BATGIRL DC JOSS WHEDON

screenrant.com/batgirl-movie-casting-shortlist-rumor/

>A potential casting shortlist for the DCEU’s Batgirl has emerged online, possibly revealing the direction Warner Bros. and Joss Whedon are taking with the character in her first solo live-action film.

>Elle Fanning (Neon Demon/Live By Night)
>Olivia Cooke (Bates Motel)
>Bella Thorne (Shake It Up!)
>Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why)
>Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers)
>Jane Levy (Don’t Breathe)
>Emma Roberts (Scream Queens)
>Haley Lu Richardson (Split/Edge Of Seventeen)
>Naomi Scott (Power Rangers)

Jane Levy is an actress with a lot of charisma. She'd look great with her hair dudes red too. She'd be a great choice.

Why do Marvel and DC hate redheads so much?

Haley Lu might not be bad

The >sheposting alone would make this worth it

Could be worse, they could be replacing a redhead with a black actor like they usually do.

She is also fucking old now

Because white women never dye their hair for roles.

Then put a wig on them like they did with Mera. The fact that there's straight up black haired women in this casting list shows they don't give a fuck about that and won't make her a readhead.

Do it DC. I need to see the reaction to this casting choice.

It's funny how with so many characters they're careful about fidelty of appearance and identity, but when it comes to redheads they figure they can just throw all that out the window and cast anyone at all. Dyed hair is fine, but why do they treat redheads as a chance to cast black actors? If a black role was filled by a redhead, there'd be protests and petitions.

Seriously?
How young do you expect Batgirl to be?

She's only 27. And Ben Affleck is almost 50, so they're obviously going to with an older Batgirl/Nightwing anyway.

Be thankful that they're at least all white. I was bracing myself for them to change her race.

>Margaret Qualley
Is my choice. She was really fucking good in the Leftovers.

Mera doesn't have a wig. Amber actually dyed her hair.

Why do so many of them look like Kristen Stewart?

>has-beens and no names
par for the course DC

I feel like no-names are the way to go when casting established characters, for the most part.

I don't wanna be watching something and only be able to see some character they're well-known for having played before instead of the comic character.

Fanning is a GREAT choice.
Emma Roberts and Jane Levy too.

I'll see it anyway, but those would make me very happy.

Fanning

MUH
DICK

I wonder who Whedon would pair her up with. Duke probably, the bloody cuck

>All those blondes
Please let this be a sign that we are getting steph, I know we will probably never get a cass movie but anything but babs please

>Then put a wig on them like they did with Mera.
that's Batwoman's thing.

Oh I can't wait until he gets eaten alive on Twitter for every little thing he does with this project.

>not casting a trans-Muslim quadriplegic midget to play Batgirl
>literally a Holocaust

>Haley Lu Richardson (Split/Edge Of Seventeen)
>not Anya Taylor-Joy

You had ONE JOB! but seriously nice cast hope they can get margot robbie to do a cameo.

E L L E
L
L
E

Babs has been Batgirl longer in just the New 52 era than Steph ever was Batgirl.

>hope they can get margot robbie to do a cameo
but why?

Because she is popular and a bat villain.

Surprised Whedon isn't going for Cass instead of Babs or planning to have her as a sidekick.

>Implying mass media will ever have a Batgirl other then Barbera.

Jane Levy is actually a good actress and charismatic enough for the role. I like Elle Fanning a lot too.

Please choose Emma Roberts

she's the worst of the choices so they will

>She is also fucking old now
She is meant to already recovered from the Killing Joke. This is an old Batgirl.

Blame DCEU for setting the time so far ahead. EVERYONE is old.

Kinda false because there are plenty of characters that dont look like their comic orgins outside a few details.

>no best emma on the shortlist

what the fuck is this shit?

Great

her

Amber Heard isn't a redhead, but she dyed her hair for Mera.

>Batgirl has started looking at casting
Does this mean what we should be getting Nightwing casting soon?

She's probably way more expensive than DC wants to spend money on.

>Joker, welcome to your tape

>>Batgirl
>>not Oracle

>Babs
>not Cass

Considering Bruce never talked to Oracle in BvS and instead went through Alfred its safe to say either babs is fully retired or what is more likely is that shes sadly still batgirl

Please god not Roberts

those are all terrible photos

Fuck Barbara, DC needs to get on that Diversity train and give us Cass.

Diversity means black

While true this is still a chance for DC to subvert expectations and use a character who isn't awful.

Triggered by strong women, user?

Amber isn't wearing a wig for Mera
She dyed her hair

Who's that ayylmao in top-mid

Give us Katherine Langford for those hips and lips and dat ass

literally the best casting choice for babs period

...or maybe they're not on speaking terms because BvS Batman is an asshole even for Batman

Of course, I know that is fan wank. I know Warners is a buncha idiots and want to bring back a modern 60s Batgirl because they only think in superficial nostalgia and brand names.

WHERE'S KILLER MOTH?

I wonder how they're going to pull this shit off. They established that Jason's dead and Batgirl/Nightwing exist, but they won't show up in JL when Bruce is clearly looking for all the help he can get?

How are things on the Green Arrow/Black Canary rumors? Is Canary still going to be a meta in the past because that's fucking stupid

Jane Levi is way too small.

None of that matters.
They will have a trans character.
Complaining about anything in the movie is now transphobic.

> If the ever do a UtRH movie, it'll be pure garbage.

C-Can we just ask them to release the animated film to theaters with redubs or something?

Kek

I thought they already cast her in BvS, or atleast a Barbra Gordon

She was Cat Grant in deleted scenes.

They basically screwed themselves out of UtRH the moment they had Batman start dropping criminals left and right.

Whedon doesn't get to make decisions like that. He's just the director. Producers and DC higher-ups decide which characters have to be used.

I don't even know if Whedon likes Cass, Whedon is a huge shitty man-vagina so I assume his taste must be terrible.

Not really, especially given Dawn of Justice's end. If anything it lends itself more to Jason's hate for Bruce and makes Bruce an even bigger hypocrite because he DID break his one rule but still never killed the Joker, and now he's given up killing again as if that changes anything.

we can assume they're already helping on other missions elsewhere

They are just going to do the dumb Dick is a retired hero working as a cop in Bludhaven thing probably.

The fact that Bruce killed more people than probably Jason will have destroys the Red Hood story. Bruce was killing just petty criminals and probably would have killed the Joker too if he could. The whole idea of Bruce caring that Jason would want to kill the Joker and would try to stop him doesn't work in this universe. Seriously, why would this Bruce care that Jason wants to kill the Joker?

Wait, how many people did he kill in Dawn of Justice?
I took it that he only started killing during that.

She didn't die her hair, she's wearing a wig.

He directly killed like maybe 5 people, that guy is just a memeing faggot.

I really don't see Bella or Elle being Batgirl.

Jane Levy , she is a great actress

> yfw when Killer Moth isn't the big villain of the Batgirl movie.
> yfw when Whedon does some shitty OC or James Gordon Jr.

> Whedon doesn't like Cass.

user he practically wrote her character type in Firefly (River). Hell he wrote Babs in Angel (Fred) and Stephanie's in Buffy (Buffy).

Everything has led to this moment hasn't it?

Natural redheads/gingers are one of the smallest minorities on Earth (and one of the few that are socially acceptable to discriminate against), so finding enough of them that are actually good actors is like finding a needle in a haystack.

>You will never get a live action movie where an extremely sexy-voiced Killer Moth fights Batgirl and afterwards she finds herself fantasizing about him.

Barbara is actually half-Hispanic
>that's a lie but Sup Forums doesn't read comics

>Killer moth shows up but Hack Whedon just replays the same tired old joke of LOL KILLER MOTH IS USELESS
>Whedon fully cements Killer Moth as a joke villain to the masses