Kung Fu Panda appreciation thread?

Finally got around to watching 3, and damn, I feel like this is pretty much the only animated movie series to reach trilogy status without a single bad film, other than like maybe Toy Story. Sure they're not works of art, but none of them feel like products made just to sell toys. Each one feels like the writers, actors, and especially animators actually gave a shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i0Ri4DBAU1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I personally was not a fan of Kung Fu Panda 3, but I will not rain your parade. This series was overall better than it had any right to be and more Dreamworks movies should try to reach its level rather than settling for silly dance sequences at the end.

I will. Kung Fu Panda 3 was terrible.

Lord Shen did nothing wrong

He's also really sexy

1 is a good film with some flaws here and there, but nothing too bad. It definitely tries a bit too hard to be funny at times.

2 is honestly one of the best CG animated films of all time, and I honestly can't think of a single flaw that really come to mind. It's just really good from beginning to end, and had the best fights.

3 was honestly a mess to me. It starts off promising, but the main villain is just really weak. The whole story feels like a retread on 2's story, and they stay in that panda village WAAAY too fucking long. Holy fuck, that was seriously bad. Not to mention the whole TWO DADS thing. Kai really doesn't feel very important to the story until the fight at the end, and you really have to suspend your belief to think that Tigress somehow found the super secret hidden panda village that no one's found in like an hour. The final fight is alright, it's definitely great visually, but once Po goes all DRAGON WARRIOR on Kai, the fight's over. I was also insulted that they ended on some shitty version of Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting too.

>Fail at the one mission you did and it bites you in the ass years later
Still the best villain.

Okay yeah it wasn't that great, and there was a pseudo dance sequence at the end which kinda sucked, but a lot of that movie was damn pretty. It at least felt like they tried

po and tigress should just fuck already

Was there ever an explanation why Tigress changed her gi in 3?

In color theory red is a fierce and powerful color while gold is more heroic.
Changing to gold shows that she's starting to loosen up a little.

Everything about Chi in 3 felt like a macguffin, and the fact that suddenly everybody knows how to use it in the end, even children, was lame.

Their relationship definitely felt the strongest in 2.

To come off as more Master-esque probably.

No.

I was gonna post but this is 100% accurate

White tiger repopulation when?

3 was a mess. There's a laundry list of problems but the two big ones are (1) The Furious Five are beyond useless and get even less screen time this movie, in come cases losing fights off screen and (2) Being fat, lazy pandas should NOT make you magically be able to overpower legendary kung fu masters through the power of being fat and lazy. 3 was a completely unnecessary movie and just cranked the "Only Po is important" dial up to 11. I'm not sure where they are supposed to go with the story now, Po is effectively a god and as powerful as all the other characters put together.

Man, he was awesome. Wish he'd had more fighting scenes

doesn't it also negate the first movie's message?

2's honestly the peak of the series, that much is for certain. 3 has its moments here and there, but in the end, the panda village stuff really destroys any pacing it had by focusing far too strongly on it. Perhaps I'm being too generous, but this movie is a 6/10 in my eyes.

Most of the fight scenes honestly caught me off guard with how good they were

>Sure they're not works of art
Animation is art, you fucking fucker. Fuck off.

Kung Fu Panda 2 is kino

>Their relationship definitely felt the strongest in 2

They didn't follow that up in 3?

No, not really. It doesn't help that they have less screen time together. Nothing's ever really followed up from it, aside from a moment at the end, but even then they're clearly just good friends.

Well, they still have three more movies for the F5 to be useless and the Tigress-Po relationship to go nowhere.

>Dreamworks will never make anything as kino as Antz, Prince of Egypt, El Dorado, Kung Fu Panda 2, or How to Train Your Dragon ever again
I'd be a-ok with the Universal acquistion if the direction to go towards "comedies" wasn't so obvious. That statement where they said Mr Peabody and Sherman failed because it was "too clever" has pretty much assured me we'll see Shrek tier shit all the time from them now. The Boss Baby's success doesn't help either. In my honest opinion Dreamwork's best honestly surpasses Pixar's best (exception being Incredibles). Jt just sucls that I doubt we'll see a "serious" film from them again in a long long time. Captain Underpants was kino though.

>>That statement where they said Mr Peabody and Sherman failed because it was "too clever"
What the fuck? I watched that movie and, like, it was okay, but it bored me more than anything.
>Kung Fu Panda 2 was so great because it actually took itself seriously and proved not all animated films have to appeal directly to kids
>Kung Fu Panda 3 went the "Let's appeal directly to kids" motif that plagued the middle part of the movie because of how FUCKING LONG they spend in that shitty panda village where none of the jokes are funny in the slightest

>kino
Please leave your Sup Forums shit on Sup Forums when you forum slide over here. Thank you.

2 was unironically one of the most perfect animated films ever made. Pretty much the Sup Forums equivalent of Empire Strikes Back.

>2 was unironically one of the most perfect films ever made
ftfy

are they working on a new movie or series?

Post more Lord Shen

The opening for LoA is criminally catchy.
youtube.com/watch?v=i0Ri4DBAU1w

You forgot how 3 made the Furious Five job harder than ever.

>Antannea of power!!

Felt almost like an insult.

better lalte than never.
in KFP2 she was like a sister.
in KFP3 she was like a mother.

2 was just too good of a movie.

Its amazing how the "Star Wars" standard for trilogies continues to hold up
Kung Fu Panda 1
Good movie and great starting point
Kung Fu Panda 2
Excellent movie that had everything good about the first and more.
Kung Fu Panda 3
Mediocre movie with comedy relief characters taking up majority of the screen time

The panda village and the ewoks line up so perfectly it can't be a coincidence

1-Was Funny with a good story that kid love
2-was darker and less Funny,we don't see thatin animation movie+the Villain is10/10
3-was Funny like the 1....But it's step Back

OP here, and yeah with some reflection the panda village shit really sucked, but the worst part for me was how quickly they ruined the idea of chi with that last scene. Even the part where he gets it feels kinda cheesy and forced. Still, it's at least a 6/10 (with 1 being an 8 and 2 a 10) in my book.

i hate the trilogy course

1. you can do whatever you want, i dont care.

2. great you made a hit, make more of this, artistic freedom is yours!

3.it was amazing, but some people complained you went too far, also pander, pander panderrrr!

I remember when there were supposed to be three more after the third one

On top of all the other problems 3 also felt really cheap compared to the others. Both 1 and 2 have amazingly choreographed and dynamic action scenes. 3 had some basic fighting and pandas rolling around.

Reminder that the cartoon retconned the message of the first movie by revealing Po was passed the "Hero's Chi" by Oogway when he died.

Turns out there actually is a secret ingredient.