Over The Garden Wall

it's been so long since I saw one of these, its such a cute and interesting show, plus the big bad is super creepy, So lets have one :3

> What was your favorite scene
> who was your favorite person/animal/thing in this show
> what small details did you love
> what was the best "village" like the pumpkins or mill
> what was your favorite scene

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!9MhnVYZT!upxCHxJOHnn7KTo9AfcbCg
youtu.be/x3cNyd80EvY
youtube.com/watch?v=pjFHl8bd2iM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The comic is such a fucking disappointment.

I'm sorry senpai

Best Boy

When Wirt figured out whose soul was in the lantern, I shit a brick.

The Beast was so goddamn creepy.

Does anyone else think this show worked perfectly as a pure fairy tale and didn't need the modern day framing story?

i feel like the twist added a element, like at the start you thought this was a fantasy world but really it was our world. i think it added to the whole magical realism thing it had going on

such a strong moment

I think sarah and wirt are a cute couple, everything was really nice, they should've got a bit more of screentime.

but what moments would you take away for that?

I don't think it needed a twist. The fantasy and worked perfectly well on it's own and all of the meaning was still there. There's a reason every fairy tale doesn't end with the protagonist waking up and saying WAIT THAT ALL COULD HAVE BEEN A METAPHOR FOR LIFE!!!

>:3
I was gonna talk about it until I saw that. Faggot

He's the full package.

I was about to rant about how the comic was just Greg and Wirt capering about the unknown, but now it looks like Sara DOES get involved at some point?

I'll have to reevaluate. This changes things.

does anyone have a link to a mega or a place where i could stream it?

>what was your favorite scene
the whole last episode

pure kino tbqh

true, they play a card a lot, but this isnt them waking up, what happened in there was very real and had effects on their world.

i love how he didnt want to hurt the kids but also needed too, it was such a strong moment

but what about in the show? is there anything worth tossing for those moments?

>but also needed too

*but also needed to

Used to have a crush on him...

i dont remember much but Beatrice was very interesting. her used to being human was quite unique

Lorna and her episode.
I want to hold hands with Lorna.
I want to ring the bell to Lorna.
I want to do things to Lorna.

Do you have eyes?
It's great!

>:3
Kill yourself. This emoticon shit had been slowly becoming normalized as fuck here

To be fair he had no idea what he was doing. Found it refreshing he didn't shrug his shoulders and say 'well if I already ground up this many people, what's two more?'

>Not Beatrice and Wirt
Boy you just activated my almonds

Best episode coming through.

The ones not set in the unknown are kind of shit.

Best village was without doubt, the one with the pumpkin headed people. Just dripping in eerie atmosphere right out of the original Wickerman

They were nice. He should have stayed.

>the lyrics of the song at the beginning in the barn party literally gave it all away but it was so catchy I didn't notice

Very large but great non-recoded Australian Blu-ray rip:
mega.nz/#F!9MhnVYZT!upxCHxJOHnn7KTo9AfcbCg

It is also on Hulu, I'm fairly certain

I did too, and I'm basically the same person as him

>Not Wirt and all the girls.

You people are disappointments.

I liked the pumpkin people episode a lot as an episode, but my favorite setting was the mansion. I've always wanted to explore an old labyrinthine mansion with more rooms than anyone could know what to do with.

Don't be mean to me.

>That moment when you realise Thunderburker is total weed
>That moment when you realise Jimmy B was only gone for 3 days
I found that to be some of the funniest shit I'd watched that year.

Nah because it added a greater folktale element to it.

There's so many tales about people gertting trapped in the otherworld. The "real" world was as much part of the tale as the Unknown.

>The Inkeeper song outright states the whole deal with the trees and the oil
Did anyone else completely miss that?

Lol look it's Adventure Time pretending to be dark and serious xD.

When are we finally going to get a dark mythological series about legends and fairytales like Hasnel and Gretel told in a horror way? I want my creepy evil nymph faerie elf ladies.

Wirt's gonna make em squirt

the big bad was depraved and cowardly in the right way

i dont see the problem user :o

Does anyone think a sequel could work? Either direct or just set in the same world?

I tried to watch this show. There were some aspects of the show that I thought were interesting, but the younger brother ruined it for me. He was endlessly annoying and the antithesis of charm.

There were also things like very noticeable variations in audio quality between characters in the same scene, and I wasn't a fan of the art style. A lot of people seem to like it, though, and I always wondered if I missed out on something, but every time I consider watching it, I see this little fucker and immediately decide it's not worth it.

>From flesh removed our chalk footfall
>Tempers this holy ground
>Where timeless spirits meet

The lyrics completely explain the village but you can't hear this part in the episode.

Inkeeper song?

Would it be possible to reanimate the faces(eyes, nose, mouths) for a quarter of the price while keeping the body animation intact?

This post seems like the kind of crap someone would write in a forum around ten years ago
There is no way someone who has been coming to Sup Forums longer than a week would start a thread like this

This is a discussion thread. There's plenty of horrendous Sup Forums-tier capeshit threads for to you to shitpost and cry about politics in. Leave.

When did I shitpost or mention politics at all?

youtu.be/x3cNyd80EvY

Oooh, better beware

Oooh, the Beast is out there

Oooh, better be wise

And don't believe his lies.

For once your will begins to spoil,

He'll turn you to a tree of oil

And use you in his lantern for to burn.

>That terrible art.
>Those terrible stories.

It sucks even more that like the last 3 issues where fucking them. The main story is pretty decent and I like the addition of Sarah.

Your entire post is a shitpost. You didn't mention politics but I just assumed because the type of anons who derail threads with shitposts usually like to bitch about politics too.

Well you are clearly too much of a newfag to even know what a shitpost is
God you people are really turning this site to shit

You're right. You should leave.

how about you fix your entire personality instead?
someone should slap your mother for fucking up so much making you

I will probably watch this every October for the rest of my life.

The only one that isn't good is the one with the Woods man's daughter

I enjoyed the backstory

is this the original comic and not just fanart?
because holy fuck that looks fucking awful

Led through the mist

>I want my creepy evil nymph faerie elf ladies.

Not sure if quite what you're looking for:
youtube.com/watch?v=pjFHl8bd2iM

No, that's a perfectly straightforward and acceptable way to start a thread. Not everything needs to be a retarded incomprehensible "*blocks your path*" meme.

>How do I prevent people from figuring out I' a newfag?
>I know! I'll cal OTHER people newfags!

i wanted to contribute and share the joy but since you are a tripfag, I won't
fuck you snowflake

you understand you are derailing the thread right now, being the very cancer you are hating on right?

Yesss, yesss, YESSS. Thank you, anonymous. Eternal life and good feels will be gifted to you.

Let me guess: IDW.

If you've never had a younger sibling you probably won't appreciate him as a character.

Or been a younger sibling. I see some of my childhood self in Greg.

>tfw on the For Sarah tape Wirt locks Greg out of his room and you hear a muffled "I said I was sorry..."

I think it's good but it is overhyped as hell and nowhere near as "great" as people claim it to be.

They where good for a while but then they started bringing in some anachronistic elements and a style of writing that felt too "indy".

But I lost track of them after that so I'm not sure what happened then.

They;ve brought in Sara, and they have a new antagonist in The Shape-shifter, both of which are promising, but from what I've read they're still a litt;e stuck in that meandering "new town of X creatures with Y problem" thing.

>They;ve
>litt;e

The modern framing is probably my favorite. Either that or the tavern. It was a nice twist and gave context to the whole story about them being lost and their character traits.
It could probably worked just as well as a pure fairy tale, but as a whole, the real world didn't detract from the overall themes and messages.

Without a doubt. Had a really comfy atmosphere, and while it looks sinister at first, it nicely plays the trope of "Monsters are people too".
The unmasking of the Mayor at the end of the series made me kinda chuckle.

>when they get their warning about Adelaide one episode late

if not for the weak incidental writing, it would have been perfect

>if not for the weak incidental writing

Such as?

I mean like, pretty much all of the dialogue that's not moving the plot is bland or clumsy

Fate is a fickle thing.

>They where good

>when you finish the quest before you get the quest

i was about to say this, as a younger sister who was a little shit i can relate to this boy

Did you fuck your brother to make peace?

i did not, we never did anything of the sort

Reminder that Elijah Wood and Melanie Lynskey teamed up again to make "I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore" a few months ago. Solid movie, one of the best this year.

Imma look into that. Thanks user

What a wasted youth.

It was pretty good, the action is pretty fucking crazy, not in the fighting, but the realism.

The pumpkin people made me hunger for more. They weren't evil nor did I think they were from the beginning, but it was unsettling. I can recall similar things at the moment as I am very drunk.

I'm a sucker for creepy media and Eldritch and silent Hill like things have run it's course for me. That tends to boil down to some horrible thing unleashing itself but this was not only creepy but comfy.

>Melanie Lynskey

I think she's incredibly sexy