Castlevania

Is there any reason to be excited for this other than "I am a massive fucking nostalgiafag for Castlevania?"
I'm really hoping it ends up being good, but don't want to set my expectations too high

Voice cast is good, it's written by Warren Ellis and the short fan films also by this producer are usually quite good.

Story by Warren Ellis
Animation by Powerhouse Animation

>Warren Ellis
so it'll be an unfinished edgefest?

No Grant made me feel less excited.

I didnt know this was gonna be animated

Netflix won't provide you with funding, and likely put your show or movie on their streaming service, unless you present them with a complete script/scripts for an entire season. This shit is as complete as it can be.

Well, user, now you won't take things for Grant-ed.

Ha ha! I'm as humorous as I am handsome!

why do you think it's on Sup Forums?

Why do you think I posted in the thread?

>No Grant
Wait, who's the guy throwing daggers in the trailer then? Was that just Trevor?

Because you're gay. HAH!

>all released at once
>no slow drip to shoot shit with people about
I mean I don't really mind it that much but I like being able to pore over a show during its run, make predictions and the like.

It's retards like you that mean we end up with shit like CW shows where they begin filming and then airing episodes before they finish writing the season.

I prefer the slow drip, too. Long as we don't get hiatuses.

>think TV shows are better taken in slowly rather than all at once
>this obviously means I'm responsible for rushed and shitty production
I just like it when I have time to appreciate the subtleties and build in shows. It takes multiple watchings sometimes to fully appreciate everything put into a show, and when it's weekly, you can spend time inbetween episodes doing just that, talk to people about their opinions, and fully appreciate each episode on its own before the next comes out.

It's not like Netflix's model is immune to creating hiatuses anyway

>unfinished
No because he was commissioned to write it in 2007 and finished writing it in 2009.

>It's not like Netflix's model is immune to creating hiatuses anyway
ripperooni, The Get Down

>I am a massive fucking nostalgiafag for Castlevania?"
all you need really

between whip cracking action, undead slaying, and the prospect of seeing the CV3 gang, i think it would be worth checking out

>Warren Ellis
Well, the X-Men anime too and it was boring as fuck.

It's not being directed by him.

I think "No Grant" was only for the first story back when this was supposed ro be a miniseries of films. This is now supposed to be two seasons of how many episodes?

First season is apparently four 30 minute episodes.
Do both seasons cover Castlevania 3, though, or is it moving on to Castlevania for S2?

I thought I saw Simon in the trailer somewhere? unless the bearded guy with the fur collar was someone else.

I think that's just Trevor.
Kinda hard to tell with Simon though, since he's had several different designs

this but I think your right. same guy through out the trailer and seeing as how it is suppose to be Trevor in the series I'll just assume this is him. does have a pretty solid Simon vibe. at least the one from the Mirror of Fate.

>Simon
>bearded

Are they fucking things up already? Guy either looks like your standard Conan/Fabio/He-Man mashup, or the weird redheaded redesign.

his Mirror of Fate design is kind of a combination of those two versions.

Seriously though, it's not Simon, it's Trevor.
>Eye scar

>Is there any reason to be excited for this
Ellis and it's 2D.

Only Lords of Shadow Simon has a beard and fur collar. The fact that both Trevor and Alucard exist simultaneously should've tipped you of that this was the Classic timeline.

Castlevania lore is unironically 2deep4me

The lore looks like a Castlevania map. It really is 2deep4me.

Ignorance.

>Alucard...I...

What is a man?

Die, monster. You don't belong in this world.

why do you think I replied to this post?

Have they said whether or not the soundtrack will be from the game?
I need some Wicked Child.

You could see it as a return of 80s anime shading if you are the kind of guy that cares about that.

I want Slogra and Gaibon to be best buds that crack wise with each other.