How good?

Honest question since I've never read this: Is this any good? I see it referenced on here from time to time, but I've never actually read it. Compare it to the best series or run you've read, how does it fair to that (or on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best)?

Yes. It's pretty good up until the late 70s early 8-s issues. Then it meanders. Haven't read it in a while but it's ending pretty soon.

I enjoy it a lot because the fights are properly brutal. I always hated how every time superman fights Darkseid they only ever get a bloody nose and some scratches, they never really hurt each other. In this comic when superpowered beings fight they tear each other the fuck apart, and that makes it much more believable.

The viltrumites are also much more enjoyable superpowered beings because it goes into the fact that if anyone actually were strong enough to rip people apart they would probably do it with enjoyment.

A solid 9. If it didn't have that fucking time-skip it'd be a ten.

THIS is why most people like it. Even when people cry, they look like UGLY CRIERS.

It only pulls punches with sex. But if you like VERY VIOLENT violence with gore, you'll possibly enjoy it but you can just read one of the early trades and pretty much avoid the whole series. It's fucking long and very repetitive and directive of other cape comics, so unless reading the first or second trades makes you fall in love with the characters, you can save yourself the time.

How is it more believable? Do people bleed from every orifice when they get into a fist fight in real life? And before you say "they've got super strength tho!!" remember that they also have comparable super durability.

>Do people bleed from every orifice when they get into a fist fight in real life?

In fights to death? Yes actually, when someone gets their head bounced off the concrete they will bleed from their ears and eyes.

Everything till the end of viltrumite war was pretty enjoyable, but after the plot stared to feel aimless and became a drag to read so i drooped it around issue 100 after a particularity shitty arc conclusion.

I really fucking like it. Obviously it varies in quality over the course of the run, but anyone who says it's less than an overall 8 out of 10- maybe a 7 if you dislike capeshit in general- is just bullshitting you.

they lost me when mark bends over to his disloyal love interest multiple times.

I don't like Robert Kirkman, at first I thought that he was just making a parody but after seeing Tech Jacket i feel like is more like a blatantly rip off from Superman/Green Lantern

This guy knows what's up.
Read it OP do yourself a favour.

If you want a long form superhero story with a definitive beginning and end invincible is a good choice. Much of the story and characters are troperffic. It doesn't innovate beyond the realistic physical out comes of super battles. The character progression is good but predictable.the most interesting characters are actually not the main cast.
If you can read it for free I would recommend otherwise wait for the end of the comic and by the trades

I've read comics for about 40 years. This is the best superhero comic I've ever read and may be the best comic I've read, possible exception Charley's War. The way Invincible is written you care about the characters and in this comic, people die. So you're always on the edge of your seat.

I thought it was good until the whole Dinosaurus arc when it suddenly goes to shit and everyone decides to pretend it never happened. Now I just want it to be over already.

up to 25 - 11/10
up to 100 - 10/10
post-100 - 8/10

Feeling pretty Buu Saga right now. It's still good and has some good stuff, but gee whizz it really could've gone out when it was right on the top.

accurate and not

here is the thing about invincible:
its one of those books you need to enjoy in your hand (for the first 50 issues)

they are such a throw back to old comics that the digital age does them no justice for what they are trying to convey

the book is a parody of capes books, so if yuou are familiar with those tropes you should appreciate what this book is getting at

that said 1-50 is not god tier
you either get into the feel or you don't

I personally think it gets better past issue 80 because of the art. the art comes into its own around there and you just buy into everything because of it

just read it! what the hell? its ending anyways
enjoy the fact that you wont have to wait monthly like we all had to.

I liked it until the 18th trade then I dropped it because it was directionless

>VERY VIOLENT
>cartoon red splooshes and guts
That's not very violent at all.

It can get pretty brutal

His fights with Conquest were the most brutal fights in the entire comic.

There was a fight recently with Thragg with mark's daughter being involved, and the art was terrible
I wouldn't mind the art if it was a story focused issue but it really shows how good and brutal the art can get during fights with the right artist

I'm not too enthusiastic about it after Robot taking over since I felt like it was a bit directionless after that but it's ending and I'm back on board to see where everything goes.

I like that it's an attempt to do a classic cape book that defies some conventions of the genre I don't like. For instance, the main character has been allowed to age and get married and have a kid.

Unfortunately, some of those shitty Big 2 conventions are still there - in particular, fakeout deaths done for a shock and having a time jump to skip the kid's baby years because capeshit writers just hate writing children who age normally.

Bullshit.
Everyone acts like they're plastic bags filled with blood.
It makes everything look goofy.
No bruising, hardly any breaking.
"I'M A VILTRUMITE WHO'S OSTENSIBLY STRONGER THAN YOU, ANOTHER VILTRUMITE. THAT'S WHY I CAN PUNCH A HOLE CLEAN THROUGH YOUR TORSO."

>"if anyone were strong enough to rip people apart they'd probably do it with enjoyment"

Don't forget to finish your homework and be in bed by 9:30.

Not a fan.
The MC is the blandest shitbird ever and Kirkman is a hack.

Fuck you, nigger. I'm in college for a STEM degree.

Oof, you've really convinced me now, slugger.
Don't forget to take out the trash, you know your mother and I have theater tickets tonight.

Doubt you could afford theater tickets with what you pull from making my latte, you newfag humanities major.

Now kiddo, I know you want to do good on your spelling test tomorrow, but kids your age shouldn't be drinking coffee!

Whoa there guys, let's not make this anymore rough-and-tumble than need be. Sup Forums is love, after all.

Human skull bouncing off FUCKING CONCRETE =/= two super-spergs fighting each other

It's full of gore and boring non fights. The character designs are boring snore fests too.