What are some nihilistic cartoons?

What are some nihilistic cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BpaRouocBes
youtube.com/watch?v=APSEYn7CqzQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is it about Roiland and Memey that inspire these edgelords to write shit like these?

So is he retard or just trolling?

I'm really smart lol

>they lack the brain cells to understand this nihilistic masterpiece
I hate faggot like this its the same kind of stupid people who suck off Bojack and anyone who doesn't like it is just to stupid and doesn't understand the deepness of it

>you just don't understand their art, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

I like it as a comedy but so people grow political beliefs because of adult cartoons

I like Rick and Morty but that post is just pure autism. I like the show, but literally no one is "smart" for watching it. The only time someone should feel smart for watching TV is when they're watching a documentary or something, not a cartoon.

Bojack Horseman is pretty good. Some episodes drag on but there's good continuity which is something I enjoy in cartoons.

Post more cringy shit

THIS

It fucking sucks to be a Rick and Morty fan because holy shit the fanbase is already reaching critical mass on the autism and a new season is gonna propel it even further.

People who think it's some deep nihilistic show are fucking retards. It's an expanded version of a short in which Marty sucks Doc Brown's balls.

how can a show even be nihilistic?
If it was really a nihilistic show it would be a fucking bore to watch because the characters would do nothing

>like they are usually just to dumb
>to dumb
>to

I agree with you there. It also sucks because on Sup Forums everyone thinks you're an autistic redditor if you like Rick and Morty, so anything you say that's positive about the show just gets ignored

I would say that nihilists don't give enough of a shit to work on a cartoon, but then I remember 12 oz. mouse exists

It's been like this since Season 1, since the very beginning. Edgelords and reddit and meme faggots have always pretended it's ultra-deep and R@M is some groundbreaking revolutionary show.

You should probably watch it. The guy in the OP is a dumbass but nihilism is definitely a major theme of the show and the best episodes are centered on it.

what inspires Sup Forums to write paragraphs describing how a Kids Cartoon Season 7 Is Ruining Cartoons Forever and thus Their Life

Xavier Renegade angel is pretty nihilistic and is actually a groundbreaking show that is under appreciated.

Xavier will never be appreciated for what it's really worth due to that art style.

Goddamn if it's not a masterpiece though.

Sci Fi Comedy Nihilistic Cartoon for adults
is stoopid and noone i smart for watching it.

Now lets talk about how Star vs The World is the best thing ever, Gravity Falls is so scary deep, and how Season 62 of a cartoon for 5 year olds is ruining you life, lol

In before "Rick and Morty is the new Dark Souls"

Also,
>taking YouTube comments seriously
>Ever

...what do you think nihilistic means?

It doesnt mean comatose, if thats what you think LOL

>nihilist
Did you check the trash can?

Are you frustrated?
Is facing the fact that your favorite show is neither groundbreaking or smart that bothersome to you?

Seinfeld

yeah man, Kim Possible is really starting to wear on me...

weak bait

>cartoons now has kinofags

The answer in both cases is autism. Last half of your sentence reads like a Buzzfeed article title

I watched it but I don't see the deep nihilistic meaning in "LIFE HAS NO PURPOSE MORTY LUBBA DUBBA DUB DUB *BURP* XD"

Where is the bait?
Rick and Morty is not groundbreaking or smart

Stop writing like a faggot or fuck off back to the R&M subredit

>put rope around neck
but wouldn't that hurt

Why the fuck do retards think Rick and Morty is some kind of an enlightened entertainment?

Tim & Eric fan, obviously.

It's the same people who once watched family guy and thought it was hilarious

Thing is the show is meant to be a comedy, not some deep meaningful work of art. They have a whole schtick where Rick says nihilistic things, takes Morty on an adventure and showing hypocrisy along the way, and just as you think there's some meaningful development they shit all over it and start again. Its one big gag and people take it too seriously.

I think my biggest issue with people who get all "serious" about nihilism is they usually use it as an "intelligent" excuse to give up, when this is literally the most superficial, retarded, conclusion to draw from nihilism.

If only because if "nothing truly matters" then that, if anything, means EVERYTHING fucking MATTERS.

I can't handle anymore of this shallow, basement-flooding, mosquito-larvae-infested tide of fucking depressed-trending idiots who just go on about how everything is pointless and gay and how fucking smart they think they are for being such a wet fucking blanket.

I especially love the episode where they keep splitting reality every time someone is indecisive. That part near the end where Rick prays that he survives and then, when he does, turns right around and renounces it is funny.

It just potheads

They see that and go "wow so deep!" But would probably react the same way to a Seth Rogen movie because they are just too high

What's more deep: Family Guy or Rick and Morty? My bet's on Family Guy.

They are not even genuinely depressed or even "feel" nihilistic, they just want to be controversial, feel smart easily and look cool like Rick.
Keep in mind that most of the people saying stupid shit like the OP are teens or idiotic young adults who are trying to be Rick without realizing that Rick is a piece of shit.
Hell, the fanbase seems to be composed of Beth clones due to the massive amounts of dicksucking Rick gets while they either ignore or justify his many, many faults.

>there are people who actually think "DUDE WHATEVER BRAH WHO CARES *smokes pot*" is a legitimate philosophy
How embarrassing.

What are some patrician adult swim shows?

Watched three or so episodes of R&M. What irked me most was Rick's way of talking, all that burping and stuttering. It was really irritating.

Sup Forums but Texnolyze. You can pretty much tell from episode 1 that it's all hopeless.

In this case he just means
>DUDE nothing matters! BURP
I'm not sure if you'd consider it different but my favorite theme is "dealing with nihlism", starting at nothing and attempting to find meaning in spite of it. Lots of good series like that, like
Not exactly hopeless, if you follow your emotions like Yoshii. Ichise is happy in the end.

lol

What do you think being nihilistic is?

Underrated

But is it nihilist? Bojack is self-destructive, but he acknowledges life has meaning, even if he himself cannot realize it for himself.

Nihilist cartoons: Family Guy, American Dad and Drawn Together. Nothing means anything, there are no consequences, everybody is shit and there is no hope.

If I ever top myself, I couldn't hang myself. I wouldn't want people to think it was a sex thing that had gone wrong.

...I once decided that if I do it, I'd travel to Lapland in winter, just walk out into the snow as far as I could go and let myself freeze. But I'd have to wear a motorcycle helmet, so the wolves couldn't get at my head. If there are wolves in Lapland. Are there?

I couldn't get past 'What doth life'.

Seriously, what is that show about?

>Rick and Morty is not groundbreaking or smart

I don't know about that. It sure as hell is entertaining.

Virginity, so to speak. I used to think the Mary Whitehouse Experience was edgy as fuck, and Denis Leary was hilarious. I knew nothing because I had never been exposed to anything.

You seem upset.

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted". To them, this is terrifying instead of inspiring.

Pardon the cliché, I do like it.

>Seriously, what is that show about?
its about a group of friends who just hang out and do nothing

I actually just watched the first couple seasons of Rick and Morty and found that I didn't really care for it that much.
Where's this hype of it being 'smart' and 'revolutionary' coming from?

>Thing is the show is meant to be a comedy, not some deep meaningful work of art

I get that, but it's clear that at least one of the writers is somewhat intelligent and likes to work in actual fucked up mindbending shit. It is definitely nihilistic and several episodes are intelligent. The intelligence gets drowned out by silly gag nonsense though, especially in the second season. Part of the reason the show is so controversial and hard to discuss here is because it doesn't know what the fuck it wants to be.

...I was kidding, user. Seinfeld is proverbially "a show about nothing".

So what is a smarter animated show than R&M?

I never really why people constantly refer to this show as nihilist. If anyone ever listened to Morty's speech to Summer in Rixty Minutes, it'd be glaringly apparent that the show isn't nihilist at all.

>So what is a smarter animated show than R&M?
The Sam and Max cartoon from the late 90s. The dialogue in that show is insane in terms of the speed it goes by and amount of topics/humor covered.
I remember as a kid I had no idea wtf they were saying half the time.

>But is it nihilist
The whole show is about existential nihilism.

Every single main character spends all of their time constantly distracting themselves so they don't have to think about their own existence. And most of those characters have come to a point where they're no longer distracted. And they all become immensely depressed.

As for Bojack, he himself has said multiple time that life has no meaning."I didn't do anything wrong, because I can't do anything wrong. Everything is meaningless!" The entire show is about his search for meaning. And of course, creating you own meaning in life is a staple of the end game existential nihilism going all the way back to Jean-Paul Sarte.

one character being a nihilist doesn't make the whole show nihilist

this thread is so fucking embarassing

You may have something there.

...Yeah, Peanutbutter said so in the first season. That dog always makes me wonder whether he's really, really stupid or really, really smart.

tfw to nihilistic to watch anything but Rick and *BURP* Morty

Rick at Morty?

>nihilistic

The whole point of RM is that the things that matter ARE the things close to you. Friends, family, loved ones. En large the universe may be chaotic and with no greater purpose, but that doesn't matter as long as whats around you gives you a feeling of belonging.

There's a British adult cartoon that nobody seems to remember called Monkey Dust. It's on Youtube and I would definitely describe it as Nihlistic.

Any fundamentalist christian/jewish/muslim cartoons.

Nihilism is very specific. Nietzsche was very clear in that nihilism can only grow out of religious people faced with the possibility/certainty that God does not exist. Goddamn retarded kids don't realise that cartoons like R&M, Bojack and Orel are existential cartoons.

Existentialism implies that the people involved are trying to do something with their lives, despite the possible meaninglessness. Bojack and Orel fit, but R&M doesn't, otherwise there would have been actual progression and character growth.

>but R&M doesn't, otherwise there would have been actual progression and character growth.
A show can have a message just by showing the opposite of the message.

Morty's speech to Summer after she found out she was an accident is very much absurdist - it's almost literally taken from Camus' work. A character discovers their existence is pointless, but is saved by the simple daily things in life, family (Morty) and entertainment (come watch TV with me).

Morel orel

>Also, Morty's speech to Summer after she found out she was an accident is very much absurdist - it's almost literally taken from Camus' work. A character discovers their existence is pointless, but is saved by the simple daily things in life, family (Morty) and entertainment (come watch TV with me).

I wrote that post a bit weird. Rick clearly acts like an example how existentialism and absurdism can improve your life by showing how it's NOT done.

Morty occasionally showcases absurdist elements, like I showed in the example.

Fucking bojack man.
>oh no he tried to sleep with a minor who looks like his ex or whatever
>I have money but I'm STILL sad? :(
So deep man.

>three hands

youtube.com/watch?v=BpaRouocBes

Look at that man go!

but nihilism is stupid

The entire season 3 video is full of people role playing scenes from the show

OBJECTION

I am a hardcore T&E fan; any of their shit I garble up happily. I don't dislike R&M, I just don't think it has THAT much to go crazy for. It's a fun little show with some nice sci-fi references but it's not the second coming of Jesús or anything.

you're mum is stupd

Everyone does that.

youtube.com/watch?v=APSEYn7CqzQ

>Part of the reason the show is so controversial and hard to discuss here is because it doesn't know what the fuck it wants to be.
Fucking this.
Rick and Morty is so inconsistent with whether or not it wants to be serious in its themes.
It's honestly a real turn off for me, because each time a non-gag thing happens, I don't know if it'll be a serious development or turned into a gag later.

>Aqua Teen
>Harvey Birdman
>Venture Bros
>Squidbillies
>12 oz Mouse
>Xavier: Renegade Angel
>The Eric Andre Show
>Black Dynamite
>Mike Tyson Mysteries
>And Rick and Morty because I personally think it's not deep but fucking hilarious

Oops, I forgot

>The Boondocks
>Moral Orel

you know that nihilistic doesnt mean depressed, right?

oh so your smart for lucking a show about Mike Tyson Cartoons?

You guys think that HIGH ART?

Oh, a scientist cartoon and Mike Tyson cartoon? You think that makes you better then me?

pathetic

I like it because of the burps and farts.

I can think of no one more pathetic than someone who goes scavenging looking for things to hate. No one more pathetic than you, OP.

Yes, because obviously you have no fun. If anything, you're a nihilist. Lighten up retard.

Because you are underestimating how stupid the average person really is.
If something has science fiction tropes in it and pays lip service to any kind of philosophy no matter how watered down it will seem impressive and intelligent to people that are either unfamiliar with those things or have a passing familiarity with them but lack understanding.
So due to their ignorance they can occasionally assume that nobody else is familiar with them and develop an undeserved sense of superiority.

>no Metalocalypse

What makes something 'intelligent', in your opinion?

How is rick and morty nihilist. If anything it's cynical. I do hate people confusing cynicalism for nilhism

>tfw too smart to reply to a thread made to get a triggered response