Here's a question I can't seem to get a clear answer for

Here's a question I can't seem to get a clear answer for.

Is Diana bulletproof?

She can take punches from gods, so yeah.

Here's a question for OP: Why are you a faggot?

She's not really supposed to be, hence the bracelets. But all too often, she's incorrectly perceived as a female Superman, thus power level shenanigans ensue.

Really, you're better off not thinking too hard about power levels, else you either get a headache, or you turn into a cancerous VS-fag.

Then why does she need the bracelets?

Constant reminder of how her people had suffered?

Most versions are not.

The only time they've ever explained why she can take a punch from Superman and still be not bulletproof, they did it by basically saying her durability works like the Damage Reduction mechanic in Dungeons and Dragons.

Because the man who created her was kinky as all fuck.

>she's incorrectly perceived as a female Superman
>"Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetype lacks force, strength, and power. Not wanting to be girls, they don't want to be tender, submissive, peace-loving as good women are. Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."
>William Moulton Marston, 1943
She literally is.

this time?

you missed the parts where Moulton starts talking about prostate stimulation and the male g spot

>The year of our lord 2017
>Not knowing about the male G spot
>Shiggy diggy

Look cool deflecting bullets.

It's her legacy from her first iteration

It reflect things like lightning bolts from the gods, things that are beyound her durability.

The bracelets are stupid if she is bulletproof. They actually made this a little interesting. Why does she hunker behind the shield through the movie then? It was stupid that no bullets got around it but its dumber if it never mattered.

That's like saying Crystal gems don't have gender so they can't be lesbians -Rebecca Sugar

Bullets dont kill her, but they hurt her. Split the skin, damage the muscles. AP bullets might even do more.

In 1943 Superman wasn't anywhere near as powerful as he was now.

Shes bullet proof, so bullets bounce of her boobs which is funny, hence she uses braclets so its not funny.

You idiot.
Crystal Gems don't have a sex, but they definitely have a gender and sexuality, meaning they can most definitely be lesbians.

In some versions she is bulletproof in the last version (the one that is right now in her comics) she is not bulletproof

She is extremely durable to blunt force, but bladed or piercing attacks are capable of damaging her.

There is no way she could be as strong and durable as she is otherwise shown and not be bulletproof.

If you're strong enough to trade punches with Supes and dont turn to paste when either his or your punch connects, then no some little subsonic bullet isn't going to faze you. There is no debating this, its objective fact (for what little physics is allowed in comicbooks), the only reason she has the bracelets is from a time when she wasn't one of the strongest beings in the DC universe and wasn't bulletproof at the time.

(of course, not all bullets are created equal, but comics are written by urbanites who've never held a firearm in their life. not expecting writers who majored in french poetry to know that a little 38 bullet is worlds different that a 50 cal.)

Deliberate misdirection to confuse her enemies

>There is no debating this, its objective fact
Try reading comics and you'd know she is not bulletproof.

The Gods created them to keep the Amazons from descending into the murderous berserker rage they inherited from Ares

Does she have some insane healing factor now? Because IIRC she got up like 10 seconds later and proceeded to beat down the mercs shooting at her.

Just give her Hulk-type powers where she's stronger when mad In the heat of battle she gets stronger. The more revved up she gets the more durable she is. While fighting a god or Superman or something she can trade punches that would shatter a mountain. When she's just walking around chilling she's basically mortal.

There, I fixed wonder woman. Oscar please.

Thanks for the pape.

She's bulletproof depending on the times or who's writing her.

A million reasons. For example, in Azzarellos run, she used them as a limit cap. When she removes them, she goes full Kenpachi.

She is not.

Whether you think it makes sense or not is a moot point, because canonically, she isn't.

Magic doesn't need to explain shit.

So long as the bullets aren't phallic in appearance, yes.

Depends on who is writing her. Rucka, in his infinite SJW agenda driven wisdom, made has her non bulletproof. Because someone as strong as Superman and the daughter of a god should be easily taken down by a bullet.

God I miss Azzarello.

>Wonder Woman is weaker than golden age Superman

I actually think that's kind of neat. I don't like when Wonder Woman's power level is ridiculous/comparable with Superman.

>the daughter of a god

Not anymore nerd

Can't stand anyone being stronger than the character you self-insert into?

No, just like Kevlar is shit against a knife her muscled can be pierced.
Think it this way, the faster and stronger the impact she receives the more she can resist. But the tension her body can resist isn't that much higher than the leather of a cow.

Also, she and most magically strong characters are bounded by their needs, if she fight a God she is as strong as that God, but she will always be just as strong as she needs to be, that's why her powers fluctuate more than others.

A 3 years old with a knife can pierce a mattress while a 120 kilos MMA fighter can't do it with a punch

And I believe that you are a casual, golden age wonder woman could drag the sun and could move asteroids.

>daughter of a god
Nope. She's clay again faggot

It simplifies choreography. Even if offensive shield use is a lot more elegant than defensive.

It's not a self insert, it's his foster dad. He wants superman to hug him or on its defect have hank hill as his dad. Seriously the problem in this board isn't self inserting fags but guys with shitty lifes and shitty parents wanting men in tight to be their new daddys

That just means she's become stronger as he has.

I think movie Diana displays some gradual power creep throughout the movie, so she probably thought she wasn't bulletproof. I mean, she sure fucking looks bulletproof in BvS.

And gives her an interesting designe for when she is in groups with other superheroes. Snyder and Wilkinson nailed how to make them all look really different. Snyder autism sometimes pays.

So far no mention of a healing factor. She gets shot again right after that and then shrugs off bullet wounds that have pierced her heart and both lungs like they aren't there, forcing the question of why make her not bulletproof if you're not going to have bullet wounds affect her?

The actual reason was that he changed Doctor Poison into the patented Greg Rucka hardass woman with a gun and needed something that would stop people from taking one look at it and going, "Well, that's retarded."

120kg MMA fighter can do, but not with a flat punch. He can do it a claw motion, a forward chop.
There is even a good chance the 3 year old can't do it, because he fails to get a good angle for stabbing.

I would agree with this. One of the things that is easy to spot in 60s Justice League.
Only Batman and Wonder Women actually stand out, while the rest of them blend together in various degrees.
Its also the reason Green Lantern shows up with a green halo once they started animating.

This. Shes not bullet proof.