Sup Forums confessions

The only cartoons I've watched since KOTH ended are Voltron Legendary Defender and Miraclous Ladybug. I find pretty much everything else uninteresting

I'm considering watching sonic boom. I turn 28 at the end of this month.

Miraclous Ladybug is repetitive trash

I don't read comics. Comics have so many story arcs and little mini series that it's hard to know what to read. Plus, I hate retcons and the fact that you have to read the 1st issue of a story to know what's going on.

>feeling shame about watching cartoon
>on a board where we discuss cartoons
you gotta work on that mate

I think all the people talking about children's cartoons are pathetic and wish they wouldn't post here.

I've never read Sandman

>I wish people wouldn't discuss cartoons on a board about cartoons
wow I'm sorry user, do you need a safespace?

I unironically really love MoS and BvS.
I write shipping fanfiction
I get into shows for the shipping and have written fics for shows I haven’t seen.
I’m a massive waifufag. I also get into shows if I think one of the girls is cute.
I don’t like Pixar at all. I think Toy Story 1 is okay and don’t really care for the rest of their output. The only one I genuinely despise is The Incredibles. It before was a genuine struggle to get through and the massive following behind it utterly baffles me.
I regularly shitpost in MCU vs DCCU threads despite liking both franchises more or less equally.

And comics. I'm fine with more "adult" animation, but sharing a board with people obsessing over cartoons for elementary schoolers isn't too great.

Who do you think makes those cartoons user?
Not everyone grows out of them and that's fine. People have different tastes from you.

I read comic books to escape, momentarily, from the jejune mundanity of my life.

I think that the majority of cartoons and comics produced at this moment are shit. Right now, cartoons are by far the worst out of the two.
Cal-Arts may be a meme, but it is true to some degree.
I believe that cartoon fags start the majority of the waifu faggotry and fap bait on this board.

I feel for the loud house meme and now I became obsessed with it...to the point of having saved 2500+ pics of it just after marathoning the whole first season.
I can't stop anymore and I won't until I see how deep I can dive until I see it all about it.
I just started watching this show 2 weeks ago...

I spend at least an hour a day insulting cartoons which I have not and do not intend to watch. Just because I like the (You)s it gives me.

(You)

Even though I don't read comics, I like that cartoons share a board with it. It's fun to get a glimpse into something I know so little about and try to glean what is going on and what has happened in the industry. If the board was ever to split, I would probably still visit just to lurk.

>The opinions of other anons, critics, and sites like RT greatly affect my opinion on media even though I am aware of it and try to avoid it
>Samurai Jack is the definition of overrated media
>Comics are a retarded media form and it's insane the industry hasn't made it more accessible in this day in age. It's no one's fault no one on this board reads them and it's no one's fault the industry is dying.
>I have never watched a single episode of Star Vs. and I love the show
>Logan and Winter Soldier were all fine movies, but TDK is still capeshits best
>the 5th season of Arrow was the best small screen capeshit to performed in years
>Lucifer is a funny show

>wanting to disscus comicses

Damn

>I unironically really love MoS and BvS.
Ditto

You poor, miserable creature. I'm sorry, user.

Try Star vs. The Forces of Evil. I think you'll like it.

So why are you even on Sup Forums then?

>I really think Sup Forumss ridiculous hate of some shows just because they're tumblr favourites and tumblr fandoms are cancer really ruins a lot of threads about shows that are, objectively, pretty good (Like steven universe).

It's a good show once it picks up around episode 25. A lot of shows have their dull periods (Adventure time kinda had one. i can't watch the first couple seasons now because they're more pointless. I know Penn didn't want a plot but i think Adventure Time is the perfect show for a plot and continuity i wish he was less against it, at least in the final season he isn't)

>I have trouble getting into cartoons without plot and it took me forever to watch the Loud House. it's a solid show but if ihadn't been stuck out of state visiting family and had nothing else to do during the night i would've never checked it out

>If a friend recommends a show to me I won't watch it. I have a weird stubbornness about not discovering shows myself. If a random user on Sup Forums tells me to watch a show I'll probably look into it. This is why after three years of dating I finally took my fiance's suggestion and watched Bojack Horseman and I loved it. This only happens with music and cartoons

i only come here for mcu stuff. dont like any of the other flavors of superhero movie, and think marvel comics have gone to shit, and dc was never good to begin with. mcu's shared universe just really interests me.

I have no idea how to get into Marvel. It seems like to read any recent Marvel comic you also have to have read decades worth of previous comics from multiple Marvel series. Fuck that. At least manga you can just pick up and read.

>It's a good show once it picks up around episode 25

If I'm looking into a show and a statement like this comes up that show is getting dropped.

If a show isn't good from the start it isn't good period.

Same here.
I torrented some large collection but I've never even double clicked, just moved it into my misc. comics folder.

Most shows aren't good from the start.

absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, mate. considering that the only legit bad thing about it is a lack of a real, memorable theme song.

I personally prefer BvS, but I really didn't enjoy MoS and honestly don't understand why many people prefer it over BvS.

Agreed. Grew up specifically enjoying Spidey and Green Lantern comics. Dropped in early 2000s for a while and have had trouble picking ANY western comics back up for years. I can sit through shows or movies but jumping back into comics has just been pretty hard especially compared to the ease of picking up any manga regardless of genre.
I think the non-East comics I was really into for a while was Bone, Akiko, Invincible, and Sandman. I don't think old is better or anything like that, but specifically for print and webcomics I've struggled a lot with diving into reading anything that isn't in manga format. and the weird thing is I CAN'T sit through anime shows or films but can do just fine with western shows and films.

I wish they would make a separate board for comics. I fucking hate them.

You don't need to limit yourself to the big two, there are some short/finished stories worth reading

>I sometimes write ship fanfiction and am even writing one right now
>Man of Steel is one of my favourite superhero movies
>I think Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Disney- Marvel movie
>I post gay shit about Mordecai and Rigby on this board a lot

I am about to finish it and I admit, it gets hard to digest sometimes because I can't care about the stories that are not about the Endless

>remember seeing the previews before it came out
>you knew the threads and fandom would be filled with pedo shit
>too lazy to watch it on your own anyways
Dodged a fucking bullet

I used to keep tabs on a dozen cartoons a year or so ago, but these days I'm watching nothing because of how bad they look. I still don't know why I even come here anymore.

>I have never watched a single episode of Star Vs. and I love the show

kind of in the same boat. I'm not a sonic fan, it just looks good. Also I'm older than you.

I just can't fucking stand Adult Cartoons. Thier humor is incredibly cringey if they even have humor and not just shocker moments.

I think Sup Forums is love is a dumb thing and this board is fine the way it is, browsing other boards made me appreciate just how disconnected this place can be sometimes and how much worse things could be

I only like specific Transformers cartoons and totally ignore the comics.

The only cartoons I watch in the modern era are from the hub/aired on it, being MLP, LPS, Transformers Animated, Transformers Prime, Dan Vs., and Rescue Bots, despite growing up in the 90s as primarily a CN kid, I find most of their modern programming to be irritating and too progressive in their apparent agenda and shoe horning of adult themes and humor

I also liked some now cancelled Disney shows like Gravity Falls and Wander, but other than that I also hate Nick...and while I think Star Vs can be entertaining/has potential I think it's basically just shipping: the series, and panders a bit too much to tween demo for my taste

I grew up a Marvel reader and all my favorite characters are Marvel ones, but I have to admit I cannot support the brand anymore because of their leanings and bullshit tactics, their figurative genocide of the X-Men disgusts me and I'm not even a big X-Men fan, and Marvel as a whole just seems slimey and disgusting these days, they have no honor or respect, they are the business man who is proud of being a pedophile, DC seem to be a more respectful company in most cases despite me not caring about the DC universe as much

Adult cartoons are fucking garbage, if your preference is shows like Family Guy and American Dad, you're a tasteless rube and lemming who may as well just listen to an Insane Clown Posse album while you fucking get high on meth, it's the same tier of humor that only a 14 year old ATTEMPTING to seem "adult" while really just coming off as a fucking edgy retard who likely still wears Tripp pants

The Crow (movie) deserves way more praise than it gets, it's very beloved by the fans it has but still goes largely overlooked by the comic movie viewing public, namely younger ones

MCU movies were never smart, witty, or anything like that. Some of them are very good, but not all of them, and even the very good ones are nothing more than the epitome of dumb popcorn flick

Storytimes are the only good thing about this fucking board. They foster discussion without turning into a fucking circlejerk (literally and figuratively in the case of waifool threads), plus y'know, free story even if it's a bad one.

At this point I don't know why I'm even alive anymore. The video games, the music, the tv series, the books, everything went straight to >>>/trash starting with 2010.

I wish I had 2 billion dollars so I could save at least one of these entertainment industries somehow.

Honestly, I agree. I'm fine with the more "mature" cartoons being discussed (ATLA, Samurai Jack, Courage, Clone Wars, etc). However, it's pretty creepy that people here have obsessions with shows like Thomas the Tank Engine and MLP. They're free to like what they like, but I honestly don't get how they could be entertained by something made for toddlers.

That's false for most good shows. They all have ups and downs.

>I still can't finish Arkham Asylum because of the terrible lettering. I feel bad about it because people tell me it's amazing, but every time I try to read it I feel like I'm gonna go blind if I continue and have to stop.
>I think Planetary is a superior to Transmetropolitan Ellis' work
>I can't understand why Sup Forums likes Tomboy so much. It feels too angsty and, as much as I hate the word, edgy. The horror elements don't work at all.
>If someone says that they like CW trash or think it's good in any capacity, they become less of a person in my eyes.
>The last actually good superhero movie was Spider-Man 2. The best (technically) superhero movie is Robocop

I only come onto Sup Forums for lewds/waifu/edit threads, Heathcliff threads, and the entirety of Spooktober for the first reason.

Conversations here have already been had a million times to where if you lurk here for a week you'll have already seen it all until a new cartoon pops up. While you could argue this is true for every other board, the thing that makes Sup Forums stand out is that it has this ungodly obsession with shitty forced memes like The Nutshack, We Are No 1, Dr Pig, that Gremblo faggotry, etc. Not to mention this obsession with calling everything it doesn't like Sup Forums. I'm not even and a stormnigger and I don't like the board, yet it triggers me how often it is used as a strawman/boogeyman

I just started it and I've been rolling. It's probably the single most self-aware work of humor I've ever seen.

Man of Steel and BvS are legitimately good films.
And BvS is miles fucking better than Civil War.