Do You Like Me?

Do You Like Me?
□Yes
□Definitely
□Absolutely!!!

Absolutely, rewatching the show I've realized that so much of the humor comes from Mabel's antics, and while much of that would normally be annoying the character design and voice acting (along with the general quality of the show, for things like humor and music) really make it work brilliantly somehow.

A great example of this: in one episode she throws a random pig dance party. In ANY other show this would probably be a scene which I would hate upon rewatching, but here it's so hilarious I've actually looked for it separately.

Nice to see the lunch lady job is working out for you

No I have other characters I would prefer to fuck right now

which one?

None of them, I want to fug a boy

*No

Thanks for your contribution to the thread, Alex.

patrician taste user
who is it?

One of these two or better yet just have them fug

Go fuck your brother

SUPER patrician taste user
same

Oh cuties

>be Alex Hirsch
>bust your ass for two years working sometimes 16 hour days
>fight network censorship the whole time
>all for a bunch of unemployed losers who've never created anything to shit on you because your personal ship didn't become canon

>be hirsch
>dream of the big times
>get there surprisingly young
>choke under pressure and quit early instead of continuing with the three season plan
WHY DOESN'T ANYONE LIKE ME?

>□Absolutely!!!
>not

The one in the headband.

You lost your usefulness when Doublepines stopped drawing art.

It was such a stupid thing to do, he could have easily scretched the whole thing into another season and make ending feel like it wasnt made during a weekend.

i create stuff and i shit on him, not because of ships but because it was an awful show
whoops just ruined your little post there...

I wonder if the paper clones could take off their clothes or are they just permanent parts of their body.

Also its pretty depressing they will probably never get to see (what they think are) parents again.

This picture always makes me sad.

>Waaaaah pursuing your dream is hard

Poop and jizz don't count user. :^)

>be Hirsch
>dream of the big times
>get there surprisingly young
>choke under extreme pressure and quit early instead of continuing with the two season plan
>have multiple people beg you not to leave the show on a cliffhanger and make you feel terrible
>ask Disney if you can make another 10 episodes to finish the show to not be a monster
>Disney says they can only take another full season of 20 for some reason
>know that you would be stretching yourself to the limit but you have to do it for your own fans
>end up creating a brilliant masterpiece that shows just how to make a cartoon in the 2010s
>disappoint idiotic autists having crazy theories and zero understanding of characterization
FTFY

>be Hirsch
>be a self indulgent manchild
>get obscenely lucky
>still blow it
Fixed that for you.

I'm not sure writing a great story about a fantastical version of your own childhood qualifies as "lucky", at least not in the way you're thinking.

>first time pitch of original property
>disney picks it up
>net a very talented crew
>huge success
>give up a season in because work is hard
>disney bends over backwards trying to keep him around
>crew carries him for another half season
>quickly bullshit an ending
>circle up with delusional twitter fanboys to keep feeling like he matters
Lucky is about the kindest way I could describe him.

>give up a season in because work is hard
No, it's because being inexperienced, he fucked up and gave himself way too much shit to do. Which is completely understandable.
>crew carries him for another half season
>quickly bullshit an ending
You can meme about season 2B all you want, but that won't change the fact that it was great.

I would probably love her, and I would really love her, but she reminds me too much of one of my many exes.

>it's because being inexperienced, he fucked up and gave himself way too much shit to do
That's just what I said but more indulgent.
>if it's different from my opinion it's a meme
>endings that require flanderization to be remotely believable are great
Twitter's that way Alex.

If by "indulgent" you mean "not being a dick on purpose", then yes, I suppose.

There was literally zero flanderization in the ending, so I'm not sure what you're on about.

>not being a dick on purpose
Facts can be pretty painful.
>There was literally zero flanderization in the ending
So Mabel becoming so selfish and needy she had to be guilt tripped into not ignoring the impending death her family, friends and the world because she found a "better" one isn't flanderization?

Sure, but dickish statements are opinion, not fact.

The bubble worked on everyone who got into it, it wasn't a voluntary thing. (In fact the only real reason Dipper managed to avoid its spell is that it stupidly decided to tease him with Wendy instead of, say, Ford or something.)

>The bubble worked on everyone who got into it, it wasn't a voluntary thing.
There is absolutely nothing indicating that the bubble had any power over them further then just giving them what they wanted.
This mind control excuse is just the lazy handwaving of a hack.

Frankly even if there was it would be a cheap way to generate conflict to pad out the finale.

You mean besides Bill explicitly stating it would require a "will of titanium" to resist? Or Mabel suddenly noticing how the bubble actually looks and sounds once she is snapped out of it by Dipper? It looks like you're the one making excuses and ignoring things the show made very clear.
>Frankly even if there was it would be a cheap way to generate conflict to pad out the finale.
No, in fact it was a brilliant idea from Bill's perspective that almost succeeded (with the fact that it was Mabel's wacko mind and not somebody else's where most of the illusions came from being just the cherry on top).

>You will never hunt quail with Mabel

>Bill explicitly stating it would require a "will of titanium" to resist
You mean just one of his near constant dismissals of human potential?
This wasn't a bond villain explaining his plan, he was just insulting them.
>Or Mabel suddenly noticing how the bubble actually looks and sounds once she is snapped out of it by Dipper
Ever been to the break areas at an amusement park?
>it was a brilliant idea from Bill's perspective
Well from an audience perspective it was a 22 minute detour that achieved nothing.

>No, in fact it was a brilliant idea from Bill's perspective that almost succeeded (with the fact that it was Mabel's wacko mind and not somebody else's where most of the illusions came from being just the cherry on top).

Instead of just making her dissapear like time baby? Or why not just send her to the shadow realm? Or into a small cage in a unknown location? Or wipe clean her memory and shapeshift her into another person? Why not turning her into an uncontrolable monster?

No, from bill's perspective that was full retard, she should've been part of the throne like Ford.

>You mean just one of his near constant dismissals of human potential?
>This wasn't a bond villain explaining his plan, he was just insulting them.
>Ever been to the break areas at an amusement park?
You must really hate the show for some other reason to do this much rationalizing.
>Well from an audience perspective it was a 22 minute detour that achieved nothing.
It was an awesome break from the horrific stuff happening outside the bubble. The ending was supposed to be weird, not dark, and that's exactly what the bubble helped represent.

Hey dumbass, because there's a chance someone might rescue her, just like they actually ended up rescuing the people he turned into that "throne". Rescuing someone from a mind-altering bubble is all but impossible, to the point that even Dipper just barely managed to avoid its grasp.

>You must really hate the show for some other reason to do this much rationalizing.
Yeah, I hate it so much I actually noticed how the characters behaved, instead of grasping at straws trying to pretend it's the best thing ever.
>The ending was supposed to be weird, not dark
It was neither, it was consequence free emotional baiting.
>that's exactly what the bubble helped represent.
Mission accomplished.

>rescuing someone from death/oblivion/parts unknown is easier then from a big playground with their sweater on it
Great writing dipshit.

It's good that not everyone forgot the old ways

>Yeah, I hate it so much I actually noticed how the characters behaved, instead of grasping at straws trying to pretend it's the best thing ever.
You're not even addressing my point.
>It was neither, it was consequence free emotional baiting.
Which is exactly what it was supposed to be, dumbass. It's a natural progression of the show.
>Mission accomplished.
Quite correct, no sarcasm.
>Great writing dipshit.
A big MAGICAL playground that is explicitly designed to TRAP people in it. And IIRC nobody is actually shown dying in the finale.

You're once again ignoring what is actually in the show to push your narrative of season 2B being bad. It's not gonna work. (I do have to wonder what exactly made you hate the show in the first place.)

>to TRAP people in it
>Once inside they can get out at any time

I would imagine that the moment you get inside all the doors would close, you know, trapping them, in case the weak "Mind-altering" doesnt quite work. Actually fuck that, why even throw a mind altering cage? Why not just a regular cage? Why not once inside you couldn't get out ever, no matter what? If it's meant to trap them then why leave the cage open?

>And IIRC nobody is actually shown dying in the finale.

Time baby.

Again, you're severely underrating mind control as opposed to brute force. It's much more likely the bad guy will win if the good guys just stop trying altogether.
>Time baby.
Isn't it confirmed that he regenerated? (Plus Blendin clearly escaped, he could have gone back to the past to save him or something.)

You'r Alex H. waifu, I am already on a relationship?

wtf I hate relationships now?

Alle.jpg

I've seen like 3 episodes of this and still read this in her voice...

I need to continue but eehehhhh

Ignore the Sup Forums haters, it just gets better and better
Keep watching, at some point soon you will just not be able to stop. And the finale is fucking epic.

>TFW Mabel will never hit on you irl