X-Men

>X-Men
>Juggernaut of a brand that everyone knows and loves, easily Marvels most successful IP in all forms since the 90s and is now only barely second only to the MCU but still beats Marvels other non-Spider-Man properties outside of the movies nearly in a landslide
>Own the comic rights
>Own the action figure rights
>Own all merchandising rights
>Own video game rights
>Own tv rights
>Own cartoon rights
>Own literally every aspect to the god damn IP besides movies
>Despite having the capability of capitalizing on the popularity of the movies to make cartoons, merch, video games, and focus on the comics extensively, as you make 100% of that profit entirely, you intentionally sabotage the IP in a vain, ineffective attempt to regain the movie rights, sacrificing millions in potential profits to satiate a completely useless, petty grudge, to the point of outright blacklisting the characters from usage in licensed crossover material.

Why is Marvel so FUCKING stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

mypalmbeachpost.com/business/marvel-chief-hires-superhero-lawyer-fight-lawsuit/O0NUIUjC1BGpv22TPNsAaK/?version=meter at 1&module=meter-Links&pgtype=article&contentId=&mediaId=&referrer=&priority=true&action=click&contentCollection=meter-links-click
hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/marvel-chairman-ike-perlmutter-allowed-pursue-legal-claims-theft-his-dna-968493
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because Ike is a greedy kike.

I sure do wonder why.

He's greedy to the point of financial suicide, all this equates to is them not making money and Fox making money.

This isn't even the pettiest thing Ike Perlmutter has done.
He tried to ruin a man's life over tennis

That would explain why he gets along so well with Trump. They're like two peas in a pod.

>greedy kike
>looses shekels like it's going out of style

Feige is the one making billions, and he's been reaching out to Fox like a clever person.

I can see why

they could make a lot of money with X-Men movies

They could make even more money with X-Men merchandise.

And sabotaging yourself and all the money you could make via video games, merchandising, and cartoons accomplishes that?

Its like trying to get laid by chopping your dick off.

How's the embargo even going to hurt Fox, goddamn! Like, are people supposed to go "Ooh! Cyclops was a pretty cool guy in that Marvel vs. Capcom game, so I guess I'll go see that New Mutants film whenever it comes out?"

I HAVE to assume it comes from the same completely fucking idiotic train of thought that Marvels current comics appeal to the MCU audience and logically the MCU audience should be buying them in droves.

Merch makes a shit ton more than movies for studios.

Eventually, a few generations from now, X-Men will die off like the F4 have.
They're very, very, slowly choking them off.
The only cartoons and kid comics are MCU and Spider-Man related anymore.

People blow this way out of proportion sometimes. While it's true that Marvel is stupid for not putting a steady number of merchandise for the X-Men out there, it's ridiculous to say they blacklist them. The X-Men always eventually end up appearing in all their shit mobile games. I don't think there's any of them where they haven't appeared yet. They also have been putting out an insane, unnecesary and in some cases absolute shit, number of merchandise related to Deadpool during this decade alone. There was not long ago a series of toys of the X-Men in the legend series and other X-characters like Gladiator or Laura-Wolverine are also out in other packs. While on TV, Wolverine and Deadpool did appear on Ultimate Spiderman and currently Marvel is working on two X-Men live action shows, Legion and that other one I don't remember the name.

As far as comics go, well the comics aren't cancelled right? They still have a big line of books. Bigger if you count Deadpool. Just ask a F4 fan what true comic hell is. They have all their comics cancelled and the few characters remaining are on the hands of the Bendis.

The movies are still big (Deadpool and Logan were massive successes), nobody will ever forget Wolverine or Magneto, and the current X-Men lineup is actually among Marvels best selling comics output.

The X-Men brand is their second strongest just behind Spider-Man, it has been since the mid 80s and especially the 90s, and it always will be.

The death of the X-Men is the death of Marvel.

It depends whether Fox still owns the rights, or whether top management stops this pointless pissing contest. The X-men's future is not quite as certain.

>it's ridiculous to say they blacklist them.
They were literally blacklisted from appearing in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

And the only reason they gave in to Deadpool and Wolverine is due to their insane popularity among the general populace, they're two of the most well known superheroes of all time.

>The death of the X-Men is the death of Marvel.
Marvel Comics.
Marvel Studios will likely be around for decades and decades to come.(Hell, didn't they already remove the flipping comic pages from their intros?)

Hell, the F4 were retroactively blacklisted from a game they've been in for a couple of years.
X-Men got it good compared to the F4.

Marvel Studios is no longer part of Marvel itself.

Thats why i said the death of Marvel.

The MvC thing is the easy example. And like I said, they'll eventually made their way in like always happen with Marvel games.

>shitting on trump
Sure is tumblr in here

I'm actually kinda glad the X-Men aren't a part of the MCU, because the X-Men kinda tend to swallow other stories whole, see: Their hayday in the mid 1990s, when, like, 75% of all Marvel books published were X-Men

That said, the way they're treating them now is pretty shit.
Excluding them from Marvel vs Capcom is garbage.

Story?

>Marvel Entertainment chief Isaac “Ike” Perlmutter and wife, Laura, have hired Miami attorney Roy Black to fight a shocking lawsuit filed by a Palm Beach neighbor. Harold Peerenboom alleges that Perlmutter orchestrated an extreme hate-mail campaign that accused him of bribery, homicide, child molestation and pedophilia.
>The reason for the dispute between the two wealthy men? Tennis.
>Yes, that’s right. Peerenboom has wanted management of the Sloan’s Curve center put to a competitive bid, instead of repeatedly remaining with tennis pro Karen Donnelly since 1993. Perlmutter, “an avid tennis player,” opposed changing the way the tennis contract was handled, the complaint said.

mypalmbeachpost.com/business/marvel-chief-hires-superhero-lawyer-fight-lawsuit/O0NUIUjC1BGpv22TPNsAaK/?version=meter at 1&module=meter-Links&pgtype=article&contentId=&mediaId=&referrer=&priority=true&action=click&contentCollection=meter-links-click

>I'm actually kinda glad the X-Men aren't a part of the MCU, because the X-Men kinda tend to swallow other stories whole, see: Their hayday in the mid 1990s, when, like, 75% of all Marvel books published were X-Men

That's more a result of poor managing, nothing inherently to the brand. X-men sold like hot cakes, so center everything on them. Atleast its more logical than pushing a character that doesn't sell. Right Carol?

Preach. They've exhausted every possible X-men story anyway.

I feel like the MvC fans of the FGC should know Pelrmutter and his embargo more so they would be aware that
1. Fox doesn't own the game rights so blaming them is pointless
2. The Mouse aren't in charge of MvC so blaming them is pointless
3. Perlmutter has no say in the theatrical releases in the MCU so blaming the MCU is pointless
4. The MCU focus is an excuse and not a promotion for the films because Perlmutter's embargo is specifically against characters whose film rights are owned by Fox and the aforementioned fact that he has no say in the movies anymore.

>and currently Marvel is working on two X-Men live action shows, Legion and that other one I don't remember the name.

The Gifted is the other one. But really, isn't that more Fox cashing in on the tenuous resurgence of interest in the X-Men by pushing spin-offs featuring literally whos?

That culminated in DNA theft and a lawsuit:
>"The Perlmutters plainly retain important intangible rights to their genetic information," wrote Sasser, who analyzed a handful of privacy cases around the nation and one conversion case in Iowa from 15 years ago. "The authority discussed above makes this clear — at the very least, one possesses important privacy interests in such information. The wrongful dominion of this interest is an intrusion that would not necessarily be remedied adequately by restitution. ... [T]he Court finds an extension of conversion’s definition of property to one’s intangible rights in his or her genetic information is therefore appropriate."

>Perlmutter is facing off against Harold Peerenboom, a Toronto businessman who founded the multinational executive search firm Mandrake Management. Both live at Sloan's Curve, a waterfront Palm Beach complex that became the scene of a nasty billionaires' fight over tennis courts.

hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/marvel-chairman-ike-perlmutter-allowed-pursue-legal-claims-theft-his-dna-968493

Indeed you can't pirate an action figure, and they increase in value once manufacturing of them stop so more reason to own them.

I still buy X-Men shirts and figures and stuff, so I don't know where this "no merch" meme came from but let's drop it right here because that bullshit story is debunked

>X-Men
>Juggernaut of a brand

of course, but it all comes down to the fact that they wouldn't have done anything without Marvel on TV, so this one goes for Marvel as well.

Let this be a lesson, OP. Don't give your heart to comic companies, they'll only break it.

>theres no Spiderman
WHAT THE FUCK
IS THIS SOME CONSPIRACY
WHY WOULD THEY CUT OUT SUCH AN IMPOETANT CHARACTER, ESEPCIALLY WHEN HES GETTING A FUCKING MOVIE AND DISNEYS PANDERING THEIR SIDE THE MOST

He's on MvC's leak list

Marvel is a fucking goldmine of franchises when you think about it. They used to have Spider-Man and the X-Men as the really popular franchises but now they have the entire MCU as well.

Why the fuck DC hasn't made anything work other than Batman?

They have on tv
>Arrow
>Flash
>Supergirl
>Legends

And Wonder Woman is their biggest movie.

So true. I was a Marvel fan since the cradle. Now I don't know who these strange people are anymore

>Sloan's Curve, a waterfront Palm Beach complex that became the scene of a nasty billionaires' fight

I feel like I want to know more about this "complex" where multiple billionaires live. I'm envisioning an apartment building where each apartment is the size of a mansion.

Whatever merch you're buying is unlicensed and bootleg. The only MAJOR X-Men merch we've gotten in half a decade are the Funko line and the Marvel Legends waves, both of which only came out in the past year. Yes there are a couple more licensed products like keychains and Kotobukiya figures but those were either released in the past couple months or were the result of a longstanding deal from years prior. Just walk into any Walmart or Toys R Us or Hot Topic and see. The Avengers merch will drown you while you will struggle to find anything X-Men. We're actually lucky with the current situation considering how the past few years have been much worse merch-wise.

>Hell, didn't they already remove the flipping comic pages from their intros?
Oh yeah, I remember. Laughed my ass off first time I saw that.

Oy vey, whadda ya mean stupid?

It's sad that Marvel is fucked up so bad that the studio responsible for keeping you alive doesn't want anything to do with you and would rather take orders from Disney.

Please. It started with X-Men vs. Street Fighter. There's a reason why x-men aren't in mvc and it's all marvel. Capcom isn't the one who doesn't like mutants.

I have no pity for FFfags. They are assholes

but I got my shirt from Hot Topic

so yeah, let's quit telling stories about unlicensed boogeymans