despite piss poor ratings)

>TTG has good ratings
It has mediocre ratings

Summer Camp Island looks terrible, even by concept
>animal kids who want to relax and be normal in a supposed crazy camp... by being boring and talking about feelings.
Yeah, that's something kids ould find interesting. 2 sticks in the mud complaining each episode without any emotion. Even if they were screaming there would be some humor to it, but it just looks so boring...
>Ok. KO
still looks good, has trusted talent on it
>Apple and Onion
looks dumb. the pilot was unfunny and awkward. maybe kids would like it, but the characters aren't really intersting looking, and the world is bland.
the premise just seesm to be
-two weirdos be weird
-the world doesn't like them
-they try to be normal, but end up being weirder
-people like them less
-they learn to be themselves and are liked
>Craig of the Creek
can't really say anything about this show, but with that name and that image, looks like it's gonna be kid fights fantasy creatures in the real world show. could be good, need to see more

Jesus Christ I know old cartoons never looked GOOD either but there was an attempt to actually look like something

Summer Camp Island also has some pretty trustworthy talent on it

already lovin' OK KO
apple and onion doesn't look bad, but it also doesn't look to my taste
not a fan of Summer Camp Island's look but the known crew's got me curious
Craig of the Creek looks decent

TTG nowadays is getting close to the same ratings as Problem Solverz did on premiere nights. Yep.

So what do you expect from Unikitty? It'll be sad if yet another show outside of Cartoon Network studios does better on the network than their own.

would explain why they air it less

won't ever air properly
will be shoved into a death slot and air once per week, so that there is more time for YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW