Punk/tomboy girl in western media

>punk/tomboy girl in western media
>always a dyke

>punk/tomboy girl in eastern media
>varied characters with differences

Why? Shouldn't western characters be more different?

Becuase the people who run Western Animation are cowards who can't see beyond tropes and pandering.

>always a dyke

What? For every dyke example you throw out I could name five straight examples.

Pink Ranger
Punk Girl from Loud House
Punk Girl from Life is Strange

3 just off the top of my head

Because the west seems to believe that a person is always a stereotype.

The standards for "tomboy" are different for America and Japan. You have to be vastly more masculine to qualify as a tomboy in America, while in Japan you just need to use a speech pattern that isn't quite feminine enough.

Alright I guess I owe you 15,

June from Kablam
Sam Manson from Danny Phantom
Buttercup from PPG
Toph from Avatar
Lor from the Weekenders
Frida from El Tigre
Marie Kanker from Ed edd and eddy
Spinelli from Recess
Gwen from Total Drama Island
Wendy from Gravity Falls
Tak from Invader Zim
Maurecia from Wayside
Vicky from Fairly Odd parents
Trixie from American Dragon

If you want more let me know.

>eastern media
>varied characters

okay

I'll give you Marie, Spinelli and Sam buy you have some very low standards for what constitutes a punk or tomboy

You're right with Spineli, Buttercup and Toph but the rest of that is pretty bullshit.

>Trixie, Lor, and Vicky not tomboys

Did you even watch the shows?

Ah, right, I didn't see Lor at first. She goes.
But not Vicky. She's not really a tomboy. Nor is Trixie, really.

That's because Americans pretty much are, for the most part. It's what happens when your country has no real culture and social bonds are extremely fragile, leading to everyone feeling disconnected from one another.

>It's what happens when your country has no real culture and social bonds are extremely fragile
I'm not even American and that's full of shit. People embrace stereotypes because the last 50 years of american culture has been focused on deconstructing anything that was genuinely american in heritage.

Fucking marxists, I swear to god.

>Oresama Teacher
Incredibly underrated desu

I don't even like tomboys lol

America has no real heritage, dumbass. It's all based on who grabbed what first. (Other than the natives, of course, who nobody cares about now.)

It's because the Bokuko stereotype in Japanese media has literally nothing to do with physical appearance or style of clothing and everything to do with a form of verbal self-address coming from an overly polite language while the Western version is literally entirely about the clothing style choice and nothing else.

Or in short; learn about the ACTUAL CULTURES before trying to compare their cartoons.
I mean seriously; presumably you live in ONE of these two cultures and you have to have SOME tiny remote grasp of the reason these things are. Nobody is THAT socially obtuse and stupid that literally the only interaction they have with cultures outside of their place of dwelling is a fucking cartoon, right?

I'll admit Vicky is a stretch but how is Trixie not a tomboy? She even had the cliche episode where she becomes a cheerleader and her friends are shocked because she's actually acting like a girl.

Boku-whatnow?

American has been a country for nearly three hundred years. Fuck you it has no heritage. It's just been taught to be ashamed of it.

Superior awkward girl kiss

"Bokuko".
Literally means "Boy-Girl" but in this context refers to a girl who uses the usually young male-oriented "boku" suffix to refer to herself in conversation. It's not actually incorrect, it's just uncommon. Unlike in the West where literally everyone describes themselves using "I", the Japanese language HAS no equivalent term and so how you refer to yourself has a massive effect on the culture overall and how you are perceived which bleeds into their subcultures too.
Thus bokuko are usually portrayed as tomboys or more "aggressive" then normal girls because they talk like a young boy rather then a young girl.

Whereas in the United States, women dressing like men pretty much entirely has most it's cultural origins in crossdressing and LGBT culture rather then a highly specific form of verbal address.

I hate SJWs, but there's very good reason to be ashamed if you're American. Almost all other countries have people living there who are descended from the original populations.

America is fundamentally stolen land, but it's not even just about the natives. America was actually founded because Europe was not going to allow horrific abuse of the poor to the extent that still goes on in the US of today. There is something deeply unnatural about that country from its very roots.

>Almost all other countries have people living there who are descended from the original populations.
You clearly know nothing. England? Butchered the native britons. How is that any different than America? How does that make America any lesser?

We all got blood on our hands, learn to fucking live with it.

Hell, Africa? Lotta that is "stolen" land by the subsaharan tribes.

As an American my personal cultural identity has nothing to do with being an American because I seem to have relatively little in common with most parts of my country aside from that we pay taxes to the same guy, basically.
America's cultural identity is highly dissaparate because we're actually something like five or six separate geographical regions and subcultures within them they generally take up all of our time and interactions because this country is ridiculously large and your personal conflicts as a human being are likely to be entirely local in nature, as with all other human beings in this planet. There's significant cultural differences between Scotland and England for instance, and the distance between those two places doesn't even cover half of the total distance of my home state.

Example: I live in Washington, and there's a lot of religious conservatives here who are crazy Bible-thumpers who have conflicts with the more liberal parts of the state, but none of them are from "the South" or have southern accents. They're just from the eastern side of the state.

Americans have culture but are inherently fooling themselves that there's anything "United" about it when it's so large and so unwieldy that it is entirely possible for two individuals from two separate states to have next to nothing in common with each other due to cultural divides that are genuinely larger between countries like Japan and China.

There's no comparison between groups of nations who historically lived near each other warring over land versus sailing for months to a different continent and completely taking it over from ALL the societies there. NO comparison.

In fact, a modern analogy would be fighting a "regular" war versus committing war crimes.

Hell, even the Japanese, who are often said to be the most ethnically homogenous people in the world, are probably not the original inhabitants of Japan.

>In fact, a modern analogy would be fighting a "regular" war versus committing war crimes.

Pretty sure every war ever fought involved copious amounts of war crimes.

Change that to "definitely not".
The Yamato ethnicity are not only not the only original inhabitants of Japan, wars with non-Yamato peoples in the country's early days make up a significant portion of their national history.
Amusingly, they tend to view and portray their nearly-extinct native cultures the same way Americans do. The Native American/Ainu portrayal comparisons are almost shockingly funny in how similar they are.

Yeah, the Ainu would like to speak. Japanese are descended from Chinese that migrated over.

>There's no comparison between groups of nations who historically lived near each other warring over land versus sailing for months to a different continent and completely taking it over
Okay, so let's see you take beef with the entirety of the norse descended countries. Or how about the saxons that sailed south, killed the britons, and became anglos? Or how about the migrating chinese that killed the Ainu and became japanese?

Every country is built on a bed of corpses. Get fucking used to it.

That's why I said it's an analogy, since international law as we know it today didn't exist back then. But it's a very good analogy.

Is this bait?

Have you SEEN anime?

Ancient aliens?

You need to study history, anons:
>With the beginning of Anglo-Saxon settlement and Gaelic Scots in the 5th century, the culture and language of the Britons fragmented and much of their territory was gradually taken over by the Anglo-Saxons and Scots Gaels. The extent to which this cultural and linguistic change was accompanied by wholesale changes in the population is still a matter of discussion. During this period some Britons migrated to mainland Europe and established significant settlements in Brittany (now part of France) as well as Britonia in modern Galicia, Spain. By the 11th century, remaining Brittonic Celtic-speaking populations had split into distinct groups: the Welsh in Wales, the Cornish in Cornwall, the Bretons in Brittany, and the people of the Hen Ogledd ("Old North") in southern Scotland and northern England.

I don't see how that disproves my statements. That's almost exactly what happened to the colonies and the natives.

WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE SO MANY EAST VS. WEST THREADS TODAY

JUST GO BACK TO Sup Forums AND WATCH FATE YOU WEEBS

This series is much funnier than I expected
Shame updates are slower than the average fate poster

Sans the significant settlements in Europe.
Their only significant settlements are within America. That Americasns gave them.
And this is just the Northerners. South America is a garbled mess of everyone there. Culturally and ethnically.

>Shouldn't western characters be more different?
After Westerners watched Evangelion, they adapted to Gendo's goal for instrumentality.

Yeah, and for a "genocided" people to even be allowed to have their own miniature nations after being conquered is historically unheard of.

>not like generic tsundere number over ten thousand
Come on, user.

Even Taiga is different from Kirino. In that Taiga is best girl.

At points in history Reservations were basically glorified Interment camps and now most of them are just ghettoes.

Still better than what happened to most other conquered people.

Piss off weeb.

Go back to

I want Toph to akwardly kiss me.

It's actually the opposite. Eastern creators fully accept and embrace tropes which leads to a codification of characters types and a large palette to choose from. Western creators refuse to admit there are people types and create grey hodgepodges that end up exactly the same over and over.

>There's no comparison between groups of nations who historically lived near each other warring over land versus sailing for months to a different continent and completely taking it over from ALL the societies there. NO comparison.
They damn well would have if they had the means. It's been tried many times throughout history, and succeeded a handful, but would usually fail because of the defending landmass could usually just stall them out thanks to not being limited to whatever resources they brought along.

Not based on info like that in The society wasn't utterly destroyed like what happened to native American society, it evolved into something different through the course of history. And that happened a LOT all around the world, with the particular exception of the Americas (and a few other places like AU/NZ).

We're arguing about what actually happened here, not speculation. But even if you wanted to speculate, there's still a difference of magnitude.

>women dressing like men pretty much entirely has most it's cultural origins in crossdressing and LGBT culture

Incorrect, it mostly has to do with leisure wear in the late 19th and early 20th century, primarily the popularity of bicycling. That was further compounded with rationing in WW1 and the rise of women in the workforce. Crossdressing and LGBT culture had a minimal impact, primarily stylistic influences.

Oh for fuck's sake, there is no monolithic "Native American" identity just as their was no monolithic "colonist" identity. The conflicts between the USA and the natives took the form of multiple wars between the US and various Native nations, of which the Natives lost. You want to bitch that the US doesn't have a culture or is a bunch of mongrels? The UK is a mix of Germanic and French invaders with a German royal family. Germany has existed for less than 200 years and is a group of disparate cultures linked by shared language that got conquered/politicked by the Prussians, who no longer exist due to ethnic cleansing. Eastern Europe has huge amounts of Russian genetics because the USSR pretty much tried to rape out local cultures and people. Russia itself is a bastard mix of Scandinavians and various Central Asian genetics. France does its damnedest to wipe out local and derivative languages within its territory.

No. People throughout history would simply conquer whatever they could reach. There's no difference between conquering a landmass right next to you and one across the ocean, other than technology making the later nearly impossible until fairly recently. Don't try to make it sound like America's founding was a bigger deal than any other country just because of the distance involved.

The distance isn't the biggest factor. The scale of destruction is. It's extremely rare historically for a culture to be wiped out entirely by conquest, rather than just altered significantly.

>Chinese
Even better, the Japanese are ethnically closest to Koreans, the people that they hate the most.

>I know lots of American capitalist propaganda about Europe and I just have to share it with you!

>Entirely
Well....
Familiarity Breeds More than the Japanese

Those who thinks that cartoons are exclusively western are bigger tumors.

Like you.