With anime, there is far too many to watch

With anime, there is far too many to watch.

But for western cartoons, there are far too few and far between.

Why can't the west collectively churn out new series seasonally like the Japanese?

Last thread died.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Japan
tvline.com/2017/05/30/animaniacs-reboot-plans-wakko-yakko-dot-returning/
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2qprjj/i_am_an_animator_from_ny_who_moved_to_japan_and/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_law#Japan
youtu.be/9sDvfaZpZMY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outsourcing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

there's more western cartoons then anime you fucking retard

because slave labor is still forbidden in the murricas

Do you know how much anime there is? It's a lot.

Not per season, you're thinking of shorts that use to be shown before the main feature was shown.

I can't even tell what the OP's pic is trying to say

Thats only for the low end studios, the major ones pay at least 2000 yen a hour.

Because the Japanese literally get worked to death to produce the sheer volume of content they put out every season.

Japan still has legalized slavery

Not all studios are like this (only a few) and Abe is trying to fix that.

japan has hands on roughly 80% of the worlds animation yearly.

Uhhh...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Japan

They're too busy churning out live-action and reality shows.

>western
western doesn't mean only USA Sup Forums

People want quality hand drawn animation on TV/net streaming since features are all CG, it's why normies hate the Cal-Arts & Tumblr styles.

Who are you and why do you keep posting troll pictures with randomly blurred parts?

I'm not the only one noticing this, am I?

It's a edited picture about WITCH that someone replaced with Daffy Duck because it made more sense.

Would you rather have a fuckton of cartoons that are fucking shit and poorly made and have only a few good cartoons, or have most of your cartoons be good quality with only a few exceptions?

anime is fucking shitfite me

Quality over quantity. Considering the West originated animation and comics it does not matter. Just more of Asian countries taking something America invented and trying to make it as if they were the first (Film, Cars, Comics, Animation, etc). National appropriation.

Cartoons being shit is what we have right now, modern anime may be in a runt but it's leagues better then what western animation is now.

Thank god Animaniacs is coming back.
tvline.com/2017/05/30/animaniacs-reboot-plans-wakko-yakko-dot-returning/

>or have most of your cartoons be good quality with only a few exceptions?
Where is this the case?

The West has a massive quantity of cartoons too, it's just that the vast majority of them are marketed to toddlers

>Where is this the case?
The 1940s.

Others have been through this before, Korean animators get paid at least 12,000 won a hour.

Also fixed.

this is not true even though most popular studios in japan are still forced into basically slave labor there's plenty evidence out there documenting this just google it

Akihito already fixed Nakamura Pro after this whole issue happen and Nakamura Pro is not a major studio.

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2qprjj/i_am_an_animator_from_ny_who_moved_to_japan_and/

Why can't I watch both and skip the stuff I don't like?

Which side is Ducktales and Gummi Bears fighting for?

The good side.

No, a lot of the studios are like this. Those who draw comics are treated similarly too.

Japan overall has a "Work yourself to death" mentality no matter what job you have.

>normies
Don't you mean Sup Forums?

Yes, lower end studios.

Abe is trying to fix it.
No, normies; Why do you think theres a demand for quality hand drawn animation as of the past couple of years?

I have no idea what does this chart means

I work in Japan and he isn't doing shit. Premium friday is a joke. People still working themselves to death. Japanese companies just find work arounds and Japanese people don't understand the concept of not working 4 hours overtime daily.

You can blame North Korea, once Korea is unified under southern rule Abe will put his cash when the wallet is at.

Trying =/= doing, their main foucus right now is stoping North Korea.

Premium Friday just started, give it time and more places will adapted to it.

The big shots don't work themselves to death, otherwise Akihito will here about it as was the case with Nakamura Pro & (not animation related but still) Konami, the later he's warning about ex-staff member to avoid talking about the company when trying to find a new job.

Are we back to hamster girl fucking? o-okay then...

No, that was never the case.

Because that would be reasonable and sensible, things that don't belong to this board.

Well it's now time to do such a thing.

Western cartoons have less static scenes and parts where characters only move their mouths.
Japanese "animation" has always consisted in doing the less animation possible.

>this thread again
come on, you know there are good and bad things from both sides. All you need to do is to find the good ones. Also, pic related is a complete garbage that anime/manga industry produced recently.

Theres much worse then that.

Why is that garbage if it looks exactly the same as all other Anime?, the Anime world is a single world, all Anime are the same story from the POV different Anime people at different times and places.

You missed the "cartoons cant be waifus because waifus cant be ugly" moto the waifu community at Reddit has.

Invalided and only for Loud House.

It will once the wall gets built.

that manga digresses and ran out of ideas 7 years ago, and got dragged on for another 6 years. Also, the writer is a compete untrustworthy idiot, and his supporters are idiots as well.

>tfw get shit on every time I mention my waifu around non-Sup Forums users
>tfw always have to explain myself
>tfw everyone thinks I'm a fucking retard which I am but not in this context
I should have never told anybody.

Canada will still be a thing. No wall there.

Because the talent gets funneled into vidya, storboarding for theatrical films, or the major animation movie studios

Abe is trying to stop the overworking mentality?

That and underpaid workers yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_law#Japan

Can't build a co-prosperity sphere if your people are too busy to die from overworking to breed.

I think you mean, "too busy fapping to their 2D waifus to breed".

They really need to adapt the methods of Cultural Marxists and subtly place "stop overworking yourself to death, get married and breed" messages in media.

>inb4 Sup Forums
Cultural Marxism is an actual thing though, then again that's how any form of Marxism is spread, subtle propaganda seeded throughout media. Eventually people see it enough and the attitude shifts. Abe just needs to use government funds to push "take a fucking break from work and have some kids" in Japanese media

No, it's overworking/locking your country for 200 years before Commodore Perry shown up.

westerners are entitled shits without business ethics who take 52 weeks off a year

No they are not, they do not take 52 weeks off.

People make this exact same argument for comics vs manga.

I'm assuming there's not even half as many active animation studios in the west compared to Japan. We also give even the shittiest of cartoons continuous seasons so that eats up a lot of room for new creative ideas.

These 2 are just the hidden summoning of Famicom and TMSfag.

This one had a point tough and was actually updated properly, put that instead of famiTMS summon.

No they were not. I have no idea why you think that.

The other one has no point and is completely wrong.

So in short, please shut the fuck up, you don't know what you're talking about as I work in the animation industry, you don't so please keep quite and let us real animators talk.

They look like they have the same fucking chin.

Are they referring to what I'm pretty confident is supposed to be the bottom lip?

Abe hasnt done shit

Maybe you should watch better anime if you think anime is only just about high school

>as I work in the animation industry
Since when. Post your work Famicom

And is it worth it? Like, on the margin, do those 4 hours of overtime make a big positive difference to the output? The common theory (though it's admittedly one pushed by labor unions who have their own agenda) is that after 7-9 hours of work the quality of the output decreases, especially for skilled and creative labor, so it isn't worth it. Having your workers well rested and not grumpy from overwork, they say, brings better long-term results than squeezing those extra hours out of them.

>shitfite me
Eww. Are you a chimp?

so when is the DCEU vs MCU starter pack coming out?

>in japan they underpayment animators who make keyframe animation and send it over to korea for inbetween ing

>in america they overpay animators resulting in no animators getting hired in america to actually, you know, animate, they just make storyboards and ocasionally once in a blue moon keys, and send the barebones to koreans who don't know what the fuck to do with it so they basically redo everything from scratch every time. The only studios that animate in house are indies or toonboom puppet animation farms.

2d american animation doesn't fucking exist, and I'm saying this as someone who was dumb enough to graduate from calarts and actually has a gig.

Lead time for anime is much shorter, which means they can make more shows in any given year, but they are constantly laying the tracks in front of the train as it moves and if anything goes wrong then the show;s animation can go to shit even with a high budget. Look at something like Unlimited Blade Works which was based on a huge franchise, and its second half looked like complete ass besides the final fight simply because they never had any time.

I think both American and Japanese television animation is flawed, albeit in different ways. I am talking purely visually. The following is my list of gross generalizations about the strengths and weaknesses of both.
- American animation generally limits itself to a few simple camera angles. Japan has much more varied and cinematic camera work and doesn't shy away from Dutch angles.
- For my taste most Japanese animation severely underuses squash and stretch. This is my biggest complaint with anime. It results in a kind of mechanical pseudorealism in motion. At times it feels as repressed by the limitations of real-life physics as Western rotoscoped stuff despite not actually being rotoscoped.
- Japanese animation has much more elaborate lighting and hands down wins at special effects. US Americans use simplistic lighting by comparison.
- The US animates at more frames per second, which results in more fluid character motion. Anime can be embarrassingly choppy.
- Western characters vary more in their body and face type within one work. (But Europe is still better than the US at this.)
I think that in recent years Western-influenced anime has had the most visually interesting animation: FLCL, Little Witch Academia, Kill la Kill, Panty & Stocking, etc.

But that doesnt even happen in west.

Both have bad things and good things. You guys dont have to choose side, Sup Forums likes alot western cartoons so why does Sup Forums have to make these so complicated

Sup Forums is a lot more secure about their preferred medium than Sup Forums is.

Where is the top left screencap from? It looks interesting.

He's Famicom. Notorious shitposter and sub-human deviantart autist. Sup Forums deletes his threads on sight but we have to put up with him because mods are a fucking joke.

oh god whats the name of the one on the bottom 2nd from the left? I remember watching that one on the scifi channel

same poster again, it was Iria, memory finally clicked

70s is best

Possibly.

>Sup Forums likes alot western cartoons
This isn't about liking either, it's about preferring one over another. This is was these shitty threads has always been about.

2d animations doesn't exist in the west.
youtu.be/9sDvfaZpZMY

>have most of your cartoons be good quality with only a few exceptions?
Except the majority of western shit is horrible quality.
>No story or over arching plot
>Long time between episodes
>Shit animation

Uhhh...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outsourcing

The best thing?
Moeshit has showed it's ugly rear to the West and is actively spreading here.
Shit like MLP and the Loud House maybe mediocre with the target audience. But it is a huge hit with the adult males.

I'd mention character design as well. Western shows have a lot more freedom in character design while Japanese shows generally adhere to roughly the same, safe design.

Don't mess with success, as they say.

Calarts.png
DisneySameface.gif
DreamworksFace.apng

Maybe but even then they do complain alot about it too. Sup Forums isnt some kinda weeaboo place where they think that anime flawless medium

That is wierd way to spell 80s

Why fight?

It's gonna be shit

Just your usual shitposting. Making East vs West threads should be a banable offense, they produce no discussion of value, only repeating arguments and a shit ton of bait and strawmanning.

>Moeshit has showed it's ugly rear to the West and is actively spreading here.
It's almost as though there is such a thing as human nature and when you find a key to it it opens doors on every continent. Take that, Foucault! Or maybe Western young men are becoming "herbivores" like their Nipponese counterparts and are turning to moeshit for that reason. That's a plausible pessimistic interpretation.
>MLP
I thought the horse show was a pretty big success with its primary target audience. Am I wrong?

>Making East vs West threads should be a banable offense
They should be automatically moved to >>/bant/.

>eyebrows in front of hair

One off my pet peeves

I can't quite tell whether you're an ESL who can't articulate himself properly, a troll, a bonafide moron or all three at once.

>I'll take cherry-picking for 400, Alex.

>as I work in the animation industry
Yeah, sure you do..

Honestly, I couldn't say it better myself. But there is a few issues with the argument:

-American animation can get pretty choppy too, even disregarding bad outsourcing or shitty flash, shit like Paddy the Pelican or those late-60s WB cartoons still exist.
-I feel anime abuses front and profile angles just as often as the US abuses 3/4 angles.
- I can think of many an anime that has had little to no shading on its characters. Heck, there's not a whole lot in that KlK pic you posted, so it's an issue that plagues both sides, even if the US is more guilty of it.