Tumblr webcomics get movies now. WTF?

screenrant.com/nimona-movie-2020-release-date/

Other urls found in this thread:

failingsky.com
lastmechanicalmonster.blogspot.com
gingerhaze.com/nimona/comic
panelsyndicate.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What the fuck is this retarded hair in a clearly medieval setting?

Might as well complain about Asterix historically too nigga.

Relax, it's fiction.

I don't care if it tumblr as long as it isn't too annoying. I'm just fucking happy a comic got adapted into a cartoon instead of a live action movie. I hope it's aimed at an older audience and does well financially.

I read the first few pages, looks cute.

Minecraft and five nights at Freddie's are getting movies, anything's possible

>fat short chicks with tall skinny men

STOP IT

Wow, this art style makes my eyes hurt.

oh cool, i really liked the story, would be down to see that

What other webcomics would you like to see get adapted?

I personally would love a Gunnerkrigg Court series.

Clt alt del. Just some that scene can be live action

Huh. Considering Fox's other animated stuff, I wonder if they're gonna try animating this in 3d.

Good. Nimona was fucking cash.

this art style is the most unpleasant thing ive ever looked at

It's so Tumblr it hurts, those feet are grounds for execution

How's Minecraft gonna work? Just basic survival thriller?

That's pretty neat.

I thought it was a hat.

people with lots of money get to do whatever they won't. don't like it? get the fuck out of america

Probably like the lego movie

>noelle stevenson

I've stabbed so many women who have turned me down

Oh no, it's retarded

To be fair a few people among millions doing that is enough to make people worried about their safety. Not that that person is normal but she's using a valid point, misinterpreting it and making it into a crazy crusade against anyone who disagrees.

TUMBLER KNEES

>To be fair a few people among millions doing that is enough to make people worried about their safety.

She doesn't have a valid point. She's a stupid cunt. Women kill people too bro. Just last week my coworker's friend was shot by his ex who he tried to break up with but kept stalking him. And they have other ways to ruin your life. Men have plenty to be afraid of when dealing with a crazy woman.

A reason a lot darker than you expected.

What exactly is her webcomic about anyway? Is it good?

I'm so fucking tired of these lazy tumblr styles

>women have no right to be concerned because they can be shitty people too
>men should stfu because some of them are horrible people who stab women
You sound almost exactly like that dumb cunt, with a tiny bit less crazy. Both women and men can be shitty people and it manifests itself the most clearly when strong emotions are involved. On average a woman is far less of a physical threat, so of course men are more likely to physically threaten women. If you think that's not true you're an idiot. But that doesn't mean there's less shitty women, just that there are different ways they cause harm, often less visible. Threat of a shitty man is immediate while the threat of a shitty woman tends to be prolonged.

You're being unreasonable, his point wasn't that one is more or less dangerous than the other, but that you start fearing a large portion of the population irrationally

Just because there are crazies doesn't rationalize her opinion or anyone fearing both genders, it's like when I was 7 and thanks to the news I became nervous whenever I saw a brown man with a backpack on the train

Sometimes I dream of Sup Forums before tumblr and burst into tears upon waking to this broken timeline.

And I did say that she's crazy, but that it's reasonable to complain that a certain type of crimes tend to happen more. Men have all the right to complain about having their lives ruined because some crazy bitch decided to accuse them of something but at the same time women have the right to be cautious around strangers in some situations because they feel threatened. I didn't say SHE has a valid point, I said that she took a point that is valid and then changed it to fit her own crazy world view.
Me too, and yet somehow I doubt you're making it any better with your presence. Being an edgy angsty 15 year old just to trigger tumblr is making this place far more shit than the people who would come here and then leave otherwise.

>Being an edgy angsty 15 year old just to trigger tumblr

Not sure when I did anything remotely like this, tumblr. You're the tumblr defending a tumblr cunt by pretending she has a valid point, tumblr.

Let's do a storytime. Because people some people have not read it, if your going to hate something you might as well read it.

Calling people tumblr the second anything gender related comes up, which it does way too often for a board about comics and cartoons, is exactly an example of being an edgy 15 year old. Having no reading comprehension helps with the 15 year old part too.

my opinion is just that it's okay and like most Noelle Stevenson stuff, it's pages don't flow well into each other. You can tell this was a webcomic first, not a graphic novel.

Poppy O' Possum

That looks like it could either go mildly amusing way or be a tryhard garbage.

oof I forgot how bad the initial art was.

>proudcuck.jpg

Okay tumblr. You can go back to hating all men now because some men do something that some women also do.

I would not call it tryhard but it does suffer from the common webcomic problem that it does not know how to shift into being dramatic and be effective.

Why is she shaking his right arm with her left arm? Is that a thing?

JUST in case your dumb Blackheart is the real lead in this.

yes the subtext is text this came from Tumblr.

You're not helping your cause of appearing mature, not that I think you're trying to, but either way I've gotten my fill of talking with children for a month thanks to you.

I do like some of the story stuff.

We're just a few pages in and I already like this better than her more famous work. You're right in that it's very static. I'm not sure how it would look in animation.

Where do you think you are?

Now if you think the SCIENCE! is bad now, wait to you see the character who is the embodiment of that later.

both the art and storytelling is dreadful so far

I don't see the problem, why the wtf?

If it makes you feel better this won an Eisner....I'm not sure why either.

Not on /r9k/, reddit, or tumblr. But I think I'm living in the past aren't I?
The writing is a bit weird but it's the start so I hope it gets better, the art looks like it could look neat with some improvements but it's too wonky as is. I can't get over the hair though.

Do they fuck?

and I forgot the image.

Blackheart is more into blondes

I kinda dig the art.

But i hate that the blond "prince charming" is the villian of the series. In this context thats just typical "the one that looks good is the bad one" trope.

And why are there modern things but in we see that its medievil.

Besides why does his lance shoot stuff if he uses that for a lance fight.

It really feels a little bit as if a 8 year old made that, which isnt bad in itself, but very random. Even in Adenture Time or Ritter Rost its was like a rule, here its more like "cant think of anyother thing than that"

Okay this page is pretty cool. Then again it's hard to ruin an action sequence.

Another problem with the writing is that you can tell it comes from Tumblr, from the silly nature of interactions, and the fact that this feels like a fanfiction to a story I never read,

Even Tumblr webcomics threads will be turned into capemovie threads.

This webcomic setting might make more sense in a superhero context to be fair with all this medevil science going around.

>gets shot in the left arm
>loses right arm
Wtf is this bullshit?

That's a good description, I couldn't decide how exactly to say that. The question is, does it get better? A lot of stories have a mediocre start so it's forgiveable as long as it improves.

Funny thing is, that tumblr and female artists like to selfinserts.
And make them super powerfull and mary sue

Now let's introduce the main issue with Noelle's work, instant gratification, you know that thing you were worried about? Well don't worry about Danger or suspense I solved everything on one page and if I didn't, it is solved on the next one. I don't want to make people worried. It was the main reason I don't like Lumberjanes.

How is that funny? Most of them are either teenagers or mentally teenagers, and it's what all teenagers do.

How did this mediocre garbage secure a movie deal compared to webcomics like Kill 6 Billion Demons?

Is this another one of those cases where the creator is another Lena Dunham with wealthy connected parents?

It's incredibly easy to ruin an action sequence, since most webcomic artists don't really have the paneling or artistic skill to portray it engagingly. Even good artists have problems with it.

>Is this another one of those cases where the creator is another Lena Dunham with wealthy connected parents?
gee I dunno take a guess

Never noticed that before holy shit.

>But i hate that the blond "prince charming" is the villian of the series
I haven't read the comic in a while, but I think that changes later on, like I remember he became more sympathetic and it's revealed he had feelings for the Blackheart guy

That they make comics about "anti tropes" but in the end use the most common tropes and booster their egos against their life.
Its just human and its like that they rebel against establishment but in the end they are establishment.

here were the eisner's for Nimona's category I will let you all decide if she deserves it or not....fucking can't believe Bandette lost to this.
Bandette, by Paul Tobin & Colleen Coover, Monkeybrain/comiXology.com
Failing Sky by Dax Tran-Caffee, failingsky.com
The Last Mechanical Monster, by Brian Fies, lastmechanicalmonster.blogspot.com
Nimona, by Noelle Stephenson, gingerhaze.com/nimona/comic
The Private Eye by Brian Vaughan & Marcos Martin panelsyndicate.com/

Then it's not an action sequence, it's a failed action sequence. I guess what I should've said that it's hard to ruin a page with mostly action on it drawn in a style that transfers movement well. The art is wonky but it does that well.

K6BD would be far too expensive to animate well and it's not safe for enough audiences.

Now this this is where things change, this webcomic got a book deal, and now we are at the part where this webcomic becomes a graphic novel, let's see how it weather's that storm.

When you put it like that it is a little. Though I'd say its more hypocritical than funny seeing how they often act all high and mighty about it.

>Kill 6 Billion Demons
KSBD is utter fucking insanity and would never see the light of day in Hollywood or any major animation studio unless some auteur took it under their wing. Getting movie deals is a combination of making enough of a splash to generate interest, putting yourself out there, and whomever is watching thinking it's worth enough of a go to actually bite. Nimona is weird, but it's more "quirky medieval adventures with a slight science twist" than "like something out of the Bhagavad Gita but intentionally more crazy." Not to mention it's got that nice marketable "indie woman author and Eisner win" thing going for it.

Because she did good promoting.
She has an agent, some awards and with Lumberjane a well known series in the biz.
And worked with marvel and disney.

She had overall luck and good conections.
Which is ok, since it seems she also worked for that luck.

If it seems like I've very crtical, keep in mind I like a lot about Nimona it's just it's flaws are huge. If I get a chance I will storytime a webcomic I really hate.

this is a 254 page thing so be careful when posting images guys.

Sure are a lot of butt hurt anons with no movie deals in this thread.

Good point.
It seems like she thinks in absolutes and order. So she tries to solve anything to be on track and dont forget something.
And i guess its like webcomics try to be more one-liner traditional, because it could suddenly ends. So she use what she trained or is used to.

So why doesn't he ditch her or give her to the guards? She seems to be out of control and causing a lot of damage and has absolutely nothing going for her besides being quirky, which I wouldn't exactly call a virtue or a reason to keep her around. Annoying friend who constantly messes things up is very rarely a good thing, more often than not they're the worst and most annoying character in a series and this one isn't even his friend, she just tags along.

>But i hate that the blond "prince charming" is the villian of the series. In this context thats just typical "the one that looks good is the bad one" trope.

I'm expecting a tilt where they're gay lovers.

If you're going to play the oldfag card, you might as well go all the way back to Sup Forums is love. Even when they're being precocious children.

The same author blows a whole lot of action sequences in Lumberjanes.

I didn't read the other contenders.
Best Graphic Album—Reprint
Nimona, by Noelle Stevenson (Harper Teen)
Angry Youth Comics, by Johnny Ryan (Fantagraphics)
Roses in December: A Story of Love and Alzheimer’s, by Tom Batiuk and Chuck Ayers (Kent State University Press)
The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal Omnibus, by E. K. Weaver (Iron Circus Comics)
Soldier’s Heart: The Campaign to Understand My WWII Veteran Father, by Carol Tyler (Fantagraphics)

Well technically you probably could do it with a animated Disney movie budget and enough whipped South Koreans, but I get the point as it would be infinitely cheaper and faster to animate something that already looks like trash

Also I do indeed see the problem with introducing to the general audience a character that consorts with legitimately amoral devils

Ok, hope so.

Wait, so which one is the actual set of nominations? Was it up for two years or something?

>Lumberjanes
I knew I recognised that name! I read the first 8 issues of that comic when it was storytimed on Sup Forums a while back... Biggest waste of my time in quite a while.