Convince me that Cyclops is a good character

Convince me that Cyclops is a good character.

He can shoot lasers out of his eyes

No. Live in eternal ignorance.

And he's Literally Hitler. He's Eye-Laser Hitler. What could be better?

Can someone explain what he did to become hitler? I don't read comics and haven't been paying attention at all for months but I keep seeing it being said

He dared to stand up for his people and not conform like the race traitors, Wolverine and Beast.

>8-month time gap after Secret Wars event.
>Cyclops became Literally Hitler, and died.
>Everyone hates Cyclops now.
>Death of X miniseries to finally reveal what happened.
>Cyclops tried to genocide the Inhumans by destroying their Terrigen Cloud because it had become deadly to mutants.
>Black Bolt kills Cyclops.
>It wasn't really Cyclops, he was already dead from the cloud.
>Emma Frost had been projecting an image of Cyclops in people's minds.
>People like Magik who fought alongside 'Cyclops' at the time went on to talk about him as if he was Hitler.

Marvel set up the status quo that he was the new Hitler, then backed out of actually doing anything to justify it. That, or the message is that Marvel thinks history has been unfair to Hitler.

So Marvel's saying Hitler did nothing wrong. Bold move.

He didn't.

What he did do was demand the fate of the world be put in the hands of muties because their fee-fees were hurt.

MAKE ME

Are you referencing AvX? Because if that was why people hated him in universe it would make a lot more sense than hating him for killing the peanut butter cloud.

He isn't, people here just pretend he is because it's a meme to do so and people on this board are fucking lemmings who never actually think for themselves

Did Magneto ever jump on the Scott is Hitler bandwagon? What was there falling out even over, I own every issue of Bendis's Uncanny and don't remember anything after the first couple arcs.

read comics

You are so wrong I'm actually getting a little mad. The lemmings are the people like you that say this same shit every time Cyclops is brought up here.

That was literally propaganda spread by the inhumans.

>Are you referencing AvX? Because if that was why people hated him in universe it would make a lot more sense than hating him for killing the peanut butter cloud.

Even that is pushing it.

Fuck off, Beast.

God, I hate wiki faggots

>That was literally propaganda spread by the inhumans.

But it's a fun meme, user.

And mutants like Magik, who were present for the events of Death of X, believe it. Explain that.

Marvel tried to make him a bad one and failed. He was so right he defeated them. In the end they wrote some shitty bullshit about how everyone should hate him because the inhumans did a bunch of propaganda.

Everytime I think of it thigns seem a little worse. Marvel really took a shit on the xmen. This might be sins past level.

Never looked at it this way. Kinda like it we should meme it.

Actually its really good. Someone might be slipping in the idea subtly that Hitler was only made a monster after the fact through historical revisionism.

Did they ever really make up after Xaviers death? They were all pissed at each other while the powers going wrong nothingburger was happening.

Shes just toeing the line so the race traitors dont turn on her. Or maybe Jean got to her. Jean only turns the boys gay she does other shit to the women.

>Can someone explain what he did to become hitler?
Nearly got us all vaporized by a cosmic horror that he shagged while it was cosplaying as his highschool sweetheart.

Don't believe the propaganda. Jean Grey was Dark Phoenix.

Funny thing is that now beast is a Nazi sympathizer in secret empire.

. He's insane. .

Literally.
It's because of something in an old Claremont storyline that was never resolved because back then Marvel's editorial couldn't stop fucking with Claremont's stories, so because it was never resolved it just over time eventually became the default characterization.
In Morrison's run Scott himself became aware of it, and all the horrible stuff associated with it. That's why he turned to Emma Frost for help and ended up having that affair with her, she was the only other . evil murderous supervillain . he knew of that he could confide in.
( It's also why in that last X-movie young Jean Grey keeps getting this worried expression around him. )

And, Holy Jesus, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

What is the best cyclops material to read?

Early Claremont up to issue #200 for the superior mutant 'Clops.
Early Original X-Factor for . early insane . 'Clops.
And one day there's going to be a really good reason to read the late eighties material.
The mid '90s was all sanitized and commercialized for public mass consumption because of the fucking FOX cartoon
( it was as if Mojo got creative control )
but the early '90s was still a good time thanks to Psylocke.
Avoid the late '90s as if your life depended upon it.
There's also the Stan Lee era to see him carry the O5 team and pretty much everything from this century.
He's sorta the main character of the modern franchise.

I wouldn't say that Hitler didn't do anything wrong, but certainly extermination camps are probably a hoax, the time required to incinerate bodies and the number of ovens required to kill millions of Jews in the time the camps were open its just a nonsense.

It still amazes me how Cyclops is so right that writers can't seem to bring themselves to actually pull the trigger on making him look like a villain out of fear of looking like idiots (though they end up looking like idiots anyway)

>wanda has one of those HUGE PMS days and wipes out all mutants
>phoenix says wtf and heads to earth to fix that shit
>everyone becomes aware that the phoenix is coming
>cyclops hypothesizes that the phoenix might be the only way to save the mutant race
>cap is a mutant hater and says thats wrong
>marvel VS capc- i mean xmen VS avengers
>cap wins but ends up using the phoenix the way cyclops was planning to
>"cyclops was right" becomes a thing

>present time
>cyclops is literally hitler
>rewind back and finally explain what happened
>inhumans invade earth
>starts culturally enriching everyone with their giant uncontrollable cloud
>literally smiling inside their totallynotBattleship, while the cloud gobbles up entire cities and "encourages" the inhuman genome to wake up inside host humans
>said cloud is toxic to mutants
>"this is the point of no return"
>cyclops hatches up a plan to destroy one of the clouds
>succeeds in doing it
>inhumans "give him a fair trial in the middle of nowhere" for "the terrorist act of destroying their cultural cloud"
>cyclops is dead and we get marvel vs capco- i mean inhumans vs xmen
>story somehow ends up being about blackbolt and medusa getting back together on the very last issue

Hilariously enough, every time someone criticizes cyclops, they end up doing the same shit he wanted to do anyway

He's secretly responsible for the deaths of a crazy large number of people. That's already happened.

You might explain wtf you're talking about.

Maybe that'll happen when you explain what the fuck "literally Hitler" means.

Remember: be literal.

So you are just making things up. I thought you might have some examples from the comics.

He was called "literally Hitler" in the comic you absolute dunce.

Thats why people keep saying it. Because its such a ridiculous, hyperbolic comparison made before it was decided what it was, if anything, he actually did.

He was called "literally hitler"

don't listen to this fags.

>fucking Lemmings
So Disney is taking the choice away from us and throwing us off a cliff? Yeah, the way Cy has been written, that's just about correct.

Nazi normalization obsessed memelords like you kept pushing that for well over a year before it ever appeared in ANY comic.
And even then it was depicted in the comic as something found ONLINE.
Gee golly, I wonder where they came up with that idea from???

If you fuckwits don't cite a source that doesn't directly reference you (or refer to a commonly known time travel reference that you can't understand ) I'm certainly not telling you any major spoilers. Especially ones that you could figure out yourself if you had actually read the fucking comics.

Cyclops is Captain America, but 90's and flawed.

He has issues, but he tries his best to stick up for what's right. He's the true all American boy that has his own issues to deal with.

What the hell are you even saying

Marvel never really liked him but a couple of writers did and they just wanted him to push through.

>then they sold the movie rights

They want the franchise back and they're using him as a scapegoat for "main mutant stories are bad and boring", they couldn't make him the new true Magneto so they offer Emma as tribute, all the while they made him look like crap both visually and morally so we wouldn't miss him and then gave us Youngclops with a nice new suit that we the readers would love.

>but they writers still made him right in the end and the true believers know that the inhumans are garbage that will be tossed aside the moment the rights are reverted

You have to give it to Cyclops. He literally fought editorials and writers and won.
That's like an average dc citizen taking on a 5-dimensional imp who wants to kill him , instead of playing games and succeeding.
He broke the 4th wall and punched the people behind it.
Kudos.

How has he won? He's dead, and they all still have their jobs at Marvel.

They weren't fighting over whether he lives or dies, they were fighting over where the readers would consider him right, or jump on the Inhumanfag-he-was-literally-hitler wagon.

Magneto was still upset but they were still working together and mostly getting along.

But with Charles coming back with Legacy 99% confirmed that won't even be relevant anymore.

>the moment the rights are reverted

People still think this is going to happen? LOL

>He's sorta the main character of the modern franchise
He's dead in the mod franchise.
And he was always the main character from issue one until he left the team and X-Factor started. Then he lost that job in the 90s because of Wolverine mania, and regained it in Morrison's run and remained that way until he passed away.

To be absolutely honest

1) X-men have dealt with Phoenix before
2) Cyclops and X-men knew about Phoenix's arrival and have been master planning Hope for years
3) There was no reason for Avengers to just barge in and demand absolute power over Phoenix's case, why the fuck they didn't even offer cooperation, just said to handover the case entirely?
4) Phoenix actually wants Cyclops's cock

That's what so fascinating about Cyclops these days.

Not just some literally whos, Bendis, Lemire, Aaron collectively tried to make us believe Cyclops is literally Hitler.

>Marvel.

Marvel has gone to shit though.

No that was the Avengers. The phoenix was there to do something and the quickest safest thing to do was give it what it needed. Which was obviously hope.

The Avengers fucked everything up and made everything worse every step of the way. 5 mutants where just taken by the phoenix as hosts how is fucking with them a good idea?

Everyone is always retarded in all events anyways.