Mega Man "on hiatus"

>Mega Man "on hiatus"
>Sonic books "on hiatus"
>Jughead "on hiatus"
>Afterlife and Sabrina come out 2-3 times a year
>Waid is killing off Betty in the main book for shock value sales boost

Is Archie even going to be around in a year or two?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.marvel.com/comics/59845/marvel-archie-comics-announce-collaboration/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, Archie digests still sell like fucking hotcakes. Archie sells like 2 million digests a year, it's why marvel went to them to distribute their digests.

>>Waid is killing off Betty in the main book for shock value sales boost
wait, really?

man, this company is imploding. It won't go away because of
But it is imploding.

>wait, really?

Yes, really. Car accident involving her, Archie and Reggie.

Reggie's going to jail too, from the look of solicits

>But it is imploding.
According to who?

Marvel has digests? Marvel outsourced those digests to Archie?

Yes. news.marvel.com/comics/59845/marvel-archie-comics-announce-collaboration/
I think you all fail to realize 1. How much Archie has the supermarket market cornered and 2. How little their costs are to produce. Shit, this is their headquarters man, and they have a damn tv show.

That may be a distribution warehouse. Their editorial offices are at 629 Fifth Avenue, Pelham, NY.

But yeah, I've been expecting Archie Comics to go under for five years now. They keep hanging on by their fingernails.

Never gonna happen. They know how to live on.

Worst comes to worst, they get bought out by somebody. Dreamworks loves older, familiar properties like Archie.

Can Jon Goldwater just get sacked already?

His "bold, innovative ideas" are what superhero comics did 30 years ago. It's old, it's hack, and honestly it's embarrassing.

according to most of their notable projects either forcibly ending or being unable to keep a moderate flow of content?

Not to mention their failed Kickstarter. Archie's in a bad way.

>all Ian Flynn's books are probably canned
That's gotta hurt. Especially since he was writing 4 books at the same time for them only a couple years ago.

>according to most of their notable projects either forcibly ending or being unable to keep a moderate flow of content?
Their most notable projects are the digests, which sell like hotcakes.

That's their top product, and now it's their only real product they can rely on, which is what that person was pretty much getting at.

They had a lot more going for them two years ago.

Or it becomes an imprint of DC. Riverdale might already be the start of the road towards that.

>They had a lot more going for them two years ago.
So did Marvel, so did most publishers. They had even more going for them three years ago when they were doing the Archie dies stuff.
The only possible way you can look at Archie and say that they are failing is if you were a fan of those terrible Sonic comics and are upset that Sega doesn't want their property as gutter trash anymore.

>>Waid is killing off Betty in the main book for shock value sales boost

Well that would be retarded so I fully expect it from Waid

>The only way you can say archie is imploding is if you were a fan of literally anything they did but the digest!

Uh huh.

Archie as maintained around a 1% market share for decades user, just because your shitty stories about going fast are getting a much needed makeover doesn't mean Archie is going anywhere.

>Literally never said archie was going to die
>Keeps acting like I did

Stop doing this. It's childish.

>Is Archie even going to be around in a year or two?

I was actually considering getting the main DM book just for Audrey Mok on art, but I see Waid is up to his same dumb tricks.

There's TEN unique posters in this thread, buddy.

Do you just assume everyone is OP?

Then what the fuck are we talking about? Either they are failing or not?

Did you even read my posts?

I outright, from my first post, said that they were imploding (the loss of properties and titles) but weren't going anywhere because of the digests.

How did you lose track of this after so few posts?

I didn't loose track, you are very confused about about this entire company.

>I didn't lose track
You literally thought I was OP and spent half your time putting words in my mouth when I directly stated the company wasn't going anywhere.
Have SOME level of humility.

Probably not, but I wish I fucking knew who keeps fucking buying comics of Jughead eating a fucking hamburger for the 234923405th fucking time. FUCK. Mega Man and Sanic will be missed by me

You probably are the OP, threads with small unique posters are samefag central.

Dollars to donuts is that you're the OP and you're responsible for the majority of the posts ITT. sad stuff senpai.

I did not think you were OP, you were arguing the same point as him. Imploding, which implies failure which they aren't doing. You think just because they are throwing out the garbage that they are "imploding" when they have consistently maintained the same place for decades.
Their money makers have always been the Archie comics, which there are now even more of thanks to the Riverdale line, and it doesn't mater about the Sonic restructuring because Sonic fans will still autistically cling to it.

>you were arguing the same point as him.
Okay, so the answer was you literally didn't read the posts, then.

OP argued they would die, I literally said they weren't going anywhere.

I'm sorry you were mistaken, but doubling down and repeatedly demonstrating that you didn't actually make en effort to know what you were replying to isn't going to save you any face on an anonymous image board talking about comic books.

>no I didn't say they would die just nearly die
Get fucked.

Was I only one who thought it was weird how they wanted to fit in every arc into 4 issues? I thought it was weird, kind of like constant Justice League two-parters, just get tired of how monotonous every story is told, I wish it had more variety. Did they do it to specifically collect like entire story arcs into single TPBs?

Show me where I said they would nearly die.

You literally can't. The only way you'd even come close is by taking portions of a post out of context/refusing to read an entire post.

You clearly don't want to discuss comics, but rather argue with someone. So again, get fucked.

>NO U DID YOU DID SAY IT!
>where?
>YOU JUST WANT TO ARGUE GET FUCKED

You need help.

Get fucked

I'm actually pretty upset about Jughead. The writing was middling-to-decent, but Charm was killing it on the art.

Agreed. I didn't pick up any of the Zdarski/Henderson issues because Henderson is visual cancer, but I gave it a shot when Charm took over because of the art. I actually really liked the Sabrina issues.

It's actually a shame, because despite the terrible art, the first arc is really fun. The two issues with Charm and Zdarsky both on the book were probably my favourites.

See, I get what you're saying, and you're absolutely right, but what you're forgetting is that Sonic has been gutter trash in every medium for over a decade now

friendly reminder that the sonic comics are not officially dead. if we don't learn anything about them during comic con, then it's dead

Jughead is cancelled the same as Sonic, but you're right on Chilling adventures, 7 & 8 are comin' this year (July 5 & December 27 I guess)
>Pussycats also Cancelled at #9
I don't really care for NuArchie, 60s & 70s are the best decades and can't be toped

Archie already said it best

>Is Archie even going to be around in a year or two?
yes, it's fucking immortal, is going to last until the end of times

Very ebin, user

The survivors of the nuclear holocaust will be eating Twinkies by the fire while reading new Archie comics.

Yes.

The 3D Sonic games are mostly good tho.

But user, they've had two bad games from a decade ago. That clearly negates anything they've released since, including their good cartoons, comics & games.

So fuckin' close

They will survive if they go back to being sexy.

I guess that's the reason people buys digest, it's like buying a booster pack of cards, you don't know exactly what you'll get, but every once in a while you get a good old story.

Archie currently has no plans to renew the Mega Man license.

The resolicited entry for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #8 is yet to appear in PREVIEWS.

Pre-2005, sure, and since then it's been what, Colors and (arguably) Generations? That's not an amazing track record. Even the first few 3D games are pretty controversial among the fanbase as a whole.

>Good: Adventure, Adventure 2, Unleashed, Colors, Generations
>Bad: Heroes, Shadow, 06, Secret Rings, Black Knight, Lost World

It's about even desu.

Unleashed isn't one of the ones that was widely considered to be "good". Opinions on Heroes is mixed. Also you're forgetting Riders and Chronicles, which were both utter garbage.

>Riders
Ehhhhhh, racer spinoff, doesn't reeeeaaaaally count.
>Chronicles
Wow, why'd you remind me that existed, I thought we were trying to have a pleasant conversation here.

>racer spinoff, doesn't reeeeaaaaally count.
It was released in the same time frame as all the other games in Sonic's dark age, it absolutely counts. Or were you just not old enough to remember it when it was released?

>Bad: Heroes, Shadow

These games play fine. Hating shadow is a fucking meme at this point. Sure the story is pretty much a B movie but the gameplay is the exact same as any other sonic game like SA 1 and 2. Heroes is fine too, it was the start of the decline but to say it's bad isn't correct. It's ok.
Even lost world isn't "bad", it's just different. Which if you're a sonic fan you should be well used to at this point, they change up the game mechanics almost every game to try something new anyway.