ITT: Sup Forums properties that never got the kickass toy-line they deserved

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iq61zcarfNs
youtube.com/watch?v=RGKMWwQiq48
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

godda geb bag
bag do da pass
sameray jag

Dunno if this counts but IGPX merch would have been amazing.

If not,Megas XLR.

I would so put down money for vinyl figures or the like for Star Vs. The Forces of Evil

Holy shit that's awful.

At least the gi is removable.

I'm so jaded because I'm a Transformers fan who grew up in the 90s, but I always found more static/basic action figures to be so boring....most of my DBZ, Marvel, DC, Ninja Turtles, etc all ended up being more entertaining to me once I got a hold of a lighter or fireworks, but I never fucked with my Transformers

>tfw no decent Johnny figs

I would've bought scale models of this in a heartbeat.

I've always wanted a Disney toy line like Marvel Legends, where all the characters scaled with each other and had proper articulation and accessories.

youtube.com/watch?v=iq61zcarfNs
>none of them come with a whip

Bandai has shown off Kingdom Hearts Mickey and others for SHF, so regular versions might be at hand.

THE ORIGINAL PACIFIC RIM

What does it look like without the robe?

If they'd teamed up with Hot Wheels, I'd have bought every last car.

Probably a Ken.

>TFW there's Buzz Lightyear of Star Command figures
>TFW no Mira Nova
Why the FUCK do toy companies do this?

Legitimately because they consider "boys" and "girls" to be two separate markets and they don't want them to overlap or compete with each other. So they go as far as not even including girl characters in "boy" lines

I remember when I was a kid I wanted Invader Zim toys so bad. Not only the characters but that show had so many cool spacechips and vehicles

Yeh you'd think a show about cars would get a toyline

To this day I still want a Ray Man Action figure

But Invader Zim had an incredible toyline. Ships and stuff included.

It wasn't anywhere I could find it while the show was airing. I didn't have internet back then so I would just check toy stores. I even checked the Nickelodeon store that was at Universal Studios at the time

Oh yeah, it didn't come around until the show had been gone for a few years.

I'd kill for some Harvey Beaks plushies

EXTRA THIN

I wanted a toy line where you could remove pieces of a Marvel superhero's body to reveal its skeleton. I was a weird kid.

>Aang
>Sokka
>Zuko
>Katara
Toys are
>Aang
>Sokka
>Zuko
>Generic fire nation soldier

Its honestly insulting to both genders that they do this.
I don't even care about 95% of SJW crap, but don't treat kids like idiots.
I noticed when companies pulled shit like this and it did nothing but alienate me from their vision of a world full of consumer drones.

>>Generic fire nation soldier

With the skull helmet? Not going to lie, if I was a kid, that's the one I'd actually want out of all of those.

THIS

Action figures of girls are pegwarmers. Too many times have I seen piles of Pink Ranger toys unpurchased.

>majority of the cartoons and games I grew up with didn't have toys
>now spending my adult years collecting toys and figures I could never have as a child

>cancelled because it couldn't get a toyline
>it's literally about giant robots beating up giant monsters

How fucking stupid are the toy companies? Is every single toy exec so literally retarded as to think there's no way people would buy robot and monster toys?

its not limited to gender though.
There is one particular toy line of small plastic animals, that didn't bother to include the quiet yellow one.

>all those cool ideas for merch Craig had that never got made

Maybe they thought they had too much competition with transformers, power rangers, and other similar franchises.
But I don't recall those brands being especially strong at that time.
Its possible the companies were focused on other things altogether.

I've never seen an episode of that, but that toy looks radical.
That's right.
I said radical, unironically.
Guess my age.

They had those McDonalds toys, didn't they?

Or am i thinking of Atlantis?

Atlantis did
The Sub and Lobster was cool, but characters were meh.

I'm gonna go with here, the fact that the H.A.T.E.R.V never got an official toy is just complete wasted potential. I mean, fuck, this thing comes with like 10 different interactable items. Dominator should have wet herself the instant this bad boy entered her peripheral vision.

No, they had some sort of Beyblade rip-off toys for Mcdonalds.

>Dominator wet herself
thats the good kind of dirty talk.

EMH (WTF Marvel/Hasbro)
The only merch I remember outside of t shirts, books and backpacks were mugs
Not a single figure

Motorcity is one of the two shows I came in to see if someone else had brought up. The merchandise for that show would've been so stupidly easy to crank out, but instead Disney threw it under a bus. The entire show screamed "toyetic", could've been a solid franchise, and they just capriciously decided "nah, and now we're going to lock this whole thing in a vault to rot".

And Wander Over Yonder was the other show. So many character designs that would've made for highly collectible bits of plastic.

Shame too that show had fantastic designs. The perfect blend of silver-age and modern design sensibilities.

I wanted a Wasp toy.
and a better Bumble bee from DC.
The current doll line is cute, but I wanted TT BB

Yeah, I'll never be able to pose my Hawkeye/Panther two pack against a army of Hydra troopers

what the fuck is that?
that looks super generic.

It still hurts

Jan got robbed of Disney Princess status

Wait, hold on. What's the difference between a samurai sword and a "battle blade"? Is that supposed to be their alliterative name for a naginata?

That looks like babbys first WH40K

What will I play courier with now?

Now that theme will be stuck in my head

I feel like an XJ9 toy would have to be made of tin to fit the aesthetic of the show

Get Ed
youtube.com/watch?v=RGKMWwQiq48

They had both of them

3D printing will make it so.
In the future, we'll be able to make whatever the fuck we want.
Instead of drawthreads, we'll have modelingthreads.
>I want Red Sonja Riding a saber-tooth tiger
Deviant art in 3D plastic
Can you imagine it?
Thats the future we're destined for.

I never realized how much I want a plush of Sylvia until now...

Nah. If there's one thing that will never stop costing money, it's complex art related ventures. 3D printing might become more popular, but request threads would never turn into modeling threads. 3D modelers (even now) charge upwards of 100 dollars for models, if not significantly more, for amateur stuff. And they literally have no reason not to charge that in the future, if anything they'll charge more if 3D printing gets super popular. Art is one of those things that never really gets cheaper, the best you can hope is that it gets easier, and modeling is one of those where it'll probably never get easy enough to make 3D model creation work done by request.

If anything: If 3D modeling gets big enough in the future that most artists turn over to it instead of traditional art, request threads would probably just die off.

How rare are these?

Freakazoid

>electronic banjo
>not a real one
I'd rather have a Commander Peepers plush, tbqh famalam
also, that hoodie looks way too Homestuckish to wear to a convention

Honestly if we ever get to a point where all we have to do is dream it and make it real, Sup Forums will hove long since died because its the year 2371

Star Trek Replicators
I want you so badly.

>there will never be a Dominator to hot glue

Well, I mean, I hate to bring up the 3D printing topic again, because I was one of the ones shitting on the idea. But if a public model already exists, I mean...I guess it's more likely to be printable in the near future for cheap?

I wouldn't hang on star trek as though that sort of shit is really the future. Scifi inspires the future, it doesn't dictate it. Dreaming something into existence in a 3D printable form is downright impossible. The amount of work that would go into doing things like that is ridiculous to assume anyone would be willing to accept. You'll always need a modeller.

It's worse than that. IIRC, CN didn't even try shopping the brand to different toy companies because the marketing department told them the design wouldn't translate well to an action figure, especially if they wanted to duplicate the combination of the three mains 1:1.

That's right, they didn't even try because it was too hard.

>the design wouldn't translate well to an action figure
It wouldn't, transparent plastic may be the cheapest kind of plastic but it's also the flimsiest.

I know star trek is total fantasy.
But I'll be dead before I see the true path of the future.
I don't mean that in a suicidal way

AN ENTIRE 2x4 TECHNOLOGY TOY LINE FOR KIDS

Made by like Nerf or Hasbro.

Literally just make a bigger Micronaut.

Oh my God.....
I never noticed the rope until now....
What the fuck McDonald's?!

Is this Canadian?

if they made a toy of megas and it didnt have at least 10 different plastic things to shoot (an lose) it would make me pretty mad

It looks like the parody toyline from the Toy Story holiday special. "The Toy that Time Forgot" I think.

What is so important about the rope?

Arrow got sucked into a black hole and died because Scroop cut his rope/life line.

>Disney Figmas and Figuarts are a thing now
Aladdin when?

My want is close to possible, yet likely to never happen.

A comprehensive line of IDWverse TMNT designs and characters.

Santolouco TMNT, Nobody, Shredder, Alopex, Old Hob, Metalhead, actual warlord Krang, etc etc etc.

Craig's figure ideas were good shit. This one was actually prototyped.

Disney fucking Motorcity over might be one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen a company make with a marketable product.

>Action figures
>Hot Wheels cars and tracks
>Toys of all the Burners weapons
>Video games
>A Power Wheels version of Mutt
>R.O.T.H plushie
>Talking/Dancing Cyborg Dan
>A card game using Chuck's LARP episode as inspiration
>Red's Mask

>pic related

That's been a thing forever. Toy molds are expensive and women almost always require a different enough body type that they can't just retool another character. If they ship a female action figure at the same rate as the others, it'll pegwarm. If they shortpack them too badly, then it's hard to justify making a mold.

Most toy companies just opt to omit the female character than front the potential losses if they get the balance wrong.

joy's face would be a great reaction pic.

Christ, craig should just work for marvel or mattel

>we will never get a robomechabotatron action figure

>tfw PPG reboot has two seasons just for the sake of selling old toys
Jesus Christ that is unfair

>tfw no true to Jack Kirby designs toy line with bizarre technology and weird vehicles
>no Doctor Doom classic design Hot Toys figure
The current FF toys we hve are all pretty cheap and generic.

I wanted all the toy story figures when I was a kid but woody and Buzz were expensive as hell and I could never really find slinky,RC, Rex and Ham

Maybe there's hope for merchandise when Oban Star Racers 2 comes out?