‘The Flash’ Star Candice Patton On Iris West’s New Role In The Team

heroichollywood.com/flash-candice-patton-iris-role-season-4/

>Candice Patton, who plays the ace reporter Iris West on the show, recently spoke with With An Accent’s Tatiana Hullender at the Saturn Awards where the actress also won an award for Best Supporting Actress on TV. While she couldn’t reveal much, Patton did confirm that the new season takes place six month after the events of “Finish Line” and that we will see an evolved Iris who is now leading Team Flash in Barry’s absence.

>“There are things that I want to say that I can’t say. I’ll say that starting off [the season], Barry’s in the Speed Force, we’re without our team leader and we do get to see a different version of Iris. She’s a bit harder and she’s without the love of her life. It is six months in the future, so we will see a kind of hardened Iris and she’s also more of a leader, she’s kind of had to step into his role as the leader of the Flash team, so there’s some changes happening for sure.”

YAAAAS QUEEN! Finally the writers pay attention to what the real fans want. Iris is the reason 99% of viewers tune in, so its about damn time she gets treated like the star she is!

>our team leader
If we learned anything, Barry is a shit team leader. Good thing Harry is back

Harry is best boy.

As long as they don't go full Felicity with her I'm OK with it.

Barry is a fine leader when he's allowed to lead.

She is already Felicity. She's just Felicity for black girls.

She's not as bad, yet somehow worse than Felicity. Even Felicity has an assigned role, one that's been stretched to ridiculous lengths, but still a role. Iris doesn't even do her job much anymore.

This will last like 30 minutes before Cisco reverses the polarity of his atomic nano-transponder and brings Barry back by the end of the first episode

She's sure good at looking disappointed at Barry and getting apologized to though.

So now it is Wally acting like a moron with Iris bossing him around in the earpiece. Go back to being a reporter.

Funny thing is Wally has gotten exponentially less shitty than when he was introduced but Iris has gotten worse.

Why can't they just make her the hard hitting reckless reporter that she is in the comics?

Why, why does tv and film always have to change the love interests? They always fuck up Mary Jane in the Spidey movies and now they refuse to let Iris be fucking Iris. She's supposed to be a smart, badass, stubborn reporter.

I wish they had killed this Iris and just brought over the Cop Iris.

Because that's Lois Lane.

I like the actress and have no issues with an interracial relationship. Besides which it gave us Best Dad, even with the weirdness of pseudo step-sister / adopted brother. But she went from being a barely interested in her community college education to blogger to newspaper 'journalist' to SuperSTAR. There's really no reason for her to BE at Star Labs 95% of the time. She really adds absolutely nothing to the team.

I've no issue with Joe, Iris and any other interested parties being around for major decisions or being in the know, but the SuperStars is already a huge team and the whole idea of Barry, by Season 3/4 having the need for a such a large team is ridiculous.

It should be a lot more like Lois & Clark or Smallville, where the hero occasionally needs to call on a scientist or friends/journalists, etc. for help.

>smart, badass, stubborn

Silver Age Iris was never this. And it's certainly not really true pre- or post-FP.

TV Iris fans like to pretend she's a character instead of Barry's cocksleeve.

This is false. Do you even read modern Flash comics?

And Iris West

>read modern Flash comics?
>read comics
>2k16+1
I don't read comics. I just shitpost about them.

Right, right. Because being characterized as Lois-lite in the last decade makes her good.

I'm glad Felicity triggers you little fuckfaces haha!

I'm okay with it. I was worried that the typical CW drama would lead to her ending up with a boyfriend in the typeskip to setback her relationship with Barry once he comes back.

Amell: "please let me go"

>Amell: "please save me, Sup Forums"
Fixed.

She's not shown doing any real reporter work - certainly nothing to suggest she's 'smart' or 'badass' or 'stubborn' -- much less hard hitting, in what little she is shown in post Cereal King's first fan fiction reimagining in the late 2000s, and she's barely in the early 2011-2014 Flash run.

I haven't read Rebirth but what I've seen of the story-times she's barely there and she's hardly going to steal a pulitzer from Lois or anyone else.

I dropped the CWverse after Flash season 2. How's it all going?

I realized recently why I've come to despise the CW-verse so much. It's because they are basically Marvel comics in terms of writing, plotting, and liberal/millenial pandering. Just look at any episode of Legends of Tomorrow or Supergirl.

Barry being trapped is gonna last like 2-3 episodes at the most.

He makes really terrible decisions that fuck up his own life and others' though...

She's nowhere near as bad as Felicity, pham. Her only insufferable moments were due to the show doing the oldest cliche ever of "brah, the love interest doesn't know the hero is a superhero" which did absolutely nothing for the plot or any character.

>the last word of Prometheus was "Felicity"

triggered the fuck out of me.

>and liberal/millenial pandering

Nigga, I'm a liberal millennial and the show's narrative is still pretty bad. If anything they're pandering to a steryotype of what they think a millennial is because they spend too much time at comic con absorbing dated memes.

>Nigga, I'm a liberal millennial
Opininon discarded. Back to fagitt you go, nerd cuck.

>looking disappointed
>getting apologized to
So she's basically every Jewish/Asian mother ever?

Can I just ask, what makes her qualified to lead the team?

>buzzwordsalad

"Opininon" discarded. Back to Sup Forums you go, nerd cuck

>triggered the fuck out of me.
Good :-)

>Run, Wally, run!

The only disappointing news is that there is only a six month gap. I was hoping it would be at least a year or two.

>a year or two.
For what purpose?

oh noes

looks like you better kill yourself then

>Iris is the reason 99% of viewers tune in
are you high?

>are you high?
/s

>brings Barry back by the end of the first episode
I hope so.

>that she is in the comics?
Nobody cares about canon.

>How's it all going?
Pretty good.

Was amell put to gun point in that left picture?

Six months is too little time for Wally to be a hero.

I think it will last till mid-season. They can't have the show without Barry as THE FLASH for too long, but then can milk out till the middle by at least having Barry.

I'm calling it now, Barry will be a "speed force mentor" that Wally has dreams/visions from that only he can see, to keep Barry/Grant Gustin in the show and on screen, but the actual character returning is going to be saved for that mid-season break.

They killed off Laurel for what reason again?

Can any CW comicbook series end a season without one character death?

>They killed off Laurel for what reason again?
To show how good Felicity is. She dies while singing her praises.
Felicity is literally Poochie.

>I think it will last till mid-season.

It won't.

>YAAAAS QUEEN!

You're more annoying than anyone you're trying to make fun of. Sup Forums discovering black slang was one of the worst things to happen to this website.

This.

>Was amell put to gun point in that left picture?
Why? Olicity is the purest form of love. You haters are all just fucking jealous.

>too little time for Wally to be a hero.
Kid Flash is already a hero.

>To show how good Felicity is. She dies while singing her praises.
Felicity is awesome. Get over it!

>she’s kind of had to step into his role as the leader of the Flash team,
Every single person in Star Labs is more qualified to be leader than her.

>Was amell put to gun point in that left picture?
he means Stephens awkward face expression

It isn't a CW or even comic thing, most shows these days love to either kill off a character or imply someone is in a situation where they are about to die then quickly cut away and never address it again for the rest of the finale. TV has been doing that annoying shit for years.

Wasn't it already said that he comes back the first episode with a speedforce nerf that makes Wally slower as well? Or was that someone bullshitting a while back? EIther way with a 6 month skip that already means he will be back almost immediately because the entire reason for those kind of skips are to show how everything changed before dumping a character back in the middle of it.

>Finally the writers pay attention to what the real fans want. Iris is the reason 99% of viewers tune in, so its about damn time she gets treated like the star she is!
You're being sarcastic, but at this point it legitimately is the reason most people tune in.

The people who liked the comic book stuff left after the season 2 finale, or at latest after watching Flashpoint be utter shit.

All that's left are the kind of inbreds and teenagers that like generic CW drama bait and are willing to watch garbage like Legends

Not to mention Joe, the actual only official member of law enforcement there. Pretty sure he has more experience leading people into tough situations and knows when the best moment to step out/rethink things is. Ignoring her lack of scientific knowledge that everyone from Star Labs has I do not see what she actually adds to the mix that is the missing ingredient for a good leader. In Flashpoint she lead/was partners with Wally because Cisco did not want to get involved and no one else knew, here there is no real reason.

>Ignoring her lack of scientific knowledge that everyone from Star Labs has
They only have knowledge when it's convenient for the plot or making a mcguffin, otherwise they're fucking retards.

Caitlin works in a particle accelerator and doesn't know what a singularity is

>are willing to watch garbage like Legends
But Legends was better than Flash or Supergirl this season

You're free to enjoy soap box messages shoved down your throats. I refuse.

I gave Legends a full season to git gud and it remained the dumbest writing I've ever fucking seen.

From what I've seen and heard of season 2 there is exactly one saving grace: the existence of Eobard Thawne. That's not enough to get me to come back to a show where an old man who has lived in the frozen time bubble at the last moment of existence for almost his entire life asked of a disappeared time machine: "Where did they go!?!?!? The future!!!?!?!?"

Not really. They are all followers. For Harridon/Harry.
Iris has shown good leadership skills. Theres no reaso. She cant lead the team when she told the initiative in Flashpoint and small moments afterwards.

What makes Cusco more qualified.
Caitlin sure as hell isn't.

And?

Johns is a complete retard when it comes to science and was a great flash writer.

Women can't lead.

Strong women can.

A kidney stone is better than Supergirl. Pissing out said kidney stone is better than Supergirl. Flash completely dropped the ball this season. But Legends was never fucking good. The Hawks and Savage ruined season 1, then everyone else ruined season 2.

>The Hawks and Savage ruined season 1
No, they were great.

her fucking mouth/teeth/smile
something about it kinda makes me want to kill myself

Pegasus was the worst on the show

>The Hawks
Why do you hate former Barista's user?

Black womyn

Ah yes, how did I never realize that the reporter was the right person to be in charge of a cop with command experience, and a room full of people who are smarter than her.

>"Central City is under attack, Wall... Oh he's already gone. Eggheads! Invent an improbable device that I won't understand to save the day. And I'm done."

Face it even Julian would have been a better choice than her. And he's a social retard who barely knows them.

i only watch legends for cait lotz(?)

I want to see that titty and fuck her til she's my bitch.

How does Flash season 3 work with the Legends messing up time

So that means she's going to be a character again instead of just Barry's cocksleeve?

Worst timeline
Thank Barry for it

Don't be ridiculous. the character development will all take place off screen, Barry will be back within the first half of the episode, and she goes back to being a characterless cumcatcher who occasionally gives a pep talk.

Who cares? Everyone in his life is pretty much interchangeable human meat shields. They're not even the same people from season 1 he's done so much shit to the timeline.

>she’s kind of had to step into his role as the leader of the Flash team

Well I already dropped Arrow I suppose it's time to drop Flash as well.