What if Nickelodeon or Nicktoons or whatever was a big massive superhero universe, like DC and Marvel...

What if Nickelodeon or Nicktoons or whatever was a big massive superhero universe, like DC and Marvel? From just these four alone (SpongeBob, Jimmy Neutron, Fairly OddParents, and Danny Phantom), there's bound to be a pretty solid foundation for that sort of thing. Danny IS a Superhero, and Timmy, Jimmy, and their friends have all became superheroes for at least one episode, and Timmy regularly goes into comic books to be the Crimson Chin's sidekick, so what if that was all the standard actual core of their lives? What if the Crimson Chin, Ultra Lord, and those other guys were actual heroes in their world? What if Jimmy Neutron really was like Bruce Banner and the Hulk? How could it all fit together?

This is just an idea I've had for quite a while, and I thought why not share it here?

...so...nothing?

Or they could not be super heroes and stick to how they normally are. There's nothing about a shared universe that has to make them super heroes

I'm just asking, what if they were superheroes? That's supposed to be the intent of this thread.

But why would they? There's no reason

Danny Phantom IS a superhero. And technically, so is Timmy, even though we don't see it all the time, he's Cleft the Boy Chin Wonder with the Crimson Chin. Jimmy Neutron and his friends have also been superheroes for one or two episodes, and Timmy once wished his entire world into a superhero universe. Between each show, there's enough material for an entire superhero universe. I just feel that, if it all was a superhero universe, it could potentially work perfectly.

Jimmy wouldn't have to change, his superpower is his intelligence

Feel like an actual shared universe would work better and be more natural. Putting them into the roles of superheroes would be contrived and needless just to fit with DC and Marvel

That's true, but in that "N-Men" episode he got the Hulk treatment, so... there's that. Half of him is a super-intelligent boy genius, the other half is a super strong muscular "monster" fueled by rage (with a fruity aroma).

But still, them being superheroes has it's roots within their shows.

>But still, them being superheroes has it's roots within their shows.
Sorry if I shit on your idea by the way. Felt like there was a better idea within your idea

I actually had a huge autostic shared Nick multiverse when I was a teenager.

I say "multiverse" because an alternate universe is the only real way to fit in Avatar.

I had Danny, Jenny, and Aang as the foundation, three balanced against each other as the three most powerful people in a rock paper scissors situation. Jennys phyiscal strength let her tank anything Aang could throw at her, but was useless against Danny and other ghosts. Aang could bend Danny out of existence, but went down to Jenny. Danny could ohase through Jenny and scramble her circuits, but Aang shut him down in the avatar state.

A shared universe alone would of course be very interesting in it's own right, and it'd allow for more and bigger crossovers that aren't just multiverse crisis-es, but that isn't what I'm trying to suggest.

The idea I'm trying to propose is, rather than a shared universe where each show is largely unchanged other than being connected, what if it was like a superhero universe? What if the Crimson Chin and Ultra Lord were real heroes? What if they knew Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy? What if Timmy met the Crimson Chin and became his sidekick without the 'diving into a comic' thing, alongside having his fairies and all that magical stuff? some superheroes usually have miserable lives anyway, so he'd still realistically need Cosmo and Wanda. What if that N-Men episode of Jimmy Neutron happened much earlier, before the Yolkian Invasion, and instead of their powers having negative side-effects on their bodies, they were able to keep their powers permanently without that? What if Sheen met Ultra Lord and became his apprentice? How could SpongeBob tie into all this? How could other Nicktoons tie into all this? What if Sam Manson kept the ghost plant powers after the Urban Jungle episode?

What if Jimmy and Timmy meeting was much more superhero-y with a bigger emphasis on magic versus science?

>I had Danny, Jenny, and Aang as the foundation
To be honest, thinking about it, they actually are the most powerful Nicktoon main characters

Would be cool as a big crossover special

Quick! You have to think up a threat powerful enough to challenge the Nick trinity of heroes.

You're right about Avatar... trying to fit it into the rest of what I have in mind is... complicated, to say the least. It can only really work as a different dimension.

Their shows ending

Well, in that autistic fan multiliverse I mentioned earlier, once they teamed up, along with "the kids" (Timmy, Jimmy, and I can't remember the other kids I used, Dib, El Tigre, Rudy, and Eliza I think) they basically shut down the supervillain population.

The turning point was when they cleaned up Calavera. With nowhere left to feel safe, Vlad Plasmius stepped in and offered a solution :they outnumbered the heroes a dozen to one. Led by a team of arch enemies, the villains had one last blitzkrieg when the group was seperated and managed to place the world under mind control, with the heroes barely able to escape with their lives.

So they were strong, but taken out once all of their enemies worked together long enough to wreck their shit.

I like it. Does this team of villains have a name for itself? League of Villains? Secret Society of Super-Villains? Anything like that?

I figure the alternate Earths were Avararverse, Skylandverse (a sortof sister dimension to Avatar) aaaaand... there was one more that really didn't fit any other way, but damned if I can remember. I gotta google Nicktoons and see what they had

The gag villains (Box Ghost, Kilgore, the Abductors, etc.) were the Legion of Super Evil Revengers and not affiliated.

I never really had a name for the villain army, though. What villain groups were in Nicktoons? Jenny had one, Jimmy Neutron had one, there was SNAFU...

I might as well start posting the ideas I've had, starting with Jimmy Neutron since it's pretty straight forward, in a sense...maybe, I don't know.

In this universe, similar to The N-Men episode, Jimmy and his friends (and Cindy and Libby) are in space and they pass through the Van Patten Radiation Belt, and they are all affected by it the same way as in the actual episode. The only difference is that the powers aren't killing them. Or maybe it still does, but the solution isn't the removal of their powers but just merging it with their physiology better or whatever.

Anyways, they become the N-Men. Around this same time is the Yolkian stuff that happens in the movie that started the series, but things happen a lot differently because of the N-Men existing.

But, another thing I want to talk about is Jimmy himself. I'm thinking that, instead of just staying orange 24/7, the fruity effect would seemingly fade after a while and he'd go back to looking like normal. But any time he starts getting mad, he'd start turning orange and stuff, but he'd surpress the anger or calm down soon after. I'm thinking, it would build up to him hulking out for the first time, and then after that is him dealing with that similar to Bruce Banner and the Hulk, and stuff. The thought of having him orange 24/7 and dealing with that in a vaguely similar way to The Thing is interesting... but there's really no point to just being orange.

Since Ultra Lord exists in this universe, that makes things different for Sheen, or "Vibrating Lad". I don't really know much about Ultra Lord, I mean who he and what he's actually supposed to be... I guess he's like a cosmic space kind of hero? I don't know... either way, Sheen would eventually meet Ultra Lord and become his apprentice. There's a possibility that Sheen's personality and behavior could be affected by this alone.

We can have a Nick-Universe similar to Marvel with just Butch Hartman's creations. I already thought about this some time ago. Check these "Avengers":
+ Bunsen as Hulk (In his giant monster form from the first episode).
+ Timmy Turner as Thor (The Chosen One of Wishology, with Turbo Thunder's powers).
+ Cosmo and Wanda as Ant-Man and Wasp (They are like bugs).
+ Kitty Katswell as Black Widown (Easy).
+ Dudley Puppy as Captain America (Only give him a shield).
+ Jazz Fenton as Iron Man (The Ecto-Peeler).
+ Tucker Fooley as Hawkeye ("Beauty Marked").
+ Sam Manson as Scarlet Witch (Her plant powers).
+ Danny Phantom as Spider-Man (Ghost sense and Spider-Sense).

We even have 9 realms:
+ Midgard: Earth (3 in one).
+ Asgard: Mount Olympus (Fairy Odd Parents).
+ Vanaheim: Pixies INC
+ Alfheim: Fairy World.
+ Svartalheim: Anti-Fairy World.
+ Nidavellir: Petropolis (TUFF Puppy)
+ Jotunheim: Beast World (Bunsen is Beast)
+ Nifleheim: Ghost Zone (Danny Phantom)
+ Muspelheim: (Actually, not sure).

Opinions?

Not much would change about Danny Phantom. But something that does come to mind is giving San the ghost-plant powers that she briefly had in Urban Jungle. Maybe something similar to that episode can even happen between Tucker and Technus? I mean, like, there are several people with Spider-powers, Superman's powers, there are multiple Robins and Batgirls and stuff, multiple Speed Force Conduits, etc, so I don't see the problem with giving Danny's friends ghost powers as well over the course of his adventures and stuff. Maybe Dash can become some sort of Venom equivalent, like how Flash Thompson became Agent Venom.

But Sam having the ghost plant powers is a must.

I also get the impression that Danny and Timmy could easily become good friends with a sibling-like dynamic, but that's another thing entirely.

I'll talk about Timmy himself later...

There was an episode where Timmy went to back in time to the foundation of Dimmsdale, and there was a warlock named Alden Bitterroot, who looked just Mr. Crocker. In this universe, Mr. Crocker would be "Dr. Croctopus", a sort-of blend of Dr. Octopus and Dr. Strange, with 4 mechanical tentacles and magical powers. The magical powers and stuff can easily be connected to Crocker being a descendant of Alden Bitterroot, along with him being obsessed with FAIRY GODPARENTS and magic in general. With that and the "Dr. Octopus" thing in mind, his dynamic with Timmy is bound to be very... interesting.

Anyways, moving on... where the N-Men is most likely to have heavy scientific themes, these guys in Dimmsdale would have heavy mystical and magical themes. Though, how Matter-Muncher Lad, Professor AJ, Sonic Youth, the Bouncing Boil, Wonder Gal and Hawk Gal are all tied to magical stuff... I'm not sure. But if Wonder Gal is basically Wonder Woman or Wonder Girl... well, that works out easily in regards to having mystical themes.

The Crimson Chin, Crash Nebula, and Catman would all be real heroes in this world. Probably acting like mentors to the kids in Dimmsdale. I see Catman as basically being like Batman in that 60's tv show, as a "Bright Knight" rather than a Dark one.

For SpongeBob.... I have no idea. I.... hmm.... I don't know. Maybe just a merger of these two superhero identities/powers. SpongeBob has the powers of the Quickster AND that bubble thing from the movie.

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, I guess could literally be actual ACTIVE AND YOUNG superheroes. Basically this universe's version of Aquaman and Aqualad.

I like the idea of Sam and Tucker getting powers. In several episodes they just didn't have anything important to do that ties into the ghost hunting, like the flower bag babysitting episode.

Now to talk about Timmy.

I don't know where to start... First, there is Cleft, the Boy Chin Wonder. Since the Crimson Chin exists in this world, Timmy could meet him, and let's say... Crimson Chin gains medium awareness at some point for different reasons, and Timmy restores his hope and stuff, and Chin trains Timmy to become his sidekick. That, in and of itself, makes sense...

But then there's the whole "magic" thing, and having fairy godparents. That's like, the most important thing about Timmy as a whole. And, I just really love how in Abra-Catastrophe, Timmy gathers up all of the magical items he got for the Fairyversary party, and uses them all to fight. I just LOVE how he looks in that white cloak. And then there's the Masked Magician, where he officially becomes a superhero with magic powers, and in the episode it was sort of like a "graduating from Robin to Nightwing" scenario, when he was talking to Crimson Chin about it. Oh, and how can I forget, in Wishology he becomes "Turbo Timmy" by gaining the powers of Turbo Thunder. Oh, oh, and then there's the fact that he's wished for Heat Vision, and Spider-powers.

If we add all of that together, and... Oh my gosh... how strong is this kid?! And... how can it all be tied together if he's in a Superhero universe?

Let's say he gets Cosmo and Wanda like in canon, and then some time later he gets to meet the Crimson Chin and becomes his sidekick. But after that, I don't even know.. I just know that he'd be at the center of the "magic" side of things in this world.

Going back to Mr. Crocker, the fact that Timmy has sort of played a part in his backstory is very interesting, especially in the context of this world. Dr. Croctopus would definitely be Timmy's ultimate arch-nemesis, or at least one of them... The fact that he's sort of like Doctor Octopus, who became the Superior Spider-Man and eventually became like a dark evil version of Spider-Man, is very fitting.

In this context, having access to all of this magical power would make his dynamic with Jimmy much more fleshed out in the context of "Magic vs. Science". In this universe, I think their rivalry and friendship would be on a much bigger scale. Timmy could also be very close with Danny, in an older and younger brother sort of way. Thematically, Magic and Ghosts fit together very well, while Magic and Science usually clash (while also being 2 sides of one coin), so it works.

I was hoping that this thread would lead to a discussion that would result in an entire universe and lore to be fleshed out...

I guess I should have just made the thread earlier in the day or something.

Maybe I'll just try and flesh this idea out more and make a thread for it some other time...

I was the other guy posting in this thread.

Your text seemed really dense and incompatible with most of my ideas.

Which kinda awakened me to the fact that this sort of thing is really only entertaining to whoever created. Who's to say your autistic Nickverse is any more valid than my autistic Nickverse?

Paramount is literally developing a movie with this premise.

Would they really be incompatible?