Who is the Sup Forums villain equivalent of Little Slugger?

Who is the Sup Forums villain equivalent of Little Slugger?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u3auLAWvQL8
youtube.com/watch?v=I5LKs6LlsPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U
youtube.com/watch?v=QxkMzn4et2U
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Belief_Dependent_Physiology
youtube.com/watch?v=rMmCGd5ywUU
youtube.com/watch?v=KJY1TomgkBs
youtube.com/watch?v=A4mogrWHTS4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Give me a quick rundown on this guy.

Batman. Beats up mentally ill people in some misguided effort to make them better, and is brought to life after an adult still stuck in their youth refuses to let go of a traumatic event in their childhood.

I was just thinking about re-watching this today.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Not OP but
Lil Slugger is a kid that goes around on skates knocking people out.

{Spoiler} he's actually a manifestation from people who are too stressed out looking for away to be a victim.

like a manifestation of your guilt or something?

i need to rewatch it

>Bunch of people say they were attacked by random street punk beating them with a baseball bat
>Later revealed these people were all deeply guilty of something or insecure as fuck and projected their insecurities onto a fictional boogeyman
>Eventually this happens so much that he manifests as a supernatural entity capable of causing mass hysteria, suicide, etc in people fueled by negative feelings and people lying to themselves to escape their own reality
>Can only be defeated by people accepting who they are

I haven't seen the series in years though

youtube.com/watch?v=u3auLAWvQL8

Why can't comic writers convincingly write proper anti-escapist shit like this?

Is Batman a different person than Bruce Wayne?

Batman and Slugger are both only as strong as their victim's fear makes them

"Not Me" from Family Circus

Do it

youtube.com/watch?v=I5LKs6LlsPQ

Satoshi Kon was taken from the world too soon. My god, has it really been seven years already?

>watching Adult Swim late at night
>loud ass theme starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U

fuck

Reminds me of when I have dreams about having a loving family and slowly realize I am dreaming until I get to the point where I fight myself from waking up to my empty, silent apartment

i miss when they aired anime on the weekdays

youtube.com/watch?v=QxkMzn4et2U

You didn't ask for it, but you're getting it anyways.

Superman Annual #11
For the Man Who Has Everything

Basically a tulpa created by an overworked Mangaka/Animator that beats the shit out of her because she's under heavy pressure to get her dumb puppy cartoon to be a massive hit.
It quickly becomes an urban legend and begins becoming other overstressed people's tulpa.
It gets really out of hand, to the point tons of people in Japan are being attacked.
In the end it all comes to a head where he becomes a giant blob monster that destroys Japan.
But eventually he's undone when the Mangaka goes back in her memories and apologizes to her dead puppy for letting him die and blaming Lil Slugger for it.

>Have dream where you have friends
>Meet a nice girl
>This is nice...hell it has to be the happiest I've been in years
The worst part was when it happened in real life

Even individuals from highly polite asian societies occasionally need someone to draw them out of their shell.

In America, "I saw that 8 year old kid kill a puppy isn't something that people see, but its something that happens."

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Belief_Dependent_Physiology

>The worst part was when it happened in real life

Even worse when your dream is a "What if?" scenario of a once promising relationship that broke apart because you got fucked over, and in your mind she is the same good person you thought she was at the beginning.

Sooooooo....her?

Wasn't there a Justice League or unlimited episode similar to this?

Yes. Same title even.

youtube.com/watch?v=rMmCGd5ywUU
youtube.com/watch?v=KJY1TomgkBs

Susumu Hirasawa is underrated as fuck

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I actually wound up watching this show because I wanted to know what the fuck was going on with the OP.

Shirley you mean "Shonen Bat" right?

Hmm, his silhouette is uncannily similar to the iconic kineticist from Pathfinder.

Dont remember that episode

But he is basically like Freddy Krueger but in real life not dreams

Pretty much, only physically abusive.

yes

At least when he wakes up he will be fucking Superman

Poor Batman

Have you ever been so mad your very presence generates light made from raw red hate?

Tulpa created from a bogus story about someone being attacked by a roller skating kid with a baseball bat.

The rumor spread, giving him greater form and power.

He usually goes after people who are "cornered," so stressed and anxious that they are at the end of their ropes. While terrified of being pursued and attacked by him, his targets come out feeling refreshed afterwards as they can temporarily escape their troubles by taking on the role of a violent crime victim and saving them from having to take responsibility for their lives. As the tulpa heirs stronger, he starts murdering beleagueed people who still die with smiles on their faces as their ordeals have been truly ended.

He's a Long-Range Autonomous Stand basically as while he gets mightier due to his connection to the broader public conscience, he's still fundamentally linked to the progenitor of the rumor.

I love this story, but let's take a moment to appreciate that Alan Moore wrote an issue where Jason Todd defeats Mongul.

END

his toy kind of reminds me of maromi

It's supposed to be an owlbear.

What sound does an owlbear make?

Probably a sound similar to a screech-owl, but deeper. In other words, and pants-shittingly scary noise. youtube.com/watch?v=A4mogrWHTS4

Thanks for the storytime, it's always great to reread this

Thanks, Pulp.

so he's basically the physical manifestation of some losers inner demons?demons? demons? demons?..

>86 replies
>23 posters
>No one mentions Professor Zoom

Come on Sup Forums. Come on.

That's in terms of mo. In terms of being a poltergeist summoned by a little girl's repressed feelings he's the Candlemaker Dorothy Spinner summoned in Doom Patrol.

Has one user ever been so BTFO?

>picture looks vaguely familiar
>interested due to replies
>google, it's an anime
>in my MAL already

jesus fuck my backlog is so huge.

My MOOOM!

don't remind me. feels bad man

h-ha, t-this guy yas actual dreams where he's happy with his waifu and shit. how about dreaming random shit like talking toilets like the r-rest of us, eh?

Good stuff.

Sounds like a Persona villain

Persona and Paranoia Agent are similar in that they're both rooted in the magical realist story element of Jung's collective unconscious bleeding into the real world.