BtAS Thread/Episode reccomendation. I need your help

I haven't watched the show in a long time, and soon I will be introducing the show to a friend. A VERY picky friend. Seriously we gotta walk on eggshells here.
Only the best episodes.
Anyone can just spew episode titles, so give a short summary/explain yourself.
I shall be compiling a master watchlist.

Other urls found in this thread:

worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/backstage/crewcredits/animation.php
youtu.be/dJcglk1PuJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Heart of Ice
Seriously by this point everyone knows about the incredible reception it got, just tell your friend it got the show an Emmy and put Freeze on the map
>Almost Got Im
Another extremely popular and well-received episode. No need to elaborate on that.
>Feat of Clay two-parter
Solid mystery involving a great version of Clayface. Fantastic animation, great storyline, great ending, overall quality.
>Two-Face two-parter
Probably the episode I'd use, alongside Heart of Ice, to sell someone on TAS from a dramatic standpoint. It's a phenomenal way to introduce Two-Face into the series
>Joker's Favor
Most Joker episodes are pretty great but this one is my personal favorite. It's a great concept with one of the best pay-offs in the show's history.
>Birds Of A Feather
Easily the best episode Penguin's ever been in (apart from Almost Got Im) and the only episode in the show that was about Penguin, starring Penguin and telling a story that could only be told with Penguin.

There's more but these are the ones I can remember and these are usually the ones people mention whenever TAS is discussed.
The Mad Hatter and Riddler episodes are pretty great too.

>first post
>delivers exactly what OP asked for
This is why Sup Forums is my favorite board.

came here to say this
in memorandum

apart from everything already mentioned i quite liked harleyquinade and baby doll

Tell your friend to fuck off

This is pretty good point of reference for more shallow but tangible criteria:

worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/backstage/crewcredits/animation.php

Basically any episode made by Spectrum, TMS and probably Sunrise is totally worth watching in terms of animation quality alone.

Conversely, Dong Yang should be approached with care, and Akom should be straight out avoided like a wholesale used uranium buttplug shipment

This is my personal top 10 from what I can remember

>If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?
This is the debut episode of the Riddler, John Glover does such a good job portraying the character that all of the Riddler episodes are great but this one is my favorite due to loving the Riddles and the amusement park maze toward the end.

>The Last Laugh
Technically the second Joker episode, this time he's shown up with some help. There is a really key scene that perfectly displays the diametric natures of Batman and the Joker toward the end when they're in the trash processing plant. Plenty of good Joker puns and Batman even cracks a joke.

>Robin's Reckoning Two-parter
This is the definitive Robin episode for the series, a look back into how he dealt with his parents' death and his quest for revenge that almost drives he and Batman over the edge.

>The Clock King
This is the perfect example of the "just one bad day" aspect of Batman's rogues gallery. Temple Fugate is a delightful character that seeks revenge for the ultimate transgression against him; making him late.

>The Man Who Killed Batman
This is another episode like "POV" or "Almost Got 'im" that doesn't really feature Batman as heavily but the story it tells is fantastic. Geeky gangster Sid "the Squid" finds himself in the situation where everyone of his criminal cohorts thinks he bumped off the Batman, involinv him ever-deeper into thelife of organized crime until he is rubbing elbows with Rupert Thorne and the Joker himself. Joker's Eulogy for Batman in this episode is reason enough to watch.

>His Silicon Soul
This is a follow-up to the "Heart of Steel" two-parter. The AI known as HARDAC had some of its Duplicants locked away in a warehouse and the Bruce Wayne/Batman one is accidentally uncovered and activated, pitting Batman against a mechanical version of himself who turns out oo have been made a little *too* well.

>Christmas with the Joker
The first Joker episode, showcases good interactions between he and Batman even though it's still early in the series. The best part of this epsiode is thinking about exactly what the Joker was doing it all for at the end.

>Beware the Gray Ghost
A glimpse into Bruce's childhood, a hero from his past helps him solve a crime that he is all-too familiar with. Casting Adam West as the has-been type-cast actor of the Gray Ghost children's tv show was brilliant and he is an integral part of why the episode works.

Heart of Ice
People have already explaiend why this episode is great

Night of the Ninja/Zatanna
These are all just fun episodes I remember from my childhood. Night of the Ninja is about a rival student from Bruce's training in the far east that has come to Gotham to exact his revenge. Zatanna is performing in town, one of her magic tricks goes horribly wrong and she is framed for stealing the entire contents of the Gotham First National Bank's vault. Sheds more light on Bruce's training as Batman and his interactions with people from his past

Also watch Mask of the Phantasm, shit is unreasonably good

I would excise you like the xenos filth you are.

Good taste my man.

>Second Chance
One of the best Two-Face and Robin episodes, proving insight into Bruce's relationship with both.

>Perchance to Dream
Gives a pretty great look into Bruce's psyche.

But what about Junio or Jade user?

Nemesis Fight really got the heart of the Batman/Joker feud, and the Batman/Catwoman relationship, and had some of the best animation and voice-acting of the series. Whole episode is up on Youtube: youtu.be/dJcglk1PuJU

Fucking this.
Gray Ghost is easly one of the best episodes of the show

It's amazing on so many levels

Fuck off, TMS fag.

>we will never have a Gray Ghost cartoon
>we will never have a The Shadow cartoon either

so did they ever explain why batman is huge and hiding behind those two mountains?

The Shadow is dark and would never make it past censors to become a cartoon. The Shadow would blackmail and threaten people into being informants for him. Not as in, "tell me what you know or I drop you from a building" type stuff like batman. He would gather enough info to have the person ruined for life if they didnt help, or poison them and offer the antidote in exchange for information. And he wasnt above killing to prove a point

I don't remember a lot of BTAS, but I'll always remember the end of that one episode about the average joe who actually has enough of the Joker's shit and manages to pull one over on him. It was a small but immensely satisfying victory. Apologies if it's been mentioned already but I don't remember the episode title.

I also vageuly remember an episode where Batman and Robin navigate some maze the Riddler built. Batman purposely answers a question wrong so he can hijack the flying robot hand that would bring him back to the start or something.

The first one is The Joker's Favor and the second one is If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich? Both great episodes

Wow. The Shadow was edgy before Shadow the Hedgehog.

The Shadow would work as a cartoon if he had little to no censor restrictions by the network and was not neutered down to a kid's audience. An adult cartoon, so to say.
It could work if it was something closer in style to, say, Waltz With Bashir.
But maybe live-action would be better suited.

>But maybe live-action would be better suited.

Not after the 1994 film did badly in sales.

The movie failed for several reasons, being live-action wasn't one of them.
The Shadow stories involve a certain grit and horror that you can't really get out of animation.
A tv series would be better for the character.

>vageuly

>easly