What's the Battlefield Earth of comics and cartoons?

What's the Battlefield Earth of comics and cartoons?

Beast Machines

Cry for Justice or Countdown

Trouble and/or Nemesis.

For it to be like Battlefield Earth it has to be self-indulgent.

Kate's hellcat

In terms of pushing a wacky philosophy with a nonsensical plot, I gotta go with the Ultimate Warrior comic. Though I'd argue Destrucity>Scientology

I would say it's a good contender but I wouldn't know since I haven't read it, no one did

That particular Squirrel Girl run. You know the one.

All-Star Batman & Robin.

No, you fags.

The Battlefield Earth of comics is Marville.

>self-indulgent
>gaping plot holes
>incomprehensible
>creator has..."special" ideas about religion

Marville.

Ah good ol Crazy Steve!

We don't say that name here. It's name is a curse.

Poor Santa...

SDCC is upon us, we will have to go through this again.

>Countdown
Why not add Ultimatum to that list?

>>creator has..."special" ideas about religion
What were they?

>What were they?

I can't storytime right now, I have to go to work.

Just tell me what they were

that's the thing user.

I can't.

I CAN'T.

You'll just have to wait for the storytime.

How fucking new are you?

Not him, but i just went and read it. I'd obviosly heard of it, but jesus. Even it's reputation doesnt do it justice.

What did you learn from it and how would you answer this user's question? Just curious. I've read the book long ago but it's not very fresh on my mind anymore, and I have trouble remembering what exactly the author was trying to say. There were a lot of preachy pseudo-intellectual segments but I can't remember their message.

Well the first two issues were just bill jemas jerking himself off while trying to make a witty critique of the comics industry, with such a lack of grace or wit that its nearly painful to read. All of the references are so outdated, and all of his future predictions are hilariously wrong. The company wars jabs that he makes are just so clumsy and, given how bad the series is, nearly funny just because of the irony.

Then after the first two issues, it takes a bizarre turn as jemas tries to get metaphysical and philosophical. Honestly, it's so weak. The level of depth and understanding feels like something a 17 year old who half paid attention their religious studies and biology classes. He gets so much wrong, and theres really no excuse, becausr the ideas and themes he tries to talk about have already been explained and explored in depth by mich more intelligent people. And he got all the evoloution stuff hilariously wrong. He doesnt understand mutation and speciation at all. And again, his commentary is often mean spirited. His ability to ignore so many different scientific theories to make his science (bullshit) fiction is nearly impressive. As for the whole "god is the collective intelligence that makes nature work" is again, not a new idea. Goddamn its so hamfisted and shit. Its so fucking arrogant. Fuck. It made me so angry. Probably one of the least mature adult comics I've ever read

Completely nailed the battlefield earth analogy though.

In my 5 gb of reaction images, i couldnt find one that sums up the rage and incredulity it made me feel.

Batman v Superman

The first Thor film because it's also 99% Dutch angles.