You are now remembering how fun the Hellboy movie is!

You are now remembering how fun the Hellboy movie is!

Oh yeah, that was good.

I actually didn't like it all that much.

I think the golden army is better

Second one's better desu.

First one loses points for me because of that one asshole they had to brains to dump in the sequel.

I feel like the new one they're working on is gonna be some tryhard edgelord bullshit.

I rewatched it last month and I still loved it and I still haven't gotten into the comics

>no Guillermo del Toro
>no Ron Perlman

I mean what's the point?

I hope the new one actually feels like Hellboy. Hated GDT deciding his fanfic was more interesting than Mignola's world, and his C3PO Abe was awful

I remembered last night when it was on SyFy. Just like you did.

Get to it, user.

Do yourself a favor and get the comics, it's much different than the movies

Reading the comics has sorta soured me on Hellboy(the character), and really showed how self indulgent 2 was. Honestly at this point, I'd call it Pans Labyrinth 2 before I'd think of it as any adaption of Hellboy.

I hated everything about the golden army except Johann Kraus

Golden Army had a cool villain.

it is one of the shittiest adaptations, people just don't care because they've not read Hellboy

He really irritated me. Especially when he unleashes the plant monster to kill Hellboy and his friends and then reprimands Hellboy for defending himself because the creature was endangered

Bitch, it would still be alive if you didn't try to use it like dumb muscle

I might be in the minority, but I really didn't like the second one especially compared to the first. Felt more like Del Toro than Hellboy to me.

I'm pretty sure a foreword in one of the comics said Mignola and some other members of the comic staff collaborated with Del Toro for the movie. They deliberately changed Abe's characterization to contrast Hellboy's for the sake of keeping things easy to put into a limited movie timeframe, because it's what the audience would expect from seeing the two characters side by side, execs wanted a romance angle because they always do, so the thing with Liz got shoehorned in, and they used an different plot from the comic so viewers wouldn't know beforehand exactly how it was going to play out.

It was only a bad adaptation because it was never meant to be 1:1.

I mean yeah it's a pretty good movie and a decent adaptation. But I still prefer the comics. Let's hope that the new movie is at least as good as the Del Toro movie.

Meyers was fine, the bullshit Liz/Hb relationship was shit.

There's a ton of Hellboy content and stories that didn't have either of them involved. They were good, but I don't think they made or break whether I like the character or not.

What's that pic from user?

They were both awful

Though if I had to choose, I'd cross out the relationship in a heartbeat. Both of them

It's a really good movie OP, I rewatch it about once a year, it's on my shortlist of awesome fantasy/sci-fi movies. btw I turned 30 this year. Yep, 30 this year. So this is probably a sign of my age. I still think it's one of the coolest movies ever.

Where should I start if I wanna read Hellboy?

I liked the movie, I also like the comics, but man I hate trying to get people into reading Hellboy and all they know about HB is from the movie.

Yeah, he made for a great Hypocritical villain. He proclaims that he holds noble, worthwhile ideals, but is willing to throw them under the bus to get what he was really after, power. he didn't really care about his people, otherwise he wouldn't have killed his Father, he didn't really care about protecting magical creatures, otherwise he wouldn't have unleashed that plant creature, probably knowing full well there was a chance it would die.

It's from the Odd Jobs novel. The story is called The Nuckelavee. This piece was was colored for the artbook.

The villain was literally loki and loki is shit.

>tfw we'll never get Lobster Johnson.

Damn man I would love a Lobster Johnson, or BPRD Netflix or AMC series

Friendly reminder that it's less than a month before we get apocalyptical demon loli action everybody's been waiting for.

I watched it for the first time the other night, all the effects still held up except the fire hand effects. Fun movie!

I remember watching this, but I don't remember it at all.

>Netflix
No. Just no.
All of their series are mediocre at best.

>no Ron Perlman
really? I can't imagine anyone else as hellboy at this point