Hi ya Sup Forums, I hail from /m/! Can we have a crossboard thread...

Hi ya Sup Forums, I hail from /m/! Can we have a crossboard thread? A /com/ thread if you will! We at /m/ like Sup Forums stuff: Samurai Jack, Batman, Iron Man, Megas XLR, Dexter's Laboratory, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, GI Joe, Max Steel, Futurama, Rick and Morty, and a whole bunch of other things! Anything machine related can qualify as /m/!

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki//m/
youtube.com/watch?v=OV5_LQArLa0
mediafire.com/file/ml792yt0jz1qih3
mediafire.com/file/xw7s2osquz151d1
mediafire.com/file/j3vytvk2x123gpt
mediafire.com/file/jbfg4zyb8vh7s3h/
mediafire.com/file/gc6g1uya73jqska/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yo /m/, how's it going? Ever heard of Ro-Busters/ABC Warriors? You might dig it.

Alright, what's your board's opinion on Megas XLR then? I don't really venture outside of Sup Forums and /tg/ all that much.

Does this make this thread...
x/com/?

>Yo /m/, how's it going?
Not well, we've been very splintered since Valvrave aired and Iron Blooded Orphans has devolved the board into a new Sup Forums Eye of Terror.
>Ever heard of Ro-Busters/ABC Warriors? You might dig it.
You have my curiosity.
Best western cartoon or it ties with Samurai Jack, we're more of an anime/tokusatsu board. I like Hulk and The Agents of SMASH.

So, what anime should I watch for more of that kind of thing? I always liked the kind of show that took the piss out something it genuinely loved.

Ro-Busters is an old, late 70s british comic about a squad of misft robots, including a former warbot, a sewer disposal unit and a deranged killdozer, being bought out by a manipulative boss and turned into a disaster rescue squad. Think Thunderbirds but with robots and pitch black comedy.
A couple of characters later reappeared in ABC Warriors, about a group of seven robots being sent to "tame" Mars, which after the initial colonization has turned into a wild frontier of lawlesness and assholery.
The series was created by Pat Mills, UK comics legend and creator/first editor of 2000AD, the weekly anthology that publishes Judge Dredd, among other things.
It's some pretty good mecha shit. If you've got the time, I can post a couple of stories from 'em. In the spirit of Sup Forumsoperatio/m/.

Hold up /m/ you can't just walk in here like that what have you to offer us?

An OMAC parody!
Sounds vintage.
We have an article on 1d4chan, near the bottom is a bunch of recs. Gundam has its own chart I'll upload that in a minute.

And here's the gundam guide.
>I can post a couple of stories from 'em. In the spirit of Sup Forumsoperatio/m/.
I'm sure the board would love it, feel free to make a topic and story time it over there.

>An OMAC parody
Okay carry on on /m/ enjoy your stay

>just realized I did not post the link
1d4chan.org/wiki//m/

Quite. Let's pop open a bottle, shall we?

As you may have seen, this story is drawn by Dave Gibbons, who would later go on to draw Watchmen with Alan Moore, though not before co-creating another 2000AD favorite: Rogue Trooper.

thanks user

Avert your eyes, o ye of weak hearts.

So as you can see, our man Mills digs his heroes working class, crude and rude but ultimately caring and even a bit gentle. But let's talk about what Sup Forums digs. What /m/ digs. What everyone digs. What chicks dig.
Let's talk about...

Giant. Fucking. Robots.

From the annals of comic book history, a thrilling tale of terror, treason, tragedy and triumph. The story of the world's largest underdog and the town he fought to save from the deadliest machines ever created. Mills and Gibbons present Charlie the Robot in... "The Terra-Meks"!

This one is more of an anthology story than a proper Ro-Busters tale, but it's still a bonafide classic nonetheless.

Does Sup Forums and /m/ like motorcity?

Does /m/ like Titan?

Oh come on, they can't be THAT bad now, can they?

Well... fuck.

Note: back in the 70s and for most of the 80s, british comics were usually printed in black and white, with color reserved only for the cover, the back cover, the ads and a two-page spread at the center of the issue.
In 2000AD, those spreads were usually reserved for Judge Dredd, but every now and then another strip was given the honor for big, big moments.
And they don't get bigger than that.

Status of Shit:

REAL

Your new pink ranger has a really nice butt

And now, the end of "The Terra-Meks" -- and maybe, of Charlie as well...

F

youtube.com/watch?v=OV5_LQArLa0

Bless 'em all.

And that's it for this storytime. If you'd like to read more Ro-Busters, you can find the entire classic run here:
mediafire.com/file/ml792yt0jz1qih3
mediafire.com/file/xw7s2osquz151d1

And if you'd like something with more action to it, check out ABC Warriors, Mills sequel series:
mediafire.com/file/j3vytvk2x123gpt
mediafire.com/file/jbfg4zyb8vh7s3h/
mediafire.com/file/gc6g1uya73jqska/

For now, thanks for reading, and have a good evening!

Oh hell yes, but the shit whirling in my head just makes its loss a disappointment.

I always wanted to see them do some sort of Speed Racer meets Fury Road-type of plot where Detroit Deluxe gets blown the fuck up by an even cooler megalomaniacal villain and everyone has to travel to the West Coast while forming their own vehicular army out of all the drivers they help along the way. I mean, these episodes basically write themselves.

>You will never see Mike at rock bottom after losing his home only to meet Capri and find out he has a sister for the first time

>You'll never get a Chuck episode where he hacks his way through the ruins of Fort Meade to get a combat-ready AI, only to find that it is about as geeky as him and beginning the start of an adorable robo-mance

>Or a Texas episode where he does a demolition derby/Nascar race on the Capitol Beltway, winning the alliance of a racer duo that looks a lot like Omar Little and Frank Underwood

>You will never see the Duke of Detroit learn of the ways of the Doof Warrior and kitbash his tank into a giant mobile soundstage that fires rockets and missiles out of the speakers

>You will never see them go through a giant EM storm where Tron-style Model S's try to kill everyone with railguns supercharged by the lightning strikes

>You will never see them get attacked by bandits in modified shitboxes only for the Duke to inadvertently save them because they too know the way of the Doof Warrior

>You'll never see them try and traverse the Rockies through a pass that's built like the unholy lovechild of the Casa Cristo and a Sonic the Hedgehog level, complete with roads and bridges all controlled by an angry AI

>You'll never see them befriend a Mr. Regular/Stig parody whose crew have unnatural coordinated driving skills

>You'll never see them have a final confrontation against No-El, the Electric Autocrat of California in a race against time before he uses his giant space laser to achieve world domination.

/m, i had a question about gundam. What is the advantage to use mobile suits in combat? What situations would a gundam be better than a space ship or tracked ground vehicle?

Ever hear of Shakara?

It's basically a revenge story where a robot is out to kill those who were responsible for the death of the race that created him.

so /m/,what is yur opinion on voltron?more specifically voltron remake?

I recently started watching Robotech on Netflix for the first time and it's pretty fucking good, but a voice in the back of my head keeps telling me the original Japanese show must be much better. Should I listen to that voice?

for what i understand they re faster and more Maneuverable (i think thats the word i looking for)

i said yes,go and watch macross and them watch macross movie,do you remember love,better experience,i love robotech but it story is all over the place,damn protoculture

I demand more /m/ offerings.

Megas XL is awesome.

There's some good Godzilla comics. Mechagodzilla makes an appearance every now and then. Godzilla the Half-Century War was great.

Big Guy and Rusty is also good (both the comic and cartoon)

Power Rangers has a comic. They also have a crossover with Justice League (although, the last issues have been delayed to hell).

The new Voltron cartoon on Netflix is good.

Symbiotic Titan is also really really really good (but short since it was cancelled).

Marvel's Spiderverse had a cool side story about SP//dr where Peni Parker uses a Spider Mech and fights monsters.