DC

So what's happening with the Milestone and Wildstorm characters so long after being merged with the main DCU

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/sdcc-milestone-media-returns-to-dc-comics-as-earth-m/
cbr.com/sdcc-dc-comics-milestone-update-still-moving-forward/
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Masquerade_(Dakotaverse)
comicvine.gamespot.com/marisa-rahm/4005-68407/
ozandends.blogspot.com/2011/03/dwayne-mcduffie-static-and-clarence.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DC has been doing stuff with Wildstorm but they haven't been doing stuff with Milestone since they cancelled Static's New 52 series.

Jesus. This is fetish tier art.

So they just wanted Static? I thought at least Rocket would see some action in the Titans or similar kinds of books. Also Hardware is Steel with a much more interesting personality IMO

>they haven't been doing stuff with Milestone since they cancelled Static's New 52 series.
Tell me about it. I've lost count of the number of times Icon's trade paperback has been pushed back.

There's a book called Wild Storm and it's pretty good. They were gonna do spin off books from it but no other info yet

Milestone was gonna be a line of OGNs but it's been two years since it's announcement and nothing on that either

He looks alright in the comics but his cape is kinda out there

Being able to pull the Kherubim and Daemonites into their backstory to create all sorts of new threats for their long lived and heavy hitting characters. Getting all of Planetary and its multi-genre weirdness to do whatever they want with.

Basically never touching them because they just wanted like three characters from the property, anyway.

Milestone got un-merged. DC doesn't actually own any of those characters, they had a pretty unique deal to just publish Milestones books but Milestone actually owns Static and the rest.

Over a year ago Geoff Johns announced plans for a series of Milestone OGNs kind of like Earth 1 , but it seems like that's dead because according to Denys Cowan the other Milestone guys are more interested in movies/tv than actually making comics.

Gee, I wonder why Christmas Conan there never took off.

His comic was pretty good. I won't deny his costume needed work but it kinda matched the idea they were going with his superhero persona so it can be forgiven

Just a friendly reminder to demand DC you want Milestone back.

Man those designs are really shitty.

They stood out so bad in Young Justice.

Icon needs a belt besides that I like his design .

Boring shitty universe. At least wildstorm and ultraverse have some charm.

But theyre all crap for market crash casuals.

But user, I can't do something if Hudlin wants me to...

Do it if you want Milestone back .Think of all the Milestone fans who want Milestone back.

I thought DC couldn't do anything with Milestone because Dwayne McDuffie died

I miss Milestone. At least DC is doing some thing with Wildstorm.

Guys stuff is happening with them just very slowly...
cbr.com/sdcc-milestone-media-returns-to-dc-comics-as-earth-m/
cbr.com/sdcc-dc-comics-milestone-update-still-moving-forward/

Those are pretty old now.They said things happening slowly last year during the Summer.

Someone should ask DC what's going own with Milestone at SDCC this year.

>no latinx, trans or asian
>three males to one female

Uh, racists and sexist much?

Nice

no Latins or Asians one female.

Blood Syndicate, dude.

But there were no trans characters, so you've got that.

I'd say as far as low-key design changes go, give him proper boots, remove the arm and leg bands and replace them with a gold belt, get rid of the shoulder straps, and give him gloves that don't have a short, loose cuff. As for Rocket, her YJ design was pretty great.

Masquerade was trans.

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Masquerade_(Dakotaverse)

I never really considered him trans, I just thought it was a great idea for a disguise. Or I was thinking trans more in the realm of gender identity.

But fuck it, you're right. Full House.
Milestone was the most inclusive shit ever while being simultaneously entertaining.

Also the rat was the token white guy.

And Fade was gay.

And Brickhouse was mentally retarded.

Reminder that Icon is Clarence Thomas' favorite superhero.

Has anyone brought the new Static Shock DVDs ?

I like the cuffs, but maybe you could extend them up around the lower arm rings.

Rocket looked fine, Icon's costume was total shit though

If they can't put down their fried chicken and watermelon long enough to make themselves heard, why should I bother about something I don't give a shit about?

That'd work. The only real issue is they usually have that folded over look that was real popular for some reason.

Patterning it off a flight suit was an inspired choice.

Maybe buying Static's new action figure might show that people still care about Static .

DC/Milestone really needs to reprint their old stuff. I would love to own Static's original series in a trade or something.

So what sets Static's powers apart from Black Lightning's? From what I've read, Static's has something to do with electromagnetism instead of your average electric powers, but I can't really tell the difference.

That's a terrible costume.

Midnighter and apollo had a mini series. Midnighter has been missing with Nightwing.

Static is Magneto Jr

It's his original costume. I hate it too but I'm glad it's a action figure. It's only fair that Static's original costume gets a action figure.

I know it's his original, but it's not a great costume and is arguably not his most well known costume.

I hope they put Static in Black Lightning's show.

i wish black lightning was made into a show

They are

It's casted and I think they ordered a pilot

static shock is just all around better character than black lightning

>Hudlin

Now I'm actually curious of how he would handle Icon and Rocket in the current political climate; or if they would just skip over the political banter altogether.

where's Gen13's Rebirth?

Masquerade was definitely trans. There was one scene where he said something along the lines of "I've always been a man. It's just that now the outside matches the inside."

Also the protagonist of the Deathwish miniseries was a transwoman police officer

comicvine.gamespot.com/marisa-rahm/4005-68407/

Milestone was 20 years ahead of its time.

Brickhouse wasn't retarded. The Q-Juice just fried her brain a little, but she got back to normal eventually.

He collected every issue of Icon and had one of his staffers look through the comics to take out quotes he could use in his speeches. It gave Dwayne McDuffie a terrible case of writer's block because he was terrified that he would accidentally become the voice of a black neocon movement.

ozandends.blogspot.com/2011/03/dwayne-mcduffie-static-and-clarence.html

I preordered it when it was announced. They said it would be out in the summer of last year but DC never gave an official date. Eventually my LCS said it was canceled. They started selling them in April 2017 but I don't think they really bothered to tell anyone. The final version ended up not having his raincoat or his replaceable hands.

It looks better with the raincoat. Plus I really like how he'll be wearing a different baseball cap depending on the issue.

The creator of the Black Lightning show said he wants Static to show up too

I'd love to redesign some of the Milestone characters, specifically Icon