Is it just me, or are there a lot more evil versions of Superman than Batman?

Is it just me, or are there a lot more evil versions of Superman than Batman?

Why is that?

Oh no,letting Batman lose when he's always the underdog isn't good for the sales user

Batman is the evil version

Superman is much more "interesting" to subvert because he's a boy scout. Batman is already a grimdark autist. The only difference between a good and evil Batman would be in the amount of bodies left in his wake.

Seeing a shining light of rightness fall is less interesting than seeing the same of someone who's already living in the shadows.

We already have lex luthor

There are only two more evil versions of Superman than there are versions Evil Batman. Evil superman is a meme, because even two out of two literally nazi super man realize they were doing wrong and turn over a new leaf.

How about a batman in a bright white costume, who's cheerful and outgoing, that kills people with surgical precision.

I'd like to see a good take on the Justice Lords. Authoritarian, but still genuinely good, forced to take extreme measures due to extreme events.
As for Batman, I think Evil Batman is generally either just the punisher or requires stupid levels of batwankery to overcome those who try to stop him

Plus I don't think DC wants to draw attention to how a lot of Batmans actions have been strait up evil. Brother eye for example makes the NSA/Gestapo look like amateur hour.

It's called the Authority.

This.

Holy fuck I forgot just how HUEG Timm characters could be.

>Why is that?
Cause frankly, editorial has a huge boner for Bruce, and their husbando can never do anything wrong ever.

>inb4 Dark Metal
Oh spare me. They don't have the balls to pull the trigger on Batman straight up turning evil. It's going to turn out to be Owlman or some shit.

No, I meant the Justice league being authoritarian. The Authority was more like a global vigilante group that kept an eye on the government, the Justice Lords were authoritarian, in that they concentrated power to themselves and ruled with an iron fist.

He would need to have a theme that's not supposed to be spooky like a bat. The bat theme is centered around scaring criminals, so a cheerful avenger would need an outwardly friendly animal like a rabbit or a sheep.

Because Evil Batman is literally just Lex Luthor who knows Karate.

Not exactly much you can do since you know Superman can handle him alone.

Combination of reasons IMO: 1. Superman is more interesting to see fall because he is so good and pure. 2. Batman wouldn't change too much 90% of the time, just he would be beating up good guys instead OR he would go complete holocaust mode and kill everything, and that would be too jarring for comicbook fans. 3. Batman's whole shtick lends itself to being evil in the main universe, Brother Eye and etc are examples of Batman going evil or wrong and fucking everything up.

It's more scary. When Batman is evil, realistically there's hundreds of people who could stop him. When Superman is evil, well, he's Superman.

The wolf in sheeps clothing

>Brother Eye
>builds a secret super weapon meant to beat up all metahumans
>never punished for it
Honestly, THIS is why I fucking hate Batman. Diana kills a guy to save the world, Hank slaps his wife in a moment of weakness, and nobody can ever let those memes die. Bruce almost dooms the entire planet because of his selfish, paranoid faggotry? People go out of their way to shift blame from him. Because it's okay when Batman does it.

Y'know why there aren't any stories about him taking over the world? Because he's already done it. Batman has brainwashed the world to cheer for him and boo others so that he never ever has to face any moral consequences.

Sounds like a fujo-bait Sup Forums character.

I'm in the same boat user. Brother Eye was some seriously bad shit, near injustices levels of evil. I don't know what the casualty count was, but there was serious destruction across the globe, not to mention all the humans taken over.

Because Supes character has had authoritarian leanings for a while in the past until they bleached the character in post crisis continuity.

Most evil Supermen are just referencing the old Superman if he was moraless.

Because its so much easier to have the boyscout hero archetype turn evil than the already dark anti-hero go evil

That, and an evil Batman really isn't all that different from a good Batman aside from the obvious. Good Superman holds back, Evil Superman doesn't

An immoral Batman with prep? ehhh

Now I wish I remembered that story idea I had about Superman having to take down an evil Batman.

You can only do one "Batman is evil story". They haven't wrote it yet, but there can only be one.

You mean the Joker?

Because Batman's skills are a result of his convictions. Otherwise, Bruce would just a rich philanthropist. Superman is all powerful regardless of his past.

Evil Batman was one of the best villains of any DC animated movie

It doesn't matter.

I feel like it's a "with great power comes great responsibility" kind of thing.

The power Superman has can easily corrupt a lesser man and some versions of Superman are just less of a man then the good versions. Chances are if Bruce had his powers it would only be a matter of time until he goes crazy with power too.

A Better World was such a great episode btw

ESTO

>only difference between a good and evil Batman would be in the amount of bodies left in his wake.

How do you mean?

>realistically there's hundreds of people who could stop him.
There's hundreds of villains and regular nooks with a lucky stray bullet who could stop Batman too, but Batman is protected by plot and franchise money. You could do the same for evil Batman.

FUTURES END is literally the end of humanity with Brother Eye capturing Bruce, sticking his head as well as Jokers on a cyborg robot.

That's Mother Panic.

Seriously. I think I have body dysmorphia from watching this as a child

>had authoritarian leanings for a while in the past until they bleached the character in post crisis continuity

> never read Silver Age Superman

> misunderstands street-level OG Superman, which only lasted until 1939, at most

> never read last decade of GA Superman

> pic related

No idea what you're talking about.

Because in-universe Superman is seen as THE hero. The ultimate example of good. Whereas in-universe Batman is seen as a dangerous vigilante who scares people.

There isn't much of a story in transitioning from dark to darker, but the brightest light going dark gives more to work with.

Evil batman would last about five minutes. Hell, if the cops treated him like Marvel cops treated Spiderman they'd have found the batcave in about a week.

Does Rorschach count?

>Batman has brainwashed the world to cheer for him and boo others so that he never ever has to face any moral consequences.
Unironically this. Superman goes evil? Proof he's a shit character. WW? Same thing. Batman? Well that's awesome because he's so cool.
Yeah this is fucking bullshit. If Evil Batman who doesn't give a fuck about killing or people getting hurt can't beat the JL how the fuck does good Batman do it? You fags just don't want to see it.

>evil

>Superman is much more "interesting" to subvert because he's a boy scout
God no. It's the most common and shittiest cliche, every two bit hack out there wants to write that story. How many fucking times has Supes gone evil in the past couple years? All it's done has turned people off of the character. Injustice was a terrible mistake, WW has a hit movie out there, but the only video game features an evil version of her. Fuck Ed Boon.

>Because Supes character has had authoritarian leanings for a while in the past
Are you fucking retarded? Superman does? The guy has never shown any signs of being anywhere near the control freak Bruce is. He's a fucking farm boy from Kansas whereas Bruce is an aristocrat. Bruce literally uses terror as a weapon and has no problem giving people brain damage or sending them to hell as long as he doesn't kill them.

Wow, a faggot batman hater is making a question that is actually about bitching and nothing more.

You had been making the same thread and have the same dumb complaints.

He's not even a Batman expy.

And it's that retarded Lady MacBeth type evil version of her too. I fucking hate that shit, because it makes no sense whatsoever. That's always the big problem with these elseworlds stories, that everyone is radically out of character, and Wondy's usually the worst off.

Logically, an evil Diana would be this overly-saccharine, suffocating motherly figure who forces people to be polite and considerate to each other. But coming to that conclusion requires knowing how her character works and about ten seconds of thought, so instead she's always portrayed as Clark's manipulative, bloodthirsty mistress. It's so fucking stupid, and frankly it got old ages ago.

No? He's Question.

Nailed it. Same reason why there's so many parodies of religious figures and "what if god is the real evil" stories. It's an easy template to work with that you can flip on its head or reimagine in many different ways.

Because Batman is already evil, he enables serial killers to keep murdering people to satisfy his own Zorro fantasies.

Or something child friendly, like a clown?

..hey, wait a second!

What about an evil Batman who, to help explain the stupid levels of batwankery you mention, is instead of a (mostly) solo vigilante has a lot of people on the inside working for him? Morrison's E2 Owlman was a lot like that.

Because Batman can do no wrong and is always right and totally the strongest and the smartest.

Why not just let evil Batman have Batwankery? Maybe then people wouldn't suck him off so much. WW and Supes have taken a beating thanks to all these shit alts let Batman take a hit.

Moore has explicitly stated that Rorschach is a more realistic interpretation of Batman.

The more pure something is the easier it is to corrupt.

Go to bed Mr. Specter.

SPBP

Do you know what I'd like to see?
A darker batman who goes after governments. Be it persecutions, unfair justice systems, wealth inequality, violations of human rights, lack of democratic procedures.
Imagine how you'd do the usual batman-goes-dark story, full surveillance, robots, brother-eye, terrifying people more than usual, maybe killing a bit too, or at least coming very close.
But instead of doing it against criminals, doing it against governments who he deems as harmful to their people.

Because Evil Batman would get stopped in a second.

He did that in Earth 51.

wikia search showed 51-bruce just killed villains. I don't meant him killing villains. Or even killing at all. I mean, he could, but that's not the point. Governments, corporations, lobbyists, making secret black ops data public, under the table deals revealed, that sort of thing. With a bit of class warfare and push for more democratic procedures and government transparencies. But still clearly violating any law to do that.

Moon knight?

Not a great example, his Superman plan was a complete failure. It only made him stronger and he still had perfect control of his abilities. It was just painful and a little embarrassing.

Because superman is always evil