Just re-watched this earlier

Just re-watched this earlier.

If this film was released today, how much of a shitstorm would it cause on the Internet?

The film is really good

TRANSFORMATION CENTRAL

It's criminally underrated everywhere you look. Critics, normies, Sup Forums, reddit, tumblr, no one gives this film its due.

because her dream was own a restaurant no be a princess

It was mediocre in my opinion, the resolution was weak.

>being poor is good XD
Fuck you

the girl was wonderful, the villain entertaining. The frog twist made me hurl, though.

The problem with the film was doing the frog thing at all. Every minute spent in the swam is wasted, when we could have had a wonderful, charming film about New Orleans that never lets the city escape focus.

Fucking hell right? New Orleans was perfect for a setting. The swamp is a dirty ol' swamp.

>all that stunning concept art

I fucking love this movie, I'm not even sure why, I like to rewatch it more than most renaissance classics
well for one I blame the yellowish green color setting, and the swamp looked gorgeous for beng a dirty swamp

it did cause a shitstorm

Charlotte was fuckin' hot though

>even had implied /ss/
really was underated

She still achieves that dream, but without sacrificing her love life.

The moral of the story is it's great to have goals and stick to them, but if you get to the end and there's no one to share it with, make sure that you're okay with it.

Tiana, with how her life was growing up, if she had got to the end of her goal and got her restaurant and then woke up one day in her 30s and realized she'd never had a date, didn't get married, etc she would probably be left wondering if it was worth it, especially seeing her best friend get married and enjoying her life while she's still, in the end, waking up early togo work her ass off in a restaurant, and come home to a lonely bed.

Don't forget the people around you when you work for your goals.
I love the movie. I like most of the songs (I hate the firefly's song, and the fireflies in general, and I hate the "when i'm human" song but it's not objectively terrible), the animation is gorgeous, the character designs are great the villain is great and has one of the best songs in the movie (as it should be) and I've rewatched it a few times since then (Unlike say, Tangled, which i've watched once. I like it, it's just got no replay value for me).

There were some interviews about the release of this movie and it's failure boils down to two things
>1. Avatar (the James Cameron one) premiered the same week or so as this movie so everyone's attention was on that movie and the overhyped effects
>2. The title pushed it into the "little girls' genre of films rather than it being seeing as general Disney film (like say Beauty and the Beast which is very mucha family film rather than a "JUST this demographic" film, hence why Tangled wasn't named Rapunzel, to make it clear it was for all audiences even if it was a princess movie.

I think Disney needs to stop being so afraid to be classic

Movie's good, though I'm not crazy about it. Even so, I think Tiana is leagues above the rest of the Disney Princesses.

yeah because so many men want to marry a poor black woman

It felt pretty dry to me. I know that makes no sense, it it's how it feels to me. Like take the villain song, it's to short. If it had been longer it would be in my top five, but as it is I just don't like it.

One of my favorite animated movies.
>10/10 villain
>10/10 black qt
>smooth animation
>good music and comedy
>grounded and realistic morals

A poor black woman with rich white friends and a solid business

>a film about a black woman becoming a frog
I think it would become a Sup Forums meme.

WE

ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS

>it underperformed because muh avatar and no one likes princesses in title.

No, it did fail because it was played too safe and no one cares about blacks in cartoons, even blacks themselves.

>1. Avatar (the James Cameron one) premiered the same week or so as this movie so everyone's attention was on that movie and the overhyped effects

I'm still bootyblasted at this reason. I know there were several things working against it at the time, but I just remember having to listen to friends and acquaintances always needing to mention how good Avatar was in small talk, even though they never mentioned what it was about but did remember to say they saw it in 3D.

Now no one really gives either of these movies a thought, PatF because the most standout thing it did was have a primarily black cast of characters, and Avatar because after the novelty wore off there was nothing of worth underneath.

>no one cares about blacks in cartoons, even blacks themselves.

Back to Sup Forums with ye

>you will never engage in /ss/ with Charlotte

I HOPE YOU'RE SATISFIED

I'd go as far as saying the entire plot was weak

That was because they made the story about Tiana instead of Naveen when he was objectively the more interesting character

And also because the most the bad guy did was kill a damned bug

More like /r9k/
>woman becomes female pepe

I'm still mad about it.

>Get a black Disney princess and prince
>New Orleans setting
>They're frogs for the majority of the movie

Seriously. She should have remained human to better suit the title

It was good, I like talking Animals and they were that for most of the movie, I also noticed how they struggled to Animate in a early "Disney renaissance" style similar to the new mlp movie, It made me think that there is entire skill sets that have been lost through the times.