Spiderman v.s. Deadpool

Which one has made the bigger impact in pop culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZMFRBoYZrI0?t=5m51s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

spiderman no contest

Spider-Man

>who has a bigger impact in pop-culture, the third most well known of all superheroes or the guy who only became mainstream recently
jesus fucking christ mate.

Spidey, how young do you have to be to even ask that?

I wonder how it goes now

Superman, Batman, Spider-man, and Ironman probably all have some claim to being known throughout the world

Batman has gotta be the most popular. He's always had the public eye. Movies coming out consistently for nearly 30 years, cartoon series, really easy merchandising.

Superman is probably more well known than Spidey (he's basically the proto-superhero after all), but given things lately I'd wager Spider-man is more popular.

The Hulk used to be really big as well, but I think that has simmered down a little. Iron Man has caught up thanks solely to the movies.

>retarded namefag
And no one was surprised

Spider-Man is a $2 Billon property

Batman and Superman together are like $300 million I think.

Spider-Man's more popular than any other Superhero, followed by Batman.

Anyone else want op to die or just me ?

>and Ironman

It hasn't even been a decade since he became a big player. He's nowhere near the other three just because he's big in the current MCU.

Wish a lot of OPs on this board would die desu

I didn't say he was iconic, just has a reasonable chance of being known throughout the world

I didn't say anything about iconic either, just that he's nowhere fucking near the other three. The Hulk is most probably more recognisable than him, because of the old tv show on top of all the movies.

People in Askaskiland probably recognises RDJ before they remember anything about Iron Man beyond "metal suit, metal name".

Hulk lowered on the list.

I'd say now it's

>Batman
>Spider-Man
>Superman
>*Massive fucking power gap*
>Captain America
>Wonder Woman (?)
>Wolverine
>Hulk
>Iron Man

I'd put wolverine above Cap and WW.

The 90's x-men show was popular and people thought he was X-man

OP asking about the impact in pop culture, not the popularity rankings. Pop culture include areas other than comic book nerds.
The easiest way to see the influence is go to the store and see how many products each character has.
There's probably more Deadpool memorabilia than Spiderman right now; but, Spiderman has influence pop culture longer, over the years.

>people thought he was X-man
i've never heard anyone say that

t. grew up in the 80's

I have had my fair share of stupidities from both of their fans

>>Spider-Man
>>Expects Infinity Wars to use him as main character
>>Expects half the Venom film to be about Spidey.
>>Want Captain America to call him "The best hero of all of them."

>>Deadpool
>>Ran into a guy at a Gamestop, talked Marvel. "Deadpool should beat Thanos in Infinity Wars, because he knows Thanos' weakness! Death likes him over Thanos"
>>All the Deadpool fan parodies on Youtube that just imitate Renold's impersonation.
>>youtu.be/ZMFRBoYZrI0?t=5m51s

If I were to go between the two? I'd say that Deadpool fans annoy me more than Spider-Man fans. Because at least Spider-Man has elements like a great rogue's gallery and supporting cast, whereas Deadpool is a punchline with no setup. You just show Deadpool and fans crack up.

We're all talking about pop culture impact, of which Spider-Man has a goddamn fuckton.

>There's probably more Deadpool memorabilia than Spiderman right now

No there isn't. I could go to the store right now and pick up a Spider-Man toy where he's a goddamn fisherman for some reason, or something similarly ludicrous that still sells because it's Spider-Man. I could not do the same for Deadpool.

I really hate the "It was better before it got popular" excuse contrarians use but it feels like that for deadpool. His sudden boost in popularity for his "LOL MEMES" portrayal killed the subtle ironic suffering of his old character. I MISS MISERABLE-POOL

>Movie fag

Fuck off.

>I could go to the store right now and pick up a Spider-Man toy where he's a goddamn fisherman for some reason, or something similarly ludicrous that still sells because it's Spider-Man. I could not do the same for Deadpool.
Making up stuff in your head that sounds good, doesn't make it a real-life fact.

Also, we are talking about pop culture. Finding a spiderman snorkel with spanish written on the side in the dollar store is not pop culture.

I'm talking about in general, but yeah, movie talks started to happen.

I feel the same way user.

I don't know if I'd want to reverse it because that never works, and character development is healthy.

But what drew me to Deadpool back then doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Somethings cultural popularity can easily be measured in how much bootleg shit it has. See
>spiderman
>Goku
>micky mouse
>Elsa

>Finding a spiderman snorkel with spanish written on the side in the dollar store is not pop culture.
Isn't it?

He doesn't really need to suffer all the time, but he really is better when he deep down wants to be something more, but nine times out of ten keeps sabotaging himself.

But yeah, pages like this one wouldn't be good if Deadpool didn't take a lot of shit.

>Finding a spiderman snorkel with spanish written on the side in the dollar store is not pop culture.

The only reason that thing is sold is because of pop culture making Spider-Man such a big thing that it sells. It's a clear indicative of its pop culture value.

And I wasn't making up the fisherman Spider-Man toy either. They've been selling them here for years, officially licensed. Deadpool is simply nowhere near Spider-Man in memorabilia, toys or pop culture. To think otherwise is insane.

>That cowgirl STILL gets my dick rock hard

>>Expects Infinity Wars to use him as main character
>>Expects half the Venom film to be about Spidey.
>>Want Captain America to call him "The best hero of all of them."

All of those points are valid.

It's because she's willing to admit she's had work done. Honesty is hot.

It helps that they have /some/ basis in the comics

Venom's actually supposed to be a standalone movie without Spider-Man

Yeah, I know

How will they explain his Spider powers like webs and wall crawling without linking it to Spidey?

No clue.

The whole thing's retarded.

It's made by Sony. They're retarded enough to ignore it and then try to tie it into Spider-Man for the sequel.

It's the same company that's NOW deciding to finally do a Girl With The Dragon Tattoo sequel, except they're recasting everyone and instead of adapting the next book in the series they're skipping them and adapting the shitty fanfic book, which in itself was just a transparent cash-grab attempt by the deceased author's brother and father(who sued for his book-rights to "safeguard" them).

Not even debatable. Spider-Man is in the top 5 for most influential fictional characters.

I love Cap, and he's one of my favorite characters, but Wolverine and Hulk have always been more recognizable.

Wonder Woman has been too, but honestly more in a "she exists" type of way.