Fucking pearlfags will defend this

>fucking pearlfags will defend this
why is this allowed?

hi su critical from tumblr

>Character flaws are bad, if your character isn't a flawless waifu she sucks!

>letting a child die because "muh feels" is an acceptable 'character flaw'
nigga....

There's a fine line between giving a character flaws and making them SO flawed that it's not readily apparent why they're kept around.

Somewhere between her third attempt on Steven's life, brainwashing a vulnerable girl with low self-esteem to be a jihadist, and raping Garnet, the viewer has to question why the fuck they even keep Pearl around.

She looks good in a suit.

So she did it, right?

She shattered Pink Diamond.

It's why Pearl is the best character. Get better taste.

Kek.

pearl? they are saying rose did it, but im sure there is some really obvious twist, like pink diamond told rose to kill her, for whatever reason.

pearl is ONLY better than lapis and peridot

Nah. My bet right now is that PD faked her death with help from Rose. Pearl DEFINITELY betrayed someone for Rose, though.

Steven didn't die tho

She didn't brainwash Connie so much as instill her with the same enthusiasm she had for Rose because a small part of Pearl still has trouble letting go of the fact that Rose is really gone.
She also didn't rape Garnet per se. More like coerced her or tricked her, guys who invite girls over to "netflix and chill" are no different.

Pearl is great because she's super flawed. Characters that aren't fucked up in some way are fucking boring.

Anyone who watched the last four episodes and didn't realize Yellow Diamond killed her is a retard.

YD did it, it's fucking OBVIOUS

Pearl betrayed whomever diamond she was the Pearl to, that much is pretty much a given. Pearls are literally only meant to be pretty and do tiny tasks and nothing else. She betrayed a diamond. A lot of people speculate it was white diamond since she's the only diamond they haven't really talked about at all (But i think WD is a fusion of all the diamonds and thusly isn't around now that Pink Diamond is dead)

PD is definitely dead.

He lived

I really hope this isn't true. I'm sure she had a role in it, but absolving Rose of all blame would be godawful writing.

meh, not necessarily
>absolving Rose of all blame would be godawful writing.
what show do you think we are talking about?

SU's writing is far from perfect, but that would just be completely nonsensical.

She isn't actually going to let him fall. She would save him if he actually had fallen. See how she at least bothered to check on that?

What a stupid thread.

I'm sure she would had jumped for him, if he hasn't grab the roots.

What I can't defend its that she almost killed him when trying to build a spaceship, or that if the ship were build properly she would be basically kidnapping him for 50 years.

Seems like that makes sense though. The gems are only recently coming to terms with human senses of time.

if steven had died from that, he was never going to be worth a damn as a protector of earth anyway

it wouldn't, if they made it clear that steven's view was naive and it's not actually unethical to kill space hitlers

and then came up with some other bad thing to for rose to make her interesting again

I love how people still don't get it.
It's not that Rose didn't shatter Pink Diamond, she did, everyone saw. The issue is that Rose had help! And that help was from Pink Diamond's pearl who assist Rose, in a coup sponsored by Yellow Diamond. That pearl who allowed Rose to get close, was Pearl.

She didn't rape garnet

They've built Steven's whole guilt trip this past season around the fact that Rose killed PD. For him to go from struggling to accept and rationalise Rose's decision, to 'oh, it turns out YD did it, never mind' would effectively make that whole arc a waste of time.

>raping Garnet

Autists are still going with the fusion = sex meme?

So absolutely nothing new for the show?

Pearl's character arc has been done really well.

But Steven's problem is that he's also projecting motivations and plans on his mother's figure. Lion 4 explicits it very well, Steven was literally deluding himself into believing Rose left traces for him to put together to figure out his "magical space destiny"... except she wasn't

Pretty much everyone in the show projects what they want over Rose. Further complicating this Diamond-murder plot is only part of the course

That's not to say she 100% had nothing to do with it. But i highly doubt YD did it anyway, that would be a very simplistic resolution. Unless they found a particularly compelling motivation

It was Rape. Even Sugar admitted it. Pearl raped her. Nuff said.
/thread

tumblr go home

But on the other hand...

... it's Steven, so nothing of value would've been lost.