Is The Superior Spider-man any good? It seems very interesting

Is The Superior Spider-man any good? It seems very interesting.

I remember it being pretty decent at the time, certainly not worth the cries of pain from the bedsheets and lunch boxes crowd.

Slot hasn't written a single good story in his entire time on the character, Superior isn't any different.

It's a waste of a concept and a badly-written garbage that can be enjoyed in any capacity only if you have very low standards or outright shit taste.

the concept was interesting but the entirety of NYC had to take stupid pills for the story work

Like a lot of Slott's story, it was a good idea that was executed badly. For me, the main problem was that it lasted longer than it should have and everyone around Otto had to be dumbed down so that they didn't immediately figure out what had happened to Peter.

He had some good appearances in other books, though.

Not just that. Otto himself got reduced to being a retarded saturday morning cartoon character.
It was so bad that I can't stand Doc Ock anymore even though he was one of my favourite Spider-Man villains once.

It's alright but it's mostly just a for-fun comic. The concept is interesting, and actually going through with a mad genius Spider-Man was decently engaging, but plot holes existed from day one and eventually Slott just used it to shift around characters as he saw fit (RIP Mary Jane and Black Cat as characters). It has some great peaks and a top tier suit design for the second half, but other than a few decent bits of characterization for Otto, it's a 31-issue long What If...? that didn't have the balls to be as good as the What If...? comic with the same premise but Doom and Tony Stark instead.

I remember the Avenging Spider-man spin off written by Yost, that was fun and used the character much better than the original series

It is pretty good

This. Slott was the worst thing about Superior. Every other writer was better. Otto was some keikaku master that fooled everyone and couldn't do any wrong... until Norman blew up some of his homes and kidnapped his girlfriend.

Why not read it and find out in stead of asking here?

It ranges from fine to above average.

I personally find Slott's extended character interactions infuriating because he tends to either make everyone have the same voice during dialogues, or it wanders into "hello fellow kids" territory.

>from fine to above average
Jesus Christ, those low standards.

It's a good concept wasted on bad writing.

Yost's Avenging/Superior Team-Up is the only great book with Otto in it.

no, written by slott it was fucking stupid, though current spider-man sucks too.

Slotts run is fun at best
The side team up comics are a lot better

There are bad parts (the Venom arc, the ending) but overall its the most interesting Spider-Man has been in the last decade.

> Not MuH sPiDeRmAnS.

It was an interesting idea. Sadly, Slott wrote it, soooo...

>I have no argument, better resort to inane shitposts
SpOckfags everyone. This is the level of intelligence required to enjoy this garbage.

>interesting
Ah, a key word for "it's total shit, but I have to praise it somehow"

Could have been better in the hands of a more capable writer, check Superior Team up, or anything by Yust with Superior in it.
Main series is meh most of the time with few good moments, artwork varies from good to why the fuck does Ramos keep gettin work.
The ending is specially shit though.

Its a wreck, only read superior spiderman team up.
Its the only salvageable thing of the run.

It's the best written Spider Man arc ever. The only people who hate are "not muh" Peterfags.

Pretentious faggot, most likely a failed writer or artist, who is jealous they changed his Spider-Man detected.

Ah, shitty troll brigade woke up

It's a very enjoyable arc. There are some great moments and some terrible moments. It got pretty bad towards the very end.

The people complaining about this run typically hate Slott. I am not a fan of his Spidey work after Superior.

>The people complaining about this run typically hate
terrible writing which is all this comic is about.