The following are scenes from The Proud Family

The following are scenes from The Proud Family.

>You may want to slow down, Mr Proud, because the friction of your fingers in combination of the ashiness of your skin can result in spontaneous combustion.

>My mama always told me by ankles were so rusty, they could start a fire

>[Oscar rubs his ankles together a couple of times. A fire immediately starts]

>[Dr. Parker]: I'm sorry, honey, but if going to the baptism means being held hostage in the same place by these cretins

>[Ray Ray]: If you call me one more name that I don't understand, you ain't gonna have to worry about no baptism, you gonna have to worry about a slap-tism!

>[Penny]:Will you please chill, Hot Sauce?

>[Dijonay's Sister]: The Name is Tabasco a'ight? You better recognize!

>[Dijonay, commenting on Q Kwok's arranged bride] Dang! Homegirl that that Lucy Liu/Jennifer Lopez thing going on. She's not pretty; she's FOIN!

>Then I just... Put my foot in it!

what kind of name is dijonay?
that always bothers me as a kid
also penny isnt even that dark. whats up with that? it was really jarring seeing her next to lilo in those lilo and stitch crossovers

Isn't Penny half Mexican? IIRC her mother was a Latina.

no.
penny is a yellow bone, like her mom.

She and her siblings are named after condiments.

how come The Proud Family never got called out for shuckin' and jivin'?

Cause it was funny?

Eh, it was Simpsons with black people/minorities in general. Not terrible, but not great.

What's with black people and dry skin? Is it genetic or something?

but that wouldn't be spontaneous would it? I'm pretty sure that's just regular combustion

Everyone gets dry skin. It's just a particular joke with black people because it's apparent on our skin.

I still don't get what the point of the cliffhanger in the Ramadan episode was supposed to be

The plot itself was already alright, teaching people about traditions, you didnt need to go aggro on the ending

Its easier to see and notice especially on really dark skinned people. Like white chalk on black construction paper.

I'm not sure if it's an official black name like Taniqua or Latasha, but it's certainly no stranger than the rest of the shit they name their kids.